The Sun Revolves Around the Earth

Karlysymon

Superstar
An opinion that has so often been expressed on this forum is along the lines of "you are basically not allowed to have an opinion on a place that you've never been to nor live in". Well, this thread takes that very opinion to its logical conclusion...that we shouldn't even talk about outer space because none of us have ever been there. Those who make these kinds of statements, whether they realize it or not, push censorship. Thankfully, Polymoog also explained the real reason as to why those opinions are expressed in the first place.
Rambling over.

Last edited:

Etagloc

Superstar
You are becoming the Muslim edition of Lisa.
I don't really remember Lisa. Anyways, I believe what I believe and the sun is still spinning.

Besides, even you have to admit that tons of people don't believe in Darwinism. You probably know tons of people who would agree with me on that issue.

Z. T. Jacob

Established
No, actually science shows that the sun revolves around the earth. You should check out the documentary and stuff.

Also, I'm not a flat-earther. The earth is like a ball.
Some people have gotten so far down the rabbit hole of these crazy ideologies that they can no longer be reasoned with. The internet is like a bubble, you can surround yourself completely with those you agree with, unlike in real life, and there's no real confrontation, because you can hide behind your screen. So continue to hide and continue to live in your bubble if you so desire. I'm just trying to bring some more sense this conversation.

Also, please list five scientific observations that support the idea that the sun revolves around the earth. You may change my mind.

Etagloc

Superstar
Some people have gotten so far down the rabbit hole of these crazy ideologies that they can no longer be reasoned with. The internet is like a bubble, you can surround yourself completely with those you agree with, unlike in real life, and there's no real confrontation, because you can hide behind your screen. So continue to hide and continue to live in your bubble if you so desire. I'm just trying to bring some more sense this conversation.

Also, please list five scientific observations that support the idea that the sun revolves around the earth. You may change my mind.
I live in a bubble? You haven't been to where I live.

I mean... yes... it's the internet. Yes, I am using the internet and so are you.

Now as far as changing your mind.... I don't actually care about changing your mind. Honestly, I'm pretty much just entertaining myself. I think it's pretty nifty I've got a thread called "The Sun Revolves Around the Earth" as a top thread here. Success! And half this forum can post here and "hate" but the more you hate the more you bump my thread.

I mean.... hate it, love it, feel someway in the middle, I don't care... if 99 people think my thread is crazy and 1 person thinks "right on!" I'm satisfied. Honestly, the 1 person can "hate" too- I don't care.

I'm over here laughing and finding this entertaining. Think what you want or think whatever, I'm not worried about what you think. You're a random person on the internet from my point of view.

Etagloc

Superstar
also as far as the agenda of the thread....

I bet you (figuratively not literally) at least two people will be exposed to this way of thinking as a result of this thread.... that in itself is plenty success for this thread

Aero

Superstar
Anyone can question an official narrative. Shit, a 5-year-old kid can question his parents. That doesn't make the 5-year-old some kind of genius. In reality, that kid is just going to put in their place and talked down to. Sound familiar?

BTW I'm not calling anyone a kid here. I'm just trying to put things into perspective. Nobody calls a little kid brave for acting that way. They will just be called a little asshole. Now, of course, I'm not happy about that. But that's how it is.

I think people should embrace a more rebellious nature. But we will never get there with some much half-assed movements. What I mean is so many people seem to pick one issue they feel rebellious about. Like there is a serious lack of unity even amongst the rebels. Because maybe they aren't real rebels. It's all more of a trend than a rebellion.

Wigi

Veteran
Because Copernicus in a way was a precursor of Darwin.
Hi,

I don't understand in what sense Copernicus paved the way for Darwin.

For example, Johannes Kepler was a creationist and a proponent of heliocentrism so where's the problem?

You said the Quran and the Bible only presents geocentrism but it's just a matter of frame of reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrestrial_reference_frame

I quote:
"Our point of view is in essence distorted by the place in which we view it happening"

The Bible, for example, describes the sun rise and the sunset under our terrestrial frame of reference. That's it.

As for Darwinism and Evolution, it's another topic and there are a lot of things to say but I guess the job is done here.

Ps: Sorry if i'm blunt but I think it's weird when people assume we can't trust science just because it's against their understanding of things.

If we value God's word in our lives, we should learn to discern the truth and not immediately oppose the scriptures with the scientific method.

Peace

manama

Star
I don't really remember Lisa. Anyways, I believe what I believe and the sun is still spinning.

Besides, even you have to admit that tons of people don't believe in Darwinism. You probably know tons of people who would agree with me on that issue.
People also believe in flat earth, that muslims are terrorist, that religion is toxic or God is imaginary etc etc. If your basis is that people would agree with you, youre already flawed. Unless you can give proper arguments as to why sun would even revolve around the earth (also explaining stuff that eclipses and everything else that flat earthers can't answer) you are delusional.

And do NOT bring Quran into this or Islam. Quran mentions that both the Sun and the moon are revolving but it never said that they are revolving around earth or that earth is stationary. Not to mention the only way Sun's rotation around earth would make sense is if earth is flat (which it clearly isn't both according to science AND quran).

The arguments I've seen by any one who says otherwise are honestly so pathetic, its embarrassing. Even Isis knows how to take verses out of context better than these dumb idiots. And just because someone is a scholar doesn't mean he is always correct.

Unless you can bring a verse or a hadith that CLEARLY states that "sun is revolving around earth" OR provide actual scientific arguments. Please go away and stop spreading this bs. No Muslim on this site would actually take you seriously except someone who is broken in the head and its already painful to look at.

