Religious lies. Why do so many knowingly accept them?

Religious lies. Why do so many knowingly accept them?

People, I hope, are not foolish or gullible enough to reallybelieve in the talking serpent and donkey of the bible nor the 72 virgins otthe Qur’an. I also hope their gullibility is not broad enough to have themswallow all the other supernatural ideas floated by religions. The ancients intelligentlyknew that nothing could be known of the supernatural.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Modern priests, preachers and imams ignore the unknowabilityof the supernatural constantly while lying to us about the Gods.

I do not want to believe that we are as gullible as some peopleseem to be.

Why then do you think we knowingly pay and support priests,preachers and imams, perpetual liars in my view, to lie to us?

Regards
DL

manama

Star

Forever Light

Veteran
Islam tells us not to as priests/scholars can lead the masses astray and on the path of lies and evil
Just like the Bible also warns against them and Jesus called them "the blind leading the blind" and said not to listen to them, because if the blind are leading the blind then both fall into the ditch (or pit).

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
I see religion as a more soulful law to keep humans in general civil.
By nature we are a violent species, so there is good and bad with religion.

The good is that you get the belief to be a better person to yourself and to those around you.

The bad is religion has been misconstrued by man throughout. Some hide behind religion for their bad deeds.

Of course the most sane of minds are not falling for it.
I know people are smarter than they let on.

Or are they???

mecca

Superstar
Hard to justify the people who kill, r*pe, cheat, steal.
They chose to do that and they were affected by their environment as well, it's not inherent human nature.
There are a lot of good people too. I direct my time towads that
Yes, I try to as well... although this website always talks about the bad sides of humanity.

Maes17

Superstar
They chose to do that and they were affected by their environment as well, it's not inherent human nature.

Yes, I try to as well... although this website always talks about the bad sides of humanity.
There's always going to be good and bad.
Glad you focus on the good Mecca.

The only people who believe that are the non muslims as there are no 72 virgins anywhere in the entire Islam.

Islam tells us not to as priests/scholars can lead the masses astray and on the path of lies and evil

Yea still glad to be a Muslim.
Depending on where you live, and whether your fellow Muslims kill their apostates or not, you might not have a choice but to say that.

In that case, if you happen to be in that position, you are saying you are glad to not be free. You are glad to be slaved to a belief system.

Regards
DL

Why do you believe that same ancients who are the root of religion? we don't even know what the ancients saw, all could be a big fat lie
??

Why do you believe the same way, and end in the mental dissonance of belief in the supernatural?

You are correct in thinking your ancient were lying but before your creed became idol worshipers, they thought better.

Here is a short explanation of that better way of thinking.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Regards
DL

Just like the Bible also warns against them and Jesus called them "the blind leading the blind" and said not to listen to them, because if the blind are leading the blind then both fall into the ditch (or pit).
Indeed.

That is a part of why I like Gnostic Christianity as it encourages free thought and not idol worship the way Christianity and Islam does.

Regards
DL

I see religion as a more soulful law to keep humans in general civil.
By nature we are a violent species, so there is good and bad with religion.

The good is that you get the belief to be a better person to yourself and to those around you.

The bad is religion has been misconstrued by man throughout. Some hide behind religion for their bad deeds.

Of course the most sane of minds are not falling for it.
I know people are smarter than they let on.

Or are they???
Hard to say but since we have a long history full of war, even though the vast majority claim to be religious, I do not agree that religions are more soulful law to keep humans in general civil.

5,000 years of Inquisitions and Jihads belie that.

Sure, some wars have been blamed on the secular and Godless, but the vast majority have been religious and that is why I blame religion more than the Godless.

Statistics also show that the Godless countries are more peaceful.

Regards
DL

Forever Light

Veteran
Indeed.

That is a part of why I like Gnostic Christianity as it encourages free thought and not idol worship the way Christianity and Islam does.

Regards
DL
From where I'm sitting and as far as I think I can see things, the mistake Islam has made is because of people wanting to follow the details of Mohammed (pbuh) personal life instead of just accepting and wanting to follow what he was given by God, to pass on to everyone (The Qur'an) which is also what Mohammed really actually wanted.

So, after a while the Hadiths were born, and then the same people, or type of people, who always want to lord it over others instead of wanting to share get there hands on things and then start making up their own rules, regulations and traditions in order to oppress and keep the rest, who now become their slaves, down.

However, I find the core belief and simplicity of Islam to be truly beautiful and to me, it is not actually any different from that of what actual "true" Christianity would be, or rather - just following the actual Teachings of Christ.

Is that what you might call Gnostic, or would you put it a different way?

The names of these religions now to me are just used to distinguish between them because that is how they are known, although I personally don't like the use of labels.

This year, my hope is actually to focus mostly on reading and studying the Koran because of wanting to get to know this part of Scripture better, God Willing. (I've read the Bible more since having had a Christian background).

P.S. Have you by any chance heard of or read "The Tenth Insight" by James Redfield?

There is a short article about it on my favorite website, which talks about Christ and the Gnostics and who they actually really were.

I've seen some supposed "Gnostic" beliefs being mentioned on other sites at times, that I don't personally like or believe to be correct. But, I don't disagree in any way with this below, which talks about the Gnostics (at least the early ones) to have been actual "Followers of The Way (of Christ, but not of "the church")":

[Christ and The Gnostics (Adapted from the Tenth Insight)]

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Hard to say but since we have a long history full of war, even though the vast majority claim to be religious, I do not agree that religions are more soulful law to keep humans in general civil.

5,000 years of Inquisitions and Jihads belie that.

Sure, some wars have been blamed on the secular and Godless, but the vast majority have been religious and that is why I blame religion more than the Godless.

Statistics also show that the Godless countries are more peaceful.

Regards
DL
True true

manama

Star
This is the typical "atheists are better than religious people cuz boohoo evolution" type of thread.