Personality Tests

@DesertRose more than likely you dont care for my opinion, but check this

these personality types, are aspects of the 4 seasons, 4 humours, 4 tempraments that are used in the tarot system and relate to astrology...our birth chart
that system, is a historical human creation system where we collectively, subjectively built a kind of artificial consciousness of ideas by observing the stars...
and then humans experienced that artificial reality though altered states of consciousness..so for example, the 'dog star' sirius when meditated on..brought out dog like creatures....

over time more has been added to this collective artificial, subjective consciousness thing..
and the reason we posess those tempraments and personalities is because humans go through malakut where this 'web' of artificial consciousness exists and influences the personality of every newborn along with other factors.

the reason islam is largely against astrology is because it is a system that binds us to it..we're born into it..like a karmic system
you have the system of faith/dua...you have the law of attraction/new age system and that also has its own rules and works

a nice ..rare...muslim guy once said astrology does actually work and tells a lot about us, but it also limits us and iman has no limits on what it can achieve for us, so abandon astrology and overcome its limitations through iman (in the context, he was talking about how muslims are increasingly trying to find matching marraige partners through astrology).

i just find it amusing you are more than likely anti astrology and yet using something built on astrological ideas.

DesertRose

Superstar
I am anti-astrology but fail to see the connection between mbti and astrology.
As it is used now it is a list of personal traits and preferences that you select and identify with.

for example:
1. Do you like your room to be primarily:
(a) a private sanctuary
(b) an organised work area
(c) a place to entertain friends

This is not the same as the mess that people follow based on an arbitrary birthdate.
In fact, I shared this personality quiz with a shaykh who studied fiqh and who would usually call out such things. He took the quiz. Lighten up. Deeds are by intentions.

Last edited:
I am anti astrology but fail to see the connection between mbti which as it is used atm is a list of personality traits that you personally select and identify with.
This is not the same as the mess that people follow based on an arbitrary birthdate.
In fact, I shared this personality quiz with a shaykh who studied fiqh and who is usually quick to call out such things. He took the quiz. Lighten up. Deeds are by intentions.
that's because our natural personality traits are matched to the astrological systems and also to our heart coherence eg we're hard wired into a certain type of traits.
For example, logic vs emotion, left brain right brain, passive and active..yin and yang..jalali and jamali. look at this question

You value justice higher than mercy
Justice is from Allah's Jalali names and Mercy is from His Jamali names...His Trancendence and Immanence.

This is the horizontal duality and then there's vertical higher and lower. it corresponds to our heart coherence too.
eg higher or lower energy...it asks questions on whether we like to get things done fast or slow eg fast heart rate or slow heart rate..and likewise horizontally, introverted or extroverted ie passive or active.
what you tend to choose, will correspond to your astrological chart too.
why are there 16 types? because 4 seasons, 4^2=16....and the 2 is because of the jalali and jamali/yin yang aspects.

ive checked my own moon sign, my sisters moon sign etc. it's the most accurate one there is. if you read about moon sign aquarius that describes me very accurately. many of the others arent so accurate. the reason behind this discrepancy is because it is afterall a subjective system that's reinforced by collective belief, with different interpretations and us living in a muddled time. the earths position in alignement with the planets/stars has shifted over time so measuring a birth chart is not entirely accurate. it furthermore depends on other systems we're subject to before during physical birth and our historical culture..eg im desi, so there's also vedic astrology in our makeup which is a different system, aswell as our life experiences which can shift it. it isnt just about what we're born into but things that happen in life.
hadith says the souls already were categorised with their own types (dominant energies) before being born. where that took place was in malakut..our metaphysical descent.
actually just found this
https://yaqeeninstitute.org/zohair/souls-assorted-an-islamic-theory-of-spiritual-personality/#.XbwMopr7RPY
they're quoting ibn tahmiyya so you dont need to worry about bidah and shirk on this one

i'm not judging you, never have done tbh, im just amused.
the 4 temperaments system has been part of the sufi unani medicine system for a long time, it took over the greek system before it.

DesertRose

Superstar
that's because our natural personality traits are matched to the astrological systems and also to our heart coherence eg we're hard wired into a certain type of traits.
For example, logic vs emotion, left brain right brain, passive and active..yin and yang..jalali and jamali. look at this question
If they have actually penned these traits from astrology that is something to eschew.

Please note, that we have posted other personality quizzes on here that have nothing to do with astrology.
The article you posted is quite interesting and I will be taking a closer look at it.
A model of spiritual personality types sounds like something that would be interesting to study:

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Did the Disc test:D
DISC Personality Model
To help you understand the DISC model of personality here are definitions of the four factors measured.

