Narcissism and Narcissistic Behaviors

e-Enoch

Superstar
Gen Patton, Montgomery and MacArthur were sometimes called narcissists but they won WW2..:)
By contrast, shy retiring timid wimps are stone cold losers..:)
It's been observed that strong leaders have distinct narcissistic tendencies...but they really tend to be more evil than average...

e-Enoch

Superstar
Considering the intimate nature of the problem, i.e., one needs to personally experience it to know how destructive it is to the human psyche...t's rather alarming to hear the many devastating testimonies of people who have experienced being victims of narcissistic individuals...
Like ReplyReport
Sadly, the citizens of the world under various governments are "victims" of their own set of narcissistic leaders... Also, "moneyed" narcissists among the global elites push their selfish evil agenda to achieve their sick, psychopathic plans such as genocide...

Vixy

Star
Did you know it is because of brain damages? The prefrontal cortrex, the right temporal lobe, insula, amygdala and hippocampus arent lighting up on PET scans. These are massive brain damages, and the same thing with psychopathy. Google it and choose pictures, you'll see. Thats why they show bizarre behaviour showing as all kinds of evil.

I have one in my family, an overt narcissist and she had alzheimers when she got older so I think they are born with damages and they get worse over time and can result in dementia, alzheimers and so on. Some go into schizophrenia aswell but schizo is because of holes within the center of the brain, we should have smaller holes but not so large. Narcissism and psychpathy are more due to the prefrotnal cortrex.

What I would like to know is why noone talks about this? Every vdeo on youtue are explaining the extreme behavious but noone seems to know about the reasons for this.

Normal brain to the left, narcissistic to the right in this picture.

This guy went around with a mobile brain scanner from prison to prison and took scans of the prisoners brans and voilá:

Research has gone from invasive treatment of electrodes surgically placed within the brain with a small dose electricity to stimulate the dead parts of the brain and have now gone to a non invasive type placed on the skull to electrically stimulate life into the dead parts. It's called TDCS Transcranial direct current stimulation and have been researched on for about three years.

It is also very very common and not at all the 4-6% science claims it is. I have had so many cluster B's in my life I finally was forced to look into it which Is why I have so much knowledge. Hope sharing this, helps someone since it seems very unknown.

Attachments

Last edited:

Flarepath

Star
Haha, so-called "celebrities" are mostly round the twist, always in and out of booze/drugs rehab, and under shrinks with "stress", or having nervous breakdowns, and getting divorced and married multiple times, what a terrible example to set, especially to kids.
I used to think most of them were fairly normal until I started looking up their biographies on Wiki, and found out the majority are cuckoo..:)

Zakat

Star
Haha, so-called "celebrities" are mostly round the twist, always in and out of booze/drugs rehab, and under shrinks with "stress", or having nervous breakdowns, and getting divorced and married multiple times, what a terrible example to set, especially to kids.
I used to think most of them were fairly normal until I started looking up their biographies on Wiki, and found out the majority are cuckoo..:)
Good insight! :)

Flarepath

Star
Nowadays it's almost "fashionable" to have some kind of mental issues, especially in this snowflake generation..:)
Worst affected are people with no spiritual depth, they're like ricketty wagons without springs, jolted by every pebble on life's road-

wagon-wreck.jpg

Narcissistic is a fancy word for selfish or self-centered these days. I’m sure there’s some out there who are actual, pathological narcs - but since so many have some level of selfishness now the amount of videos about it are insane.

I think our digital world creates bad behavior. Only extremes are recognized online, therefore only extreme behavior is rewarded - whether good or bad. And since wowing people for good skill or behavior is harder, most gravitate to the bad…

And so then you’re left with kids who grew up with these horrible online examples of behavior and images from Tik-Tok dancing in their heads, and now they have horrible frames of reference for what encompasses decent behavior.

Behaving like a decent human is always going to be harder too….not hard…but harder. Not cutting the line, being patient, saying please, thank you - all requires some level of self discipline. If you never learned to cultivate that, then you’re likely to become selfish and callous. Hence an explosion of self-absorbed, essentially sick, individuals.

And what happens when these selfish people get reprimanded or embarrassed for acting the fool? Well they simply go back online to their forum of choice where they find validation from other selfish people for behaving selfishly.

It’s self-perpetuating. The internet will always feed your every need. Because there is so much choice you’re never challenged emotionally. You never grow.

And so this man-made world called the internet births more dysfunction than anyone can even keep up with.

theartbook35

Veteran
NPD is a fascinating subject. Especially intriguing to me is the low incidence of this personality disorder in the general public according to studies compared to internet comment sections' tales of woe.

Nearly every young person on the internet is being raised by at least one narcissist. According to Reddit, anyway.
Oh my god, yes, everyone according to reddit commenters is a narcissist. It's like people don't understand that there's narcissistic behavior, and then there's the actual disorder.

Flarepath

Star
Here in Britain ask any man or woman in the street what the word "narcissist" means and they'll usually say "don't know".
Even I had to look it up in the dictionary-

narcissist.jpg

In Britain, such a person is usually described as 'self-centred'.
However, the word "cissy" (which probably comes from 'narcissist)' IS commonly used by Brits to describe a man who's slightly effeminate, wimpy and possibly gay..:)

Last edited:

Flarepath

Star
From the web, here's another condition similar to narcissism that shrinks can explain..:)

'The Right Man Syndrome'
'The "Right Men" (and also some women) are domestic household tyrants who terrorise their families but they can be found in all fields of life: in business, politics, art, culture, internet forums etc.
They are poor communicators, appalling listeners and demonstrate a profound inflexibility.
They also often carry an erroneously fixed and out-of-date view about whom a person is and there is nothing that person (whether it be their son/daughter, neighbour, colleague) can do to convince them otherwise.
The "Right Man" thinks he's right because he carries "secret knowledge".
The "Right Man" tends to believe that he knows people better than they know themselves.
Their catch-phrase is: "There is nothing wrong with me; it is everyone else that is at fault."
The "Right Man" must always have his way and is afraid of losing face above all ("How dare you talk to me this way?"): anything that might be an indication of his/her infallibility or erroneous ways is something that he can never admit.
And if things don't exactly go his way, he may try to scare people into submission by breaking into outbursts of rage'

angry-man.jpg

Flarepath

Star
Shrinks call it-

THE 'RIGHT MAN' (AND WOMAN) SYNDROME
From the net- "They are domestic household tyrants who terrorise their families but they can be found in all fields of life, in business, politics, art, religion, culture, internet forums etc.
They are poor communicators, appalling listeners, and demonstrate a profound inflexibility.
They think they're right because they believe they carry "secret knowledge".
Their catch-phrase is: "There is nothing wrong with me; it is everyone else that is at fault."
They must always have their way and are afraid of losing face ("How dare you talk to me this way?"), and anything that might be an indication of their infallibility or erroneous ways is something that they can never admit.
And if things don't exactly go their way, they may try to scare people into submission by breaking into outbursts of rage."

angry-man.jpg

What about countries that are narcissistic and exhibit psychopathic behavior such as Israel?