Tired of the Tattoo thing?

meximonk

Star
This might seem trivial, and more of a rant than anything, but is anyone else tired of looking at all the tattoos? Is it another example of how our mass culture exhibits the hive mentality?
Perhaps it's also been predictive programming to desensitize the "masses" for the mark of the beast.

meximonk

Star
Funny. My Faith is Ivrit. We have beards, but not tatoos. I've been this way my entire life (save the beard until I was about 20 or so). I guess the Pop culture has dubbed me hip again.

Damn

polymoog

Superstar
I understand some might not like tattoos, what i dont get is those people who make a big deal about not having tattoos, to be honest i hate the fashionable ones, tribal, butterflies ect, but again thats for other people to chose, im all for body autonomy and that extends to tattoos or body modifications.
i wont speak for everyone, but my main beef is those who tattoo, pierce, or modify their body to compensate for a lack of depth. its no different than those who affix an irish or an italian flag sticker to their car bumpers to show everyone.
what anyone does with their own body is no one elses business, of course.

It seems of late people have become smug about not having them and then feel the need to smugly proclaim how anti establishment they are for not having them, its like societies flipped. the non tattoo havers are the new vegans.
thats true, but its a result of the in-crowd jumping on the tattoo bandwagon (because kim kardashian or someone put a butterfly on their ankle or something), diluting the intentions of the original tattooed contingent.

Toulouse

Established
When soccer moms started getting them 15-20 years ago, it became really played out. Nothing says counter culture like driving in the minivan to pick up the kids from school with your sleeve tattoos before going to the book club to discuss Fifty Shades of Grey or Twilight while drinking a nice glass of wine.
Almost like the lyrics of that Don Henley song, "Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac", or being able to buy Bob Marley, Ramones or Sex Pistols t-shirts at Wal Mart. Counterculture (not that I agree with everything that is countercultural, but I will defend their rights to express themselves...done in taste) has been co-opted to be mainstream.

Toulouse

Established
im taking this off topic (sorry, toulouse). its semi-related.

the overwhelming culture we are experiencing in the west is that of liberalism. we are fed this through the politico-corporate pipeline, hollywood, MSM, and through the education system.
music should be the pulse of youth. it used to be against "the system" not too long ago. off the top of my head, ministry had that song "a new world order" and other punk/ grunge bands echoed the message of refusing to comply or obey with what we are being told. counter culture was always about anti- conformity.
today, do you see any bands railing against the system? railing about censorship and free speech? putting aside that the musicians are all puppets for their illuminist record labels, they arent rebelling against any mainstream propaganda messages-- they are actually in agreement with it! there are hundreds of examples... again, off the top of my head, that eminem song, "f- trump". i could turn on any channel on TV and get that message.

those that are most oppressed by the system today are conservatives and the religious. although they are traditionally supposed to expose the hypocrisy in the system, youll hear nothing of it from musicians` messages, though.

plenty of conservatives have beards and shaved heads (its not a political divide: if ones hair is thinning, youve got to either cut it short or shave it... or look uncool). the battle jacket admittedly will you give you away. in any case, the cops are going to have a problem when you start rioting and looting. im not saying that there arent prejudiced cops by any means, but we are going off topic here.
in any case, your look will be accepted as 'just' and "anti-racist" by many. being white and having a cross arounds one neck today gets your prejudged as a racist white supremacist arguably as often as a policeman would prejudge you as a societal problem.
No problem on the digression. Like you said, it relates...

Girl with tattoo = Too much red flag. Usually a man pumped and dumbed them and then they get a butterfly tattoo. I've never seen a girl get a tattoo and she was not whore
and you sound like an incel

i have three tattoos, im 34 and been with the same man since i was 17, hes two years older than me, so am i a whore?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
and you sound like an incel

i have three tattoos, im 34 and been with the same man since i was 17, hes two years older than me, so am i a whore?
I think the vast majority of people these days have no issues and make no judgements about what people who have tattoos are like. My brother in law has full sleeves, back piece, chest, calves and back of his head tattooed!!! None of us treat him any differently. My cousin has her feet with tats on the top and some pretty random ones elsewhere, but again, it’s just a bit of ink that expressed her feeling at the time - it’s not her.

meximonk

Star
Almost like the lyrics of that Don Henley song, "Out on the road today I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac", or being able to buy Bob Marley, Ramones or Sex Pistols t-shirts at Wal Mart. Counterculture (not that I agree with everything that is countercultural, but I will defend their rights to express themselves...done in taste) has been co-opted to be mainstream.
This supposedly was one of Kurt Cobain's biggest stressors. Some suggest that Courtney Love took him out because he didn't want anything to do anymore with the co-opting of Grunge. Grunge was at the heart of counter-culture in the early 90's.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This supposedly was one of Kurt Cobain's biggest stressors. Some suggest that Courtney Love took him out because he didn't want anything to do anymore with the co-opting of Grunge. Grunge was at the heart of counter-culture in the early 90's.
That’s a real shame - there are “hills to die on” but “not being countercultural enough” is surely not one of them!!!

