70s/80s New Wave music symbolism

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
This photo is weird. Apparently it's his neice. Found on Reddit.
View attachment 96088
Maybe it was to promote 'Psychokiller.'

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
(Who did it? Who did it?)
Fa-fa-fa-fa, fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa
better
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away
oh-oh-oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
better
oh, oh, oh, oh
Ay-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, ooh
You start a conversation,
you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot,
but you're not saying anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa-fa-fa-fa, fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa, better
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, oh-oh-oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, oh, oh, oh, oh
Ay-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya
Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-là
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir-là
Réalisant mon espoir
Je me lance vers la gloire, okay
(What I did that night
What she said that night
Fulfilling my hope

I'm heading towards glory, okay)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Ai-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, ooh
I translated the French part in blue.

EatZeBug

Established
Maybe it was to promote 'Psychokiller.'

I can't seem to face up to the facts
I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax
I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
(Who did it? Who did it?)
better
oh-oh-oh
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
better
oh, oh, oh, oh
Ay-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, ooh
You start a conversation,
you can't even finish it
You're talking a lot,
but you're not saying anything
When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
Say something once, why say it again?
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Ay-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya
Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir-là
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir-là
Réalisant mon espoir
Je me lance vers la gloire, okay
(What I did that night
What she said that night
Fulfilling my hope

I'm heading towards glory, okay)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
We are vain and we are blind
I hate people when they're not polite
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Ai-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, ooh
I translated the French part in blue.
The question is, who is 'she'?

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
The question is, who is 'she'?
Idk... maybe the succubus promising fame and fortune to him. Or the victim. Hard to say.

I should also mention that User @BeemBow has previously posted here about Talking Heads and Blondie and their connection to Voodoo.

View attachment 88363
I would like to investigate why they are so obsessed with voodoo... It's not just to be 'quirky and spiritual' there is surely some significance to it
Well, yeah... you're right.
As for WHY they do it-- fame and fortune is my guess. However... as a result, I contend they're also speaking on behalf of (let's say) the evil supporting their rise to fame and fortune.
When the Music's Over - The Doors
I hear a very gentle sound
With your ear
down to the
ground
We want the world and we want it
Now

But if you still need evidence of paganism in the music industry, watch live performances.

Song begins at 22:00.
Or you can go to the 23 min. mark and wait for his eyes to roll back into his head.
Fall on Me
I couldn't find the single, which I thought I had saved. Sorry for the poor quality.

Edge of 17
It starts around the 5 minute mark.
At 6 minutes, she looks like a woman trying to sing in the middle of a rollercoaster ride.
At 6:33 (seriously) she folds her hands and thanks whatever (or whomever).

That's nothing, though... have you ever watched Joe Cocker sing? I've posted Cry Me A River below-- he's singing with what is essentially a backup choir.

Anyway, Joe Cocker convulses like an epileptic (only while performing), and the keyboard player isn't too far off. The backup singers are exultant and so is the audience. And ... oh what's his name. Leon Russell, I think. He's in the Top Hat serving as conductor in charge.

Which is the point-- they're holding a church service. Not for the Presbyterians or anyone like that, of course-- but for the other side.

I could not stop listening to it for ages. It was like some sort of hypnosis ritual
SAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WAS...
Music changes us-- again, imo... I think it makes us more spiritually receptive (malleable, porous) to whatever we're hearing, singing or even chanting. Like everything else meant to glorify God, it has been appropriated by the god of the world-- soo... tread carefully.
. . .

EatZeBug

Established
Idk... maybe the succubus promising fame and fortune to him. Or the victim. Hard to say.

Well, yeah... you're right.
As for WHY they do it-- fame and fortune is my guess. However... as a result, I contend they're also speaking on behalf of (let's say) the evil supporting their rise to fame and fortune.
When the Music's Over - The Doors
I hear a very gentle sound
With your ear
down to the
ground
We want the world and we want it
Now
But if you still need evidence of paganism in the music industry, watch live performances.

Song begins at 22:00.
Or you can go to the 23 min. mark and wait for his eyes to roll back into his head.
Fall on Me
I couldn't find the single, which I thought I had saved. Sorry for the poor quality.

