Random Thoughts

Tatilina

Star
Does anyone else love paranormal shows like Ghost Adventures and Paranormal lockdown? I like Haunted case files and Paranormal witness too. Zak is such a goofball, every episode, he's getting possessed!

TMT

Star
Does anyone else love paranormal shows like Ghost Adventures and Paranormal lockdown? I like Haunted case files and Paranormal witness too. Zak is such a goofball, every episode, he's getting possessed!
I don't really like the ghost hunting type of shows, but I do love the paranormal and constantly find myself watching docs whenever they're on TV. I also like to listen to Coast to Coast since I worke graveyard and they have some cool topics and that's how I learned about this awesome site.
http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com

Tatilina

Star
I don't really like the ghost hunting type of shows, but I do love the paranormal and constantly find myself watching docs whenever they're on TV. I also like to listen to Coast to Coast since I worke graveyard and they have some cool topics and that's how I learned about this awesome site.
http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com
Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it! I find them to be funny, well ghost adventures anyways. I love the paranormal too, I go to youtube to try and find the real and rare paranormal sightings or the poltergeists caught by homeowners who set up cams in their homes. My husband loves the ghost shows and that's all he really watches. Another thing I used todfo when it was popular, is go to live cam links where people would setup webcams in their homes and you could ghost hunt from home. It's not as popular as it used to be, I find some places still do it like Willard Library and a few others I forget. I loved the Haunted artist lady, she had the best web cam set up and the most activity!!! She was a jewelry maker from home, but her artist studio was the most haunted room in the house. She would live chat with us before she went to sleep and the cams ran all night. Our favourite part is when she bought those really pretty balloons with the silver on the and they'd have pretty pictures on them, the ones that have sand to keep them from floating to the ceiling. She would set them up for us in random parts of the room. It was so much fun to see the spirits move them around. Also the cams had audio, so we coudd hear noises, bangs disembodied voices, things moving. Everynight was an awesome night. Her place was very active. She still has the website and the four cams, but I don't if she runs it anymore
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/caterina-l
Here is her website, she has 5 webcams
http://www.redlon.net/HauntedArtist/

Last edited:

TMT

Star
Thanks for the link, I bookmarked it! I find them to be funny, well ghost adventures anyways. I love the paranormal too, I go to youtube to try and find the real and rare paranormal sightings or the poltergeists caught by homeowners who set up cams in their homes. My husband loves the ghost shows and that's all he really watches. Another thing I used todfo when it was popular, is go to live cam links where people would setup webcams in their homes and you could ghost hunt from home. It's not as popular as it used to be, I find some places still do it like Willard Library and a few others I forget. I loved the Haunted artist lady, she had the best web cam set up and the most activity!!! She was a jewelry maker from home, but her artist studio was the most haunted room in the house. She would live chat with us before she went to sleep and the cams ran all night. Our favourite part is when she bought those really pretty balloons with the silver on the and they'd have pretty pictures on them, the ones that have sand to keep them from floating to the ceiling. She would set them up for us in random parts of the room. It was so much fun to see the spirits move them around. Also the cams had audio, so we coudd hear noises, bangs disembodied voices, things moving. Everynight was an awesome night. Her place was very active. She still has the website and the four cams, but I don't if she runs it anymore
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/caterina-l
Here is her website, she has 5 webcams
http://www.redlon.net/HauntedArtist/
Have you ever watched the Bigfoot hunting ones? Where they have these drunk hillbillies stumble around in the woods? Always hilarious. I've never had a ghost encounter, but I have seen UFOs twice which was cool.
Anyway I will check those links out, thank you.

Loki

Established
I actually really love Ghost Adventures and used to follow Ghost Hunters rather closely, going so far as to watch their reality TV competition for a while. Unfortunately I doubt you will see this because you've ignored me, but if you do happen to see it we could chit chat about Ghost Adventures if you want. I can't remember the name of the site, but the one where Zak seemingly got possessed by some woman up in a room and just sat there staring was incredibly creepy when I first watched it. The skeptic in me thinks that 99.9% of that show is made up and staged, but a small part of me is like, "Zak really doesn't seem to be a good actor, none of them do, so why are they so convincing when they appear to become possessed or taken over?" But, if nothing else it's always an entertaining and spooky way to pass a couple of hours. Some of my other favorite episodes are the Lizzy Borden one and Poveglia Island.

Lisa

Superstar
This is how it goes....one snack for me...one snack for the puppy....one snack for me....one snack for the puppy...haha! Can't look at those eyes and say, no. :)

Devine

Star
The trophies are an interesting feature as they (somewhat) promote participation for some. However, they are also somewhat pointless because the top trophy is for like 500 likes, and that will be attained by most frequent posters within the first few months.

I personally don't think the Like System works very well for a site like this anyway because historically (from my perspective anyway) the likes mostly just promote division where one group of similar thinkers like all of their similar thinking friends' posts and the other group does the same. I believe the original intent when we put the system in place was to allow the less vocal posters a way to show their support of a post or appreciation for a post without having to quote the post and say "Totally agree!" and not much else, so it cut down on 'spammy' posts. I just don't think it has really worked that well, instead it encourages something of a popularity contest.

That's just my two cents though.
i hate the likes! zuckerburgs invention

Devine

Star
The amount of ads on this site is almost overwhelming. Do those of you with adblocks see any? Or is it taking care of all of them? The ones that pop up at the bottom of the screen are particularly annoying. I'm also tired of being told of a bunch of disgusting looking ways to cure diabetes, which hopefully I don't have, unless the ads know something I don't.
nope no ads for me

Devine

Star
Not so much a random thought but I feel like shit today I had a massive massive headache last night which I was terrfied was gonna kill me, if I had access to a gun Id have possibly killed myself just to stop the pain :( sorry for that depressing thought but meh I wish I could feel normal
thats too bad :( do you suffer migraines