I think the vast majority of people these days have no issues and make no judgements about what people who have tattoos are like. My brother in law has full sleeves, back piece, chest, calves and back of his head tattooed!!! None of us treat him any differently. My cousin has her feet with tats on the top and some pretty random ones elsewhere, but again, it’s just a bit of ink that expressed her feeling at the time - it’s not her.
The issue I had was the guy saying women with tattoos are whores.
I've never met anyone who has an issue with tattoos except for nameless people non the internet like the poster I quoted.

I don't care about your cucked husband. Too much soy harms men and yes you are probably a whore. Brainlet people usually use the 'incel' word
So you are an incel or mgtow then.

What's up did a lady with a tattoo hurt your fee fees once

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I've never met anyone who has an issue with tattoos except for nameless people non the internet like the poster I quoted.
I had an issue with that as well. You should never presume to know someone based on something external like cloths or tattoos - they may tell you something about style choices but not much about the person inside. Far worse than even the most shocking face tattoo is the evil that comes from the human heart when they are prepared to bad-mouth a person based on a bit of ink. </opinion_over>

1 Samuel 16

...the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Last edited:
I had an issue with that as well. You should never presume to know someone based on something external like cloths or tattoos - they may tell you something about style choices but not much about the person inside. Far worse than even the most shocking face tattoo is the evil that comes from the human heart when they are prepared to bad-mouth a person based on a bit of ink. </opinion_over>

1 Samuel 16

...the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
some of the most dangerous and evil people out their look 'normal', clean cut and godly. look at any serial killer, just look at the list of epstein guests.

There was no need to call women whores for having tattoos, that person clearly has an issue with women though, when looking at his reply to my comment

I think in these post-modern times there is no “dominant culture” so there is no great value in pushing off against tattoos or having one as a “statement”. If you like one, get one, if not, stay away from the ink gun!!!
Except there is a dominant culture.
im taking this off topic (sorry, toulouse). its semi-related.

the overwhelming culture we are experiencing in the west is that of liberalism. we are fed this through the politico-corporate pipeline, hollywood, MSM, and through the education system.
Yeah, mainstream media loves to promote a manufactured "rebellion". It always has; it's why they gave poor urban and working class kids record deals. But it's just that; it's a manufactured rebellion to prevent genuine revolution. But that liberal media still tells me to consume, still tells me that the military is my friend, and still tells me that there's nothing wrong with the system; it just needs more minorities.

It's the same system, just with a different coat of a paint. And it's largely supporting the same things conservatives root for... Just with a bit more diversity. But that's not really the point.

music should be the pulse of youth. it used to be against "the system" not too long ago. off the top of my head, ministry had that song "a new world order" and other punk/ grunge bands echoed the message of refusing to comply or obey with what we are being told. counter culture was always about anti- conformity.
Counter-culture has always been anti-conformity... But you're not really rebelling if you're siding with a majority political party and almost every nation on earth has a major conservative political party. I mean, Team Trump ain't rebels; they are about 50% of the American voting population.

today, do you see any bands railing against the system? railing about censorship and free speech? putting aside that the musicians are all puppets for their illuminist record labels, they arent rebelling against any mainstream propaganda messages-- they are actually in agreement with it! there are hundreds of examples... again, off the top of my head, that eminem song, "f- trump". i could turn on any channel on TV and get that message.
I can think of a lot of artists that rail against the system in various way. There's a whole world of music outside major labels.

those that are most oppressed by the system today are conservatives and the religious. although they are traditionally supposed to expose the hypocrisy in the system, youll hear nothing of it from musicians` messages, though.
Do you really believe this? When every country in the world has a powerful conservative party, that often is the majority?

plenty of conservatives have beards and shaved heads (its not a political divide: if ones hair is thinning, youve got to either cut it short or shave it... or look uncool). the battle jacket admittedly will you give you away. in any case, the cops are going to have a problem when you start rioting and looting. im not saying that there arent prejudiced cops by any means, but we are going off topic here.
Yeah, but I've been harassed by cops and/or security for simply standing around. 'cause my beard ain't tame and I don't dress "conservatively". And battle jackets have nothing to do with riots.

any case, your look will be accepted as 'just' and "anti-racist" by many.
Where do you live? 'cause outside of cities like Portland, looking like a metalhead/punk is likely to get you a lot of shit.

being white and having a cross arounds one neck today gets your prejudged as a racist white supremacist arguably as often as a policeman would prejudge you as a societal problem.
I know a lot of people who openly profess to be Christian. They don't get shit. Hell, almost everyone I know is conservative and Christian.

polymoog

Superstar
for the record, i laughed because my gf has about 10 of them.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What's that scent ? Ummmm smells like a simp! View attachment 44608
Is a “simp” the word for someone with normal human sympathies used by the troll community*? I’m just wondering...

*Separate question - do trolls even have a community (I just can’t see them getting on all that well with one another as they seem to feel comfortable dishing out insult, whilst having the thinnest skin around)

Last edited: