Randy Quaid

Thunderian

Superstar
The story of Randy and his wife's descent into apparent shared madness has to be one of the weirdest things out of Hollywood.

Evi and Randy Quaid may have actually been bugged

Evi and Randy Quaid might be justified in some of their paranoia. They say they were among the victims of wiretapping private eye Anthony Pellicano and his inside man at the Los Angeles Police Department, Sgt. Mark Arneson.

Randy, 67, who was nominated for an Oscar and other awards for his serious dramatic roles, was best known for his Cousin Eddie character in the “National Lampoon’s Vacation” movies before his career derailed about eight years ago.

The Quaids claimed to be victims of “Star Whackers,” a secret cabal that they say are responsible for the deaths of David Carradine and Heath Ledger. The couple said Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan were also targets.

Now, they say they’ve learned they were part of a recently settled class action suit against the LAPD and Arneson, who was paid by Pellicano to provide confidential law enforcement records on hundreds of people. Both Pellicano and Arneson are in prison. The suit was first filed in 2006.

“Everything we have said about being bugged, hacked and tracked has been proven true,” Evi told me, from an undisclosed location.

Undisclosed, because I asked her where she was and she wouldn’t tell me.

The Quaids’ names were misspelled on the list of class victims, Evi said, and no one informed them that they were on the list until the lawsuit was settled.

The court is expected to approve a deal over the case on Jan. 30 that will pay a total of $285,600 to be divided among the 345 victims of Arneson’s record checks.

But the Quaids don’t stand to get paid because they’ve opted out of the class. “I want to know exactly what happened before I settle,” Evi said.

Randy — whose last movie was in 2009, the home video release “Balls Out: Gary the Tennis Coach” — has a role in the comedy “Weight,” slated for release this year.​