Edge of 17
It starts around the 5 minute mark.
At 6 minutes, she looks like a woman trying to sing in the middle of a rollercoaster ride.
At 6:33 (seriously) she folds her hands and thanks whatever (or whomever).

That's nothing, though... have you ever watched Joe Cocker sing? I've posted Cry Me A River below-- he's singing with what is essentially a backup choir.

Anyway, Joe Cocker convulses like an epileptic (only while performing), and the keyboard player isn't too far off. The backup singers are exultant and so is the audience. And ... oh what's his name. Leon Russell, I think. He's in the Top Hat serving as conductor in charge.

Which is the point-- they're holding a church service. Not for the Presbyterians or anyone like that, of course-- but for the other side.

Music changes us-- again, imo... I think it makes us more spiritually receptive (malleable, porous) to whatever we're hearing, singing or even chanting. Like everything else meant to glorify God, it has been appropriated by the god of the world-- soo... tread carefully.
. . .
Oh wow that is creepy.
1700015228568.png
There is actually a song TH performed which was DB's solo song for his friend's Catherine Wheel project dance thingy called 'Big Blue Plymouth' and it has a line "See the little girl see her eyes roll back in her head, she's got some complications but she knows it will work out fine, naked as a baby talking 'bout the feelings you get." It's in this interesting concert/documentary/compilation thing that @Stucky kindly showed me.

EatZeBug

Established
Just found this DB solo song. Holy flip.
What do you think these lyrics mean? Especially "I'm taking back the ritual." Replacing it with voodoo rituals?

I'm taking back the knowledge
I'm taking back the gentleness
I'm taking back the ritual
I'm giving in to sweetness

Come preacherman, shoot me with your poisoned arrow
But I dance on Vaseline
And I'm tripping out working on a revolution
You don't let the music in

I'm taking back the children
I'm taking back the ceremony
I'm taking back my offerings
And I'm taking back what you mean to me

You're dangerous, shoot me with your poisoned arrow
But I dance on Vaseline
And I'm slipping out I'm working on a revolution
Don't let the music in

And war is all around us
Your Gods are dead and buried underground
I was a silly putty
Your big ideas are useless to me now

My baby saw the future
She doesn't wanna live it anymore
Its lousy science-fiction
It's on your skin and seeps into your bones

I dance on Vaseline
Don't let day begin

And you're dangerous, shoot me with your poisoned arrow
But I dance on Vaseline
And I'm slipping out working on a revolution
Don't let the music in

It started in Oklahoma
You always think it happens somewhere else
This madness is attractive
Until the day it happens to yourself

And power might seem sexy
But check her in the cool grey light of dawn
A legislative body
And all at once your lust for her is gone

Don't let the day begin
We'll turn you down time to time for evolution
Don't let the music in

Don't let the day begin
We'll turn you down, make a time for evolution
Don't let the day begin !!

Apparently it's about the Catholic church SA?
Do you think he personally got SA'd by a Catholic as part of his MK Ultra or something? Remember his dad's side is Irish Catholic.That would explain a lot tbh.
I wonder if some so called 'Catholics' are hired agents by MK ultra to deliver sexual abuse and give people religious trauma so that they oppose Christianity which makes them useful for the cause of the one world government elites. Lots of 'Catholic' church leaders have close ties to WEF, UN, WHO etc.
Also...What does vaseline have to do with all of this? Ik Talking Heads had a compilation album called 'Sand in the Vaseline' too.
What's with the preoccupation with vaseline? Isn't it just a lip balm made of petroleum jelly? Is it a connection to some Catholic who owns a big oil company?
This song has been bugging my mind lately and I have so many questions.

Last edited:

BananaLaser

Veteran
Just found this DB solo song. Holy flip.
What do you think these lyrics mean? Especially "I'm taking back the ritual." Replacing it with voodoo rituals?

