The left says "Praying to Jesus is islamophobic!"

The Christians on this site really love being the victim lol. Must be feeling 'left' out.

I didn't "permit" anything. I simply pointed out that Christians have always had and still currently have the freedom to pray to Jesus without it being Islamophobic. The specific actions and choices of Stephanie Borowicz being criticized in this particular incident doesn't in any way cause Christian prayer to be Inherently islamophobic. It's not Islamophobic to pray to Jesus and it never has been... No one (not "the left" or anyone else) has claimed that "praying to Jesus" is an Islamophobic act. I know you understand that this is exactly what I've said, don't play dumb or attempt to strawman me.

As I previously stated, People have labeled Rep. Stephanie Borowicz specific actions in this situation as insensitive and politically motivated but no one has ever said that Christians can't pray to Jesus in a positive and peaceful way. Praying to Jesus is not islamophobic and no one has claimed that it is. Again, no one has removed your freedom to pray to Jesus in a non-inflammatory (or even inflammatory) way. And like I've said, this is true regardless of however you want to personally interpret Rep Borowicz's intentions.

Thanks for proving my point.

In a perfect world, there wouldn't be any hostility between the abrahamic religions and everyone would understand that they follow the same God... but we don't live in that world. Many people are hostile towards other religions and believe theirs to be the one and only truth and the only true path... especially right wing evangelicals. Rep. Borowicz's actions speak for themselves and the message was pretty clear to many people.
Agreed...Representative Borowicz needs to read Matthew 6:5.
Anyone who uses prayer to preach a mesage or make a political statement is a hypocrite.

Lurking009

Established
So if I were to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not just a hypocrite, you should agree that what that idiot Borowicz did in this situation had very little to do with religious convictions because it was obviously a provocative, passive-aggressive, and manipulative political stunt. Got it, thanks. ;)
1. Clearly you missed this post:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pennsy...owicz-prayer-muslim-offended-gop-swearing-in/

"The first female Muslim member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives said Tuesday she was offended by a colleague's decision to open a voting session with a prayer a day earlier that "at the name of Jesus every knee will bow."

...The rest of the story...

"Johnson-Harrell won a special election earlier this month to fill a seat vacated by the resignation of Democratic Rep. Vanessa Lowery Brown, who had been re-elected in November after being convicted of bribery. Johnson-Harrell's swearing-in drew 55 guests, a majority of them Muslim. A Muslim prayer was said from the House dais during the ceremony.

Another Muslim lawmaker, Rep. Jason Dawkins, D-Philadelphia, opened the session on Tuesday by reading from the Quran. His invocation was followed by applause."

Woman recites from Bible. OUTRAGE!!! SHAMEFUL!!!

Muslim prayers and reciting of the Koran. APPLAUSE!!! VIRTUE SIGNALLING!!! TOLERANCE!!!

Hypocrisy.

2. My post you quoted is about freedoms being taken away due to someone else's belief, such as freedom of speech, pork bans, fundamental changes in government, dog ownership under attack. That particular post was not addressing prayers or reading from books, so your response is a disconnect.

Yeah, she said Rep. Stephanie Borowicz specific actions in this incident were essentially Islamophobic, disrespectful, and politically motivated... she did not say that "praying to Jesus" is Islamophobic. Neither has "the left" ever claimed that Christian prayer is Islamophobic.
Oh, I see. Ok got it, that makes sense.

To say that she (or "the left") did is a blatant lie used to create division and hostility. That's why I pointed out that the article in the OP is biased propaganda, it blatantly lies and uses clickbait in the title to mislead people and its analysis is false.
This is why I'm getting fed up by "news" sources from any side of the political spectrum. They all seem to have an agenda.

There really isn't though. Christians aren't persecuted in America... They have a lot of political power and influence here among both the right and "the left".
And I agree. Christians aren't being oppressed here. However, in my experience at least, there's seems to be an increase in liberal or left-leaning folks who shun or demonize Christianity by basically equalizing it with white supremacy, homophobia, or misogyny, something I don't have a huge problem with. The thing I do have a problem with though is the double standard and how people pick apart "everything wrong with Christianity and Christians" but turn around and pretend every other religion is perfect.

I get that not everyone does that and in some places, its Christians who are doing the demonizing but I feel like this is something I've seen happen more and more. That's all. Sorry for my delayed response, I hope you had a good weekend.

"at the name of Jesus every knee will bow."

Woman recites from Bible. OUTRAGE!!! SHAMEFUL!!!

Muslim prayers and reciting of the Koran. APPLAUSE!!! VIRTUE SIGNALLING!!! TOLERANCE!!!

Hypocrisy.
Nope. The issue is not that the Bible was also read (because this is done almost every single opening, derp), the issue is that she obviously only chose that particular Bible verse to be inflammatory and exclusionary in reaction to Muslims in government.