Palestinian Resistance Launch Major Attack on Israel: What Happened? – LIVE BLOG

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
You prove my point. Daze did not claim that he supported the killing of civilians. And since you acknowledge that military targets were legit it would follow you support that part of the Oct 7 attacks?.

What about civilians that are living on stolen land. Are they exempt as military targets? I ask because i came across this,

In your opinion Is the above quote true to Islamic rules of war?

The VC article was poor and it never exposed anything in any detail.....Period

EDIT: Can you show me where the Hamas leadership were being defended?
Right after you posted your comments to me, Daze posted his unequivocal support for the Oct. 7 campaign. Do you see how deficient/dyslexic your defense is here?
"We know this campaign violates Islamic rules of engagement. We know its illegitimate by Muslims own standards. We know they have incurred many violations of these warfare ethics resulting in war crimes, under both UN and Islamic mandates. But we support this... wait, we sort of support it.... I mean, we fully support it unless the faultiness/legitimacy/war crimes are called out... then we still support it, but not the war crimes."
This is what it looks like when we can observe peoples morals and honesty become compromised in real-time.

"And since you acknowledge that military targets were legit it would follow you support that part of the Oct 7 attacks?."
No I dont support part of it. It was incumbent on Hamas to iron out the non-combatant, environmental and other issues before they launched their attack... you dont get to break some of the most serious laws in Islam and then claim to be legit because you did some of what is required. And I accept that nobody, including the most professional military units of the world, bat 1000%... but Hamas erased their own legitimacy when they stepped over the boundaries of what is permissible in warfare, and the Palestinians in general with their support of it... so if the Creator has stated these kinds of actions wont be accepted, what grounds would I have to stand on in refutation of those mandates?

"What about civilians that are living on stolen land. Are they exempt as military targets?"
It depends, if they are raising arms to steal the land or if they occupy as a direct result of Israeli military action then the adults would be legitimate targets according to my understanding, at least the male adults. As for if they just wandered into homes abandoned from the cleansing and were willing to leave without a violent struggle and return the property top its rightful owners, Im not sure but I doubt they could be considered legitimate targets or combatants. But I dont know an exact answer for that question.

"The VC article was poor and it never exposed anything in any detail.....Period"
So prior to reading that article, you knew the actual Hamas shot-callers are billionaires who live outside of Palestine, some of them not even living within the Middle East region itself?

As for your quote... where did you find that justification for attacking unarmed civilians? Because it sounds like its a mirror copy of the IDF/Mossad playbook that everyone is outraged about. Just as the Jews are taking on the traits of their former oppressors (Nazis), Muslims are now apparently taking on the traits of their oppressors (Israel) in order to justify their race to the bottom of the morality barrel.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yup. The 3 people who continue posting in this thread have posted full support for Hamas’ atrocities on Oct 7, because “Oppression!” Sad.
Every time "Muslims" try shourtcuts to victory, especially moral shortcuts... it comes back to haunt them. But they never seem to learn the lesson, just blame others and continue claiming that God is on their side, no matter what.

Karlysymon

Superstar
IDF seeking to force UNRWA dissolution in Gaza, to be replaced by alternative-Times of Israel

At the same time, the IDF has deployed a campaign seeking to discredit the agency in a bid to weaken its status in the Gaza Strip and potentially cause it to disband.

As part of the campaign, defense officials presented evidence in January that at least 14 UNRWA staff members participated in the October 7 massacre in southen Israel, in which some 1,200 people were slaughtered and 253 others were seized as hostages. The IDF has also accused UNRWA of employing some 450 terror operatives in Gaza, mostly Hamas members, although some have been accused of having ties to Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

Stucky

Star
IDF seeking to force UNRWA dissolution in Gaza, to be replaced by alternative-Times of Israel

At the same time, the IDF has deployed a campaign seeking to discredit the agency in a bid to weaken its status in the Gaza Strip and potentially cause it to disband.

As part of the campaign, defense officials presented evidence in January that at least 14 UNRWA staff members participated in the October 7 massacre in southen Israel, in which some 1,200 people were slaughtered and 253 others were seized as hostages. The IDF has also accused UNRWA of employing some 450 terror operatives in Gaza, mostly Hamas members, although some have been accused of having ties to Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
UNRWA have a report that the Israelis tortured workers to get "evidence of UNRWA-Hamas Collusion". The report was finished on 24th Feb but hasn't been made public yet.

On a brighter note. A lot of countries who suspended funding have started up their donations again.

Stucky

Star
Right after you posted your comments to me, Daze posted his unequivocal support for the Oct. 7 campaign. Do you see how deficient/dyslexic your defense is here?
This is going nowhere. If you can't accept what everyone else can see about what Daze said then there's little to no point in continuing along that line.

It was incumbent on Hamas to iron out the non-combatant, environmental and other issues before they launched their attack.
You do know that the rave that was taking place was not supposed to be there on Oct 7. It was supposed to finish the day before but miraculously got permission to keep going for an extra day.

or if they occupy as a direct result of Israeli military action then the adults would be legitimate targets according to my understanding, at least the male adults.
Interesting since all of Palestine was stolen at gun point. So according to "your understanding" that would mean that at least all male adults would be legitimate targets. That kinda kills off your whole defence.

But then you ask,

As for your quote... where did you find that justification for attacking unarmed civilians?
The "justification"

Here's the quote again,

In a situation of invasion or occupation, all those associated with the effort, even if not carrying arms, are considered legitimate targets and all Muslim civilians are under obligation to fight to defend the homeland.
You have just opinionated that it is justified.

or if they occupy as a direct result of Israeli military action then the adults would be legitimate targets according to my understanding, at least the male adults.

So prior to reading that article, you knew the actual Hamas shot-callers are billionaires who live outside of Palestine, some of them not even living within the Middle East region itself?
Really? So you think what, that we're all ignorant dumbasses who needed VC to tell us about the Hamas leadership.

It would appear though it was news to you.

Are we done now!?!

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
On 8 February, Haaretz brought to light a harrowing revelation: 116 separate files detailing instances of sexual assault and domestic violence against women and minors among Israelis 'displaced' from their illegal settlements due to the ongoing military conflicts with Gaza and Lebanon.

link to the cradle

Haich

Superstar
I’ll be posting sporadically due to Ramadan. Will be following along as usual though…

Excerpt:

Since James McGoldrick’s appointment in December as the United Nations’ Humanitarian Coordinator for Palestine, he has been going to Gaza on a near-weekly basis to assess the needs of the population, and to help coördinate aid deliveries.

Worth a read to get a sense of the extent of the lack of water and access to basic nutrition. People who have access to basic food are reliant on canned food and bread (although this is still scarce given the entire population is now affected by hunger or famine).

McGoldrick is hesitant to critique Israel’s decisions to withhold aid or make the deliveries harder. However, his eye witness accounts of how people are suffering is worth noting.

Haich

Superstar
I thought I’d post this great discussion here as it’s a response to those who maybe don’t feel directly affected or impacted by what’s happening in Palestine. Sure, not everyone is Palestinian and there is, in my community anyway, a bit of a narrative that is perpetuated where Arabs have disdain for Africans/Black people. So some African people are a bit indifferent to what’s going on as a result of this…

Well here, Lowkey breaks down how Israel has also affected and infiltrated Africa and we should all as a collective be concerned with their actions as Palestine is just the start…or as he describes ‘one big test dummy’ for atrocities and actions that can be mimicked elsewhere on the globe…

Run time: 1hr 6mins

To add to this, a very well written thread on Dan Gertler - The Israeli Who Robbed The Congo. Topics mentioned:

Congo ⁃ Mossad ⁃ Israeli Settlements ⁃ Palestine ⁃ Alan Dershowitz ⁃ Tesla ⁃ Bush Administration ⁃ Trump Administration ⁃ Biden Administration ⁃ Glencore ⁃ FBI