Random Thoughts

Damien50

Star
Cool so you work in a company or a factory? I'm not familiar with the job
I work for a family owned shop that works for several big fleet companies. One companies transports all of Ford's vehicles from the factory to dealerships.

I repair diesel trucks/boats/cars and do welding and fabrication when necessary. I just rebuilt half a trailer and had to make some steel ladders lol.

You?

Haich

Superstar
I work for a family owned shop that works for several big fleet companies. One companies transports all of Ford's vehicles from the factory to dealerships.

I repair diesel trucks/boats/cars and do welding and fabrication when necessary. I just rebuilt half a trailer and had to make some steel ladders lol.

You?
That sounds cool, so you pretty much make vehicles lol I wish I was good with my hands, I can't even build a deck of cards, I'm hopeless

Sociology and college teacher in a central London college. It's part time, it's pretty cool and the ages I teach differ from 18-32

I do summer programmes with kids too, I've got an adorable class coming next week of 5/6year olds so I'm trying to pick reading books they'd enjoy

Damien50

Star
That sounds cool, so you pretty much make vehicles lol I wish I was good with my hands, I can't even build a deck of cards, I'm hopeless

Sociology and college teacher in a central London college. It's part time, it's pretty cool and the ages I teach differ from 18-32

I do summer programmes with kids too, I've got an adorable class coming next week of 5/6year olds so I'm trying to pick reading books they'd enjoy
My job requires little social interaction so I applaud you for being able to trash without murdering everyone.

I somehow, I just didn't want to, missed college and fell into a paid apprenticeship but still have this twinkling of admiration for college graduates that make it.

justjess

Superstar
Social worker. Currently with mentally ill children - behavioral modification. Used to do CPS investigations, too stressful but that's my specialty.

I'm also on here way to much this week.. my husband has me stuck in the middle of nowhere waiting for him to get off work all day because he's to tired to drive himself and I'm off from my job. So don't mind me.. just incredibly bored.

justjess

Superstar
Nah I wouldn't say that, though I am intelligent enough to get by. :cool: But ICT has become much more than just writing code and such things, I'm actually on the Alpha side of ICT. I mainly develop social media strategies and design campaigns for companies.
Computers are really hard. Give yourself some credit - my brain can't even begin to wrap itself around it.

Haich

Superstar
My job requires little social interaction so I applaud you for being able to trash without murdering everyone.

I somehow, I just didn't want to, missed college and fell into a paid apprenticeship but still have this twinkling of admiration for college graduates that make it.
Lucky, unfortunately my job requires a lot of social interaction which I'm ok with but I'm quite introverted and prefer to just do my own thing

I swear college in America is super expensive? Here it's pricey but most take out loans, as did I.

You could always change careers never to late, what's you ideal career?

Haich

Superstar
Yh I struggle with excel so you're pretty clever if you work in IT they don't just hand out IT jobs easily

Social workers are the most underrated people where I live, the crap they have to deal with I just don't know where you find the strength I'd probably break down. It must be rewarding sometimes when you feel you've made a difference

justjess

Superstar
It is rewarding. And I love my kids I probably get to attached to them. But it's stressful. It sucks to "swim in Shit" all day so to speak. I chose the profession as a young idealist and sometimes wish maybe I had picked something more practical lol. I think everyone goes through that to so degree though.

@Damien50 atleast your probably recession proof, both those fields are in high demand and projected demand is amongst the highest for careers across the board. The trades are experiencing a graying of their workforce so to speak plus they are hard to outsource.

Damien50

Star
Lucky, unfortunately my job requires a lot of social interaction which I'm ok with but I'm quite introverted and prefer to just do my own thing

I swear college in America is super expensive? Here it's pricey but most take out loans, as did I.

You could always change careers never to late, what's you ideal career?
Ironically this is my ideal career. I love getting dirty, burned, bloody knuckles, working alone and just creating and solving in general with this career. I don't like the people I work with but I love my job plus I make more than the average college grad does initially.

Plus I feel manly after a hard day of work.

@justjess
I love it, I just got certified in welding so I could have a fall back. Many of our customers did work for Ford and GM so if they ever have massive lay offs or shut down we'll have very little work. I've browsed welding and mechanical jobs out of curiosity and there's a strong need for skilled tradesmen.

justjess

Superstar
@Damien50 my husband is a plumber and HVAC guy by trade, been doing it since he's a kid, but he was thinking of getting certified In welding too, the job projections are really really good and so many areas are in desperate need. Plus he did apprentice pipefitting stuff for awhile and loved it and the really good pipefitting jobs - power plants, water lines, gas lines utilities etc. - that level of pipe fitting you are much more marketable if you can weld. He brazes and solders like a beast "no leak lou" - so that's a natural progression I think.

It's great you love your job it makes life so much more bearable.

DesertRose

Superstar
If it's just Jewish Zionism you hate, your memes didn't make that distinction. From here, it just looked like the same old unhinged, unspecified ranting Joo-hate.
I am calling you out officially as a liar! I am jumping over this fence to TAKE A BAT to your putrid comment AND EXPOSE your Snakery!:mad::mad:

Lying @Thunderian? Look at the OP it slams 2 faced Muslim supporters of Israel in the Saudi Regime.(Religion forum)
If you go to my Islamic Videos thread on the first page I discuss the Christian Zionists that support Israel.
I also have a video by a Muslim shaykh that discusses this stance.
DR: "Imran Hosein in this video tells Muslims that we are only against the segment of the people of the book who formed an alliance against us in the end times."
Forum members are free to check on these facts.
What is it about that country and its Zionists supporters that makes ya'll liars?:mad:
Keep trying, you wish!

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
I am calling you out officially as a liar! I am jumping over this fence to TAKE A BAT to your putrid comment AND EXPOSE your Snakery!:mad::mad:

Lying @Thunderian? Look at the OP it slams 2 faced Muslim supporters of Israel in the Saudi Regime.(Religion forum)
If you go to my Islamic Videos thread on the first page I discuss the Christian Zionists that support Israel.
I also have a video by a Muslim shaykh that discusses this stance.
DR: "Imran Hosein in this video tells Muslims that we are only against the segment of the people of the book who formed an alliance against us in the end times."
Forum members are free to check on these facts.
What is it about that country and its Zionists supporters that makes ya'll liars?:mad:
Keep trying, you wish!