At this point i don't even know if this is a troll thread or not but if it isn't my God.

manama

Star
Honestly, stuff like this make me feel for Satan. The guy would be out there face palming himself back to mortality. Imagine being semi-immortal until a certain day and have a species to destroy only to see them self destructing faster than you could think.

Ah, the great year, the yuga cycle, whatever you want to call it. I could talk about that for quite a while! It really shows, just on this thread even, that were in the kali yuga, the level of ignorance among the populace is truly saddening, for me at least, but some of us are starting to wake up and let our conciousness evolve. We are moving out of the kali yuga and into the dwapara very soon, and I do think it's the "end of times," but only for this part of the cycle. Just as the bible said, God would come down to earth and there will be 1000 years of peace. We are ascending, though after some trauma. I like to think of it as a kind of birth, because birth is a very traumatizing experience for the baby, but she couldn't be born without it. Enough rambling (for now :) you should check out this article. I dont have the link but it's called "the kali yuga ends in 2025" on Graham Hancock's website. Peace and love!
good read

"
Part 2: The archaeological and historical evidence
According to the Yuga Cycle doctrine, the transitional periods between Yugas are always associated with a worldwide collapse of civilizations and severe environmental catastrophes, which wipe out virtually every trace of any human civilization. The new civilization that emerges in the new Yuga is guided by a few survivors of the cataclysm, who carry with them the technical and spiritual knowledge of the previous epoch. Many ancient sources tell us of the enigmatic group of “Seven Sages” (“Saptarsi”) who are said to appear at the beginning of every Yuga and promulgate the arts of civilization. We find them in myths from across the world – in Sumeria, India, Polynesia, South America and North America. They possessed infinite wisdom and power, could travel over land and water, and took on various forms at will. Were they the survivors of the previous Yuga or visitors from outer space? Opinions differ on this point, but surely neither option can be discarded without proper scrutiny. In any case, the main point is that the transitional periods between Yugas must necessarily correlate with the severe cataclysmic events that regularly impact our planet, as reflected in the archeological records. As we shall see, the Yuga Cycle timeline proposed here correlates with these catastrophic events with a stunning accuracy. In addition, the transitional periods can also be correlated with dates recorded in various ancient calendars and traditions."

https://grahamhancock.com/dmisrab6/

Etagloc

Superstar
Hi,

I don't understand in what sense Copernicus paved the way for Darwin.

For example, Johannes Kepler was a creationist and a proponent of heliocentrism so where's the problem?

You said the Quran and the Bible only presents geocentrism but it's just a matter of frame of reference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrestrial_reference_frame

I quote:
"Our point of view is in essence distorted by the place in which we view it happening"

The Bible, for example, describes the sun rise and the sunset under our terrestrial frame of reference. That's it.

As for Darwinism and Evolution, it's another topic and there are a lot of things to say but I guess the job is done here.

Ps: Sorry if i'm blunt but I think it's weird when people assume we can't trust science just because it's against their understanding of things.

If we value God's word in our lives, we should learn to discern the truth and not immediately oppose the scriptures with the scientific method.

Peace
I haven't said we can't trust science. Science shows the sun revolves around the earth.

Etagloc

Superstar
People also believe in flat earth, that muslims are terrorist, that religion is toxic or God is imaginary etc etc. If your basis is that people would agree with you, youre already flawed. Unless you can give proper arguments as to why sun would even revolve around the earth (also explaining stuff that eclipses and everything else that flat earthers can't answer) you are delusional.

And do NOT bring Quran into this or Islam. Quran mentions that both the Sun and the moon are revolving but it never said that they are revolving around earth or that earth is stationary. Not to mention the only way Sun's rotation around earth would make sense is if earth is flat (which it clearly isn't both according to science AND quran).

The arguments I've seen by any one who says otherwise are honestly so pathetic, its embarrassing. Even Isis knows how to take verses out of context better than these dumb idiots. And just because someone is a scholar doesn't mean he is always correct.

Unless you can bring a verse or a hadith that CLEARLY states that "sun is revolving around earth" OR provide actual scientific arguments. Please go away and stop spreading this bs. No Muslim on this site would actually take you seriously except someone who is broken in the head and its already painful to look at.

At this point i don't even know if this is a troll thread or not but if it isn't my God.
I already posted the fatwa from Sheikh Uthaymeen. You can insult me all you like but you can't reasonably expect me to take your opinion over the scholars.

DesertRose

Superstar
I already posted the fatwa from Sheikh Uthaymeen. You can insult me all you like but you can't reasonably expect me to take your opinion over the scholars.
The majority of the scholars do not have this opinion.
The Quran teaches that the sun is not stationary.
You actually posted the verse on your Quran thread. #350
These stances are highlighted by memri the Israeli propaganda channel. I see that you are familiar with them.#35

Last edited:

manama

Star
You know, one of the main conditions of issuing the fatwa is that the Scholar issuing it should be "an expert" about the topic he is issuing the fatwa of. And he should issue it only after a lengthy discussion and consensus with majority of other scholars.

-Nobody agrees with whoever youre quoting
-He is NOT an expert in anything science.

That already nullifies that fatwa and he has, in layman terms, pretty much sinned by giving that fatwa.

And fatwas in this case are weak argument anyway. A Saudi imam had given the fatwa against women driving saying that "women who drive can't have kids". Now i don't need to be an expert in biology to know that driving a car has nothing to do with having kids but you know "aN imAm gAvE fAtwA".