Meditation

yasmin

Rookie
sounds like my family! does your pops do TM? cause there's all kinds. like zen meditation, you just stare at a blank wall :)
I'm not really sure what kind of mediation he does but I'll describe it for you. He sits with like a blanket over him (to help with focus) and like repeats this phrase 'rhada soami' I think and keeps drawing his thoughts back to the third eye. I'm not sure if I described it 100% correctly but that's vaguely how he does it. He tried to teach me when I was really young but I was too impatient and active for that :p

I'm not really sure what kind of mediation he does but I'll describe it for you. He sits with like a blanket over him (to help with focus) and like repeats this phrase 'rhada soami' I think and keeps drawing his thoughts back to the third eye. I'm not sure if I described it 100% correctly but that's vaguely how he does it. He tried to teach me when I was really young but I was too impatient and active for that :p
Is he referring to this? If so, then it's important to note that God Does Not Take on human form or any form for that matter. God Protect us

Devine

Star
flanagan made his own version at about 15 years old (50s) from an older idea, so i wouldnt say its trans-humanistic. it balances your brain hemispheres. its pertinent to this thread because he claimed that using the neurophone for 2 weeks consistently will give a person the same brain patterns as someone who has meditated for 20 years.
but will you get brain tumor? :D

Devine

Star
oh cool i've never heard of it.your folks are probably both wrong go middle road ;)

polymoog

Superstar
but will you get brain tumor? :D
good question: no. i bought flanagans book. he said when he was doing a job for the US navy, he used it on dolphins. his job was to break the language code of dolphin communication. before the military terminated the program, he had built up a 200+ word vocabulary. anyway, he said the dolphins enjoyed the neurophone, FWIW. but i digress...
in the book, he said that he didnt want to state it publicly (strange, since writing it in the book IS public), but his research showed it aided telepathic abilities between two users.

it was this interview that got me started into it. see what you think.

mecca

Superstar
good question: no. i bought flanagans book. he said when he was doing a job for the US navy, he used it on dolphins. his job was to break the language code of dolphin communication. before the military terminated the program, he had built up a 200+ word vocabulary. anyway, he said the dolphins enjoyed the neurophone, FWIW. but i digress...
in the book, he said that he didnt want to state it publicly (strange, since writing it in the