I'm taking back the knowledge
I'm taking back the gentleness
I'm taking back the ritual
I'm giving in to sweetness

But I dance on Vaseline
You don't let the music in

I'm taking back the children
I'm taking back the ceremony
I'm taking back my offerings
And I'm taking back what you mean to me

You're dangerous, shoot me with your poisoned arrow
But I dance on Vaseline
And I'm slipping out I'm working on a revolution
Don't let the music in

And war is all around us
Your Gods are dead and buried underground
I was a silly putty
Your big ideas are useless to me now

My baby saw the future
She doesn't wanna live it anymore
Its lousy science-fiction
It's on your skin and seeps into your bones

I dance on Vaseline
Don't let day begin

And you're dangerous, shoot me with your poisoned arrow
But I dance on Vaseline
And I'm slipping out working on a revolution
Don't let the music in

It started in Oklahoma
You always think it happens somewhere else
This madness is attractive
Until the day it happens to yourself

And power might seem sexy
But check her in the cool grey light of dawn
A legislative body
And all at once your lust for her is gone

Don't let the day begin
We'll turn you down time to time for evolution
Don't let the music in

Don't let the day begin
We'll turn you down, make a time for evolution
Don't let the day begin !!

Apparently it's about the Catholic church SA?
Do you think he personally got SA'd by a Catholic as part of his MK Ultra or something? Remember his dad's side is Irish Catholic.That would explain a lot tbh.
I wonder if some so called 'Catholics' are hired agents by MK ultra to deliver sexual abuse and give people religious trauma so that they oppose Christianity which makes them useful for the cause of the one world government elites. Lots of 'Catholic' church leaders have close ties to WEF, UN, WHO etc.
Also...What does vaseline have to do with all of this? Ik Talking Heads had a compilation album called 'Sand in the Vaseline' too.
What's with the preoccupation with vaseline? Isn't it just a lip balm made of petroleum jelly? Is it a connection to some Catholic who owns a big oil company?
This song has been bugging my mind lately and I have so many questions.
To answer your first question, he might be referring to the traditional Latin mass in the Catholic faith, and replacing it with an occult ritual instead, as a part of the new world order agenda.

EatZeBug

Established
To answer your first question, he might be referring to the traditional Latin mass in the Catholic faith, and replacing it with an occult ritual instead, as a part of the new world order agenda.
Yeah that's what I mean. He wants to replace it with voodoo. That interview with Tim Leary seemed to indicate that he views Christianity through that typical Marxian lense of an oppressor/colonizer religion and occult/pagan religions such as voodoo as an oppressed religion which must be liberated in order to accomplish utopia. American Utopia, anyone? ;P
My question is what experiences brought him to that conclusion? Was it a bad experience with the Catholic church he had personally growing up as one/MK Ultra or something he was taught at art school? Was it Brian Eno's influence?

EatZeBug

Established
Hmmm so I've been meaning to point this out for a long time, but there seems to be a strange correlation between Talking Heads and gender confusion.
So many of the TH fans I saw online were transgender or 'non-binary'. Now of course, part of what I see is just zoomers (Gen Z) discovering old music and bringing their radical woke ideology with them, but the more I dig, it becomes clearer to me that a lot of it has already been done for them.

One day when Tina visited David back in the TH days, he apparently had a corset and Nancy Sinatra boots in his closet and she found out that he had been dressing up in drag and going to events.
Then several years later, he dressed in drag for a music video.

View attachment 89100
and there is of course also the famous self interview he did to promote Stop Making Sense in which one of the characters he dressed up as was a lady twirling her hair. I was taken aback by his feminine mannerisms.
Now of course men cross-dressing for fun or comedy (Like Barry Humphries) is one thing, but he didn't just do that.
He released his 'Uh-Oh' album in 1992, which was his first album post-Talking Heads and on the album, he had a song called 'Now I'm Your Mom' and you can guess what it's about. Basically it follows the story of this father who is telling his daughter that now he's her mom and is all about transgenders and what pioneers they are, even comparing them to Columbus. (Which is ironic, I though leftists hate him for colonising or whatever)
Now look and the album art and tell me this isn't a blatant mockery of God.
View attachment 89101
Hmmmm where have we seen this sort of thing before?
Oh yes.
Inversion, a recurring theme in their art throughout the years eg. in the Road to Nowhere video and on the Remain in Light album cover as well, but this time the inversion is more blatantly... blasphemous.
This comment I found on the video sums it up well.
View attachment 89102
It's all about playing god, do as thou wilt... You see this inverse philosophy throughout transgenderism, transhumanism (Noah Yuval Harrari Homo Deus) and the weather and environmental alteration globalist elites want to do (Not talking about the thing Greta Thunberg complains about but ironically rather initiatives that are supposedly trying to counter such climate change such as Bill Gates blocking out the sun, cloud seeding etc.) and the whole surrogacy industry and 'designer babies'. It's a whole demonic slippery slope.