DominanceDescribes the way you deal with problems, assert yourself and control situations.
InfluenceDescribes the way you deal with people, the way you communicate and relate to others.
SteadinessDescribes your temperament - patience, persistence, and thoughtfulness
ComplianceDescribes how you approach and organize your activity, procedures and responsibilities.
S (Steadiness)type:

You enjoy interacting with and helping people. You are open to new ideas and procedures. Although you are calm and controlled you still project enthusiasm and optimism.
You are natural supportive, listening and empathetic behavior makes you a good coach. (coach huh:oops:naah)

Last edited:

yoongiyoongi

Established
We'd be good friends probably. INFJ and have a lot of INFP and ENFP friends. ISFJs are pretty cool, too. :)
nice to meet you :,) and aaa they're all wonderful personality types ,but I was a bit surprised that I got infp other personality tests ( just two though but I took it a couple of times just to be sure) I've taken gave me infj so I'm confused

DesertRose

Superstar
Hey @Dalit I checked his FB page and his lengthy response to a hater is very relatable:
"
I get comments like this from toxic people ... EVERY. DAY. They are few and far between, but it really does illustrate how angry people are willing to be at EVERYONE IN THE WORLD while not taking the simple step of opening their mind and learning something. Mouth closed, mind open, humility, and a willingness to learn.

Today's lesson? Learn. Be positive. Tell someone you appreciate them. Basically, don't be ( DR: deleted her name).

Thank you for reading this, I appreciate all of you!"
:)

DesertRose

Superstar
re-post:

Reds Love Power
Those with the red color like power. This personality is given to a person that is very assertive and will be the leader of the group. Through their discipline and management skills, they are often very successful. However, this also leads right into their negative aspects. Reds need to be right and are often far too critical of others. This does not mean that they are inherently mean, but they simply cannot ignore what they are thinking. They are controllers and like to be right and dominate.

Blues Want Goodness
Blues are the people that we like to surround ourselves with. The blue personality is those that rely on relationships and will do anything for a friend. Personal gains are truly not important to this personality and they are often deemed as perfectionists. This color worries, loves immensely and strives for the cultural roots of their heritage. However, for all the good they do, this group is insecure and oftentimes controlling. They do not trust others easily and never forget.

Yellow Brings the Fun
The fun, happy people in life are perceived as the color yellow. These individuals are always positive and ready for what life brings them. A spontaneous nature ensures that yellows are able to take full advantage of life and meet new friends. This is also ideal for yellows because they develop friends with ease, but are often too preoccupied with themselves to hold lasting friendships or relationships.

White is Peaceful
The color white always brings peace to a person’s mind and this is the same for this personality. Whites are patient and kind. These are the friends that every person desires. They are thoughtful, considerate and are not judgmental. They will listen for hours and not want anything in return but to be a good friend. These individuals will fall victim to their own internal struggles as they like to stay quiet. They do not want to work for someone else and are often not happy with their accomplishments.

Last edited:

yoongiyoongi

Established
re-post:

Reds Love Power
Those with the red color like power. This personality is given to a person that is very assertive and will be the leader of the group. Through their discipline and management skills, they are often very successful. However, this also leads right into their negative aspects. Reds need to be right and are often far too critical of others. This does not mean that they are inherently mean, but they simply cannot ignore what they are thinking. They are controllers and like to be right and dominate.

Blues Want Goodness
Blues are the people that we like to surround ourselves with. The blue personality is those that rely on relationships and will do anything for a friend. Personal gains are truly not important to this personality and they are often deemed as perfectionists. This color worries, loves immensely and strives for the cultural roots of their heritage. However, for all the good they do, this group is insecure and oftentimes controlling. They do not trust others easily and never forget.

Yellow Brings the Fun
The fun, happy people in life are perceived as the color yellow. These individuals are always positive and ready for what life brings them. A spontaneous nature ensures that yellows are able to take full advantage of life and meet new friends. This is also ideal for yellows because they develop friends with ease, but are often too preoccupied with themselves to hold lasting friendships or relationships.

White is Peaceful
The color white always brings peace to a person’s mind and this is the same for this personality. Whites are patient and kind. These are the friends that every person desires. They are thoughtful, considerate and are not judgmental. They will listen for hours and not want anything in return but to be a good friend. These individuals will fall victim to their own internal struggles as they like to stay quiet. They do not want to work for someone else and are often not happy with their accomplishments.
YAY !! I GOT YELLOW ITS MY FAVORITE COLOR TOO !!

Dalit

Star
Blue here.

Motive [ Intimacy ]

Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

ABOUT BLUE

Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

1586649695340.png
(Maybe we're like two pit bulls. You put either with another dog and that dog is toast, but together they're couch buds.)

Dalit

Star
Even though I've had a personal conviction about Myers-Briggs, that I don't need to pigeonhole myself with it and I really can't, there's a whole lot more to a person and people grow and change, I'm enjoying listening to this.

Plus, around the 1st hour, there's a cool Irishman talking. :cool: Or is it Scottish? It's hot, whatever accent it is.

1587396168623.png

I can relate to needing some unwinding time and liking people I can be "alone together" with. If I feel the need to entertain someone or be "on" all the time, that's so freaking exhausting.