Nicotine addiction.

clambot

Veteran
I smoked and drank heavily for over fifty years. By the time I quit (a few years ago) I was spending $400 to $800 per month on beers, cigs, and weed.

My habits were tempered somewhat by a profession that took me to venues where I could not engage in those vices for sometimes weeks at a time. Only a few cigs a day at those times.

But when I finally quit it all cold turkey, it was no big deal for me. I had cravings sometimes, but no more.

Good luck.

Simka

Established
Is there anyone who switched to vaping and was able to quit smoking?

MonBra

Rookie
I looked through the PuffCo reviews and switched to vaping. This is the only achievement for now :) But the con is that I can't smoke cigarettes anymore. I even can't stand the smell.

Last edited:

Daze

Superstar
Is there anyone who switched to vaping and was able to quit smoking?
The problem with vaping is it contains nicotine. As long as you keep letting the drug into your system, you're going to be forever addicted. It's like the drugs at the pharmacy, like Nicotine. You'll never be able to quit on them because they constantly reintroduce nicotine into your system.

It's very hard to quit. I smoked for 16 years, was up to 2 packs a day easy. I was the guy who lit a cigarette with the one that was about to go out. I must have tried to quit 100 times during the last 5 years or so.

The best solution is going cold turkey. Like Clam said above. It doesn't take long before you don't think about smoking at all.

Nicotine has a shelf life of 72 hours. This is how long it takes for your body to cleanse itself of it. This is all you have to endure before your brain begins to rewire itself. After 24 hours, your reserves are cut in half. Another 24 hours and it halves again. After this 72hr period, it starts to get easier.

You just have to avoid triggers. Like if you smoke every time you finish a meal at the dinner table, then eat somewhere else. If you smoke when you drink, avoid the drink. Mix it up.

Triggers will create a strong desire, but they are quickly fleeting, and you can minimize them by changing up your habits. Eventually, your brain will rewire itself and the triggers completely disappear. In 2 weeks it is much easier. In 2 months, you will almost never think about smoking. In 6 months, you'll be enjoying all that extra money in your pocket that would have gone to smoking.

I quit on Sep 3rd, 2013. Never looked back.

There are things you can do to make the 72 hours pass faster. Like drinking something with vitamin C will ease withdraws. Keeping your hands busy to pass the time. Make things with Legos, puzzles, whatever you're into. Get some suckers and chewing gum to keep your mouth busy.

You just need to last 3 days, that is all. Withdraws being to recede after this point.

In the end, knowledge is power, and this is the website that enabled me to take the monkey off my back and choke him to death.

Good luck with your journey.

L3M4

Star
I’ll check it out. Thanks.
i accidentally detox during pandemic
thanks god
just stopped craving and i was wondering why! turns out the fresh lavender with ginger night tea i was taking for better sleep was also doing detox without me even knowing! then learned lavender helps for such stuff
but there is some other powerful plant that literally cures addiction of any type ill do a research on that later and come back here to share

free2018

Star
i accidentally detox during pandemic
thanks god
just stopped craving and i was wondering why! turns out the fresh lavender with ginger night tea i was taking for better sleep was also doing detox without me even knowing! then learned lavender helps for such stuff
but there is some other powerful plant that literally cures addiction of any type ill do a research on that later and come back here to share
Thanks. Let me know. I’m going to get gum soon.

L3M4

Star
´Toxic heavy metals in the brain´

This is presumably one of the reasons for the chemtrailing (which is said to contain heavy metals).
awful that means continuous detox for almost everybody
also that IBOGAINE plant seems impossible to get

Get general snus to stop smoking. Snus is just steamed tocabbo leaves that you can put by the gum, people have used it for 400 years in Sweden and there no known health consequences. Any kind of smokeless nicotine is thousands of times healthier than smoking