And let us not forget about the disgusting picture he (or rather his social media team) posted of Jesus in a dress which I posted here before. God WILL NOT BE MOCKED.
Watch out, dangerous Dave!!

I think it is even seeping into my subconscious because after I listened to a lot of Talking Heads music and becoming obsessed with it, I had this dream that I was transgendering and while I have dreamt before that I was a lesbian, I had never dreamt that I was transgendered before in my life!
I also had this creepy dream that David collaborated with a black transgender singer named 'Ellie' and I just made a comment on the video that it was not some of his best work and then not long after when I was taking a shower, there was a girl behind the door in a striped shirt and denim jacket singing Psycho Killer and so I got out and then I tried to barricade the door but then she cut through the door with a massive machete and said that she had tracked down my IP and this was payback for my 'racist and transphobic' comment and that the only way I could spare my life is to be taken to her re-education camp...
Make what you will of that.

Anyway... apparently Debbie Harry and B-52s were guests on Ru Paul's drag race too...
B-52s are another interesting band to look into... 2/3rds of the members I believe ended up becoming gay and one of them even died of aids.

Also interestingly, this reporter mentioned that Tina wanted to be a boy growing up...
Good thing she wasn't born in time for the John Money flavoured 'Post-modern Parenting Experiment™ '... Ick!

I'll leave you with a harrowing example of a Talking Heads fan having a 'nonbinary awakening' helped by Talking Heads...
This lass (I presume?) is autistic as well and there is an insidious agenda to bait autistic people into LGBT especially the T.
If you haven't seen it, there was an exposee of the Tavistock clinic giving the go-ahead for transgender treatment for chidlren, 97.5% who had untreated autism.
View attachment 89103
Us autistic people have this tendency to get obsessed with something or someone to the point of wanting to become them or like them and the article that autistic lass wrote that I linked above definitely displays this and mentions how this features in Talking Heads songs and David's own lyrics such as Seen and Not Seen, Television Man and Make Believe Mambo. Maybe David had an obsessive crush on Nancy Sinatra and wanted to become her but just dressed up in drag instead of going full transgender. Who knows...
Lyrics from Seen and Not Seen
View attachment 89106
View attachment 89105
I have had experiences of this myself ( being so obsessed with a celebrity you begin to imagine yourself as them and want to become them) and it's a surreal feeling, so it was poignant to find these lyrics highlighting such an oddly specific sort of parasocial relationship with media as well and know I have to guard my heart in that regard but thankfully I was raised with strong faith and conviction and grew up before the education system and all the other institutions accelorated this conquest tremendously. I would also never trash my brain with "Mind-expanding" psychedelic drugs... Others, not so fortunate it seems. We must pray for the truth to be known and keep speaking the truth in love.
I think the reason that the woke left/globalists want autistic people so badly is because when we DO know the truth and have a conviction, we are like a bulldozer, unfortunately the paradoxical downside is that we are also very impressionable, especially when we are feeling alienated and desperate for any sort of community, as this gal who wrote the article clearly was. The LGBT 'community' preys on that. So we need to PRAY harder!
I just had another thought about the dog album cover. Sirius is known as the 'dog star' and Freemasons basically worship that star.
I'm still confounded. If DB is not in the Freemasons because he's too Irish, then why does he flash all the symbols like there's no tomorrow? I guess they could have made an exception for him.

I just had another thought about the dog album cover. Sirius is known as the 'dog star' and Freemasons basically worship that star.
I'm still confounded. If DB is not in the Freemasons because he's too Irish, then why does he flash all the symbols like there's no tomorrow? I guess they could have made an exception for him.
Yeah, that does sound pretty sketchy, sadly I feel he's in with them even so. They definitely seem to have made an exception. It's so sad how many people are actually in this group behind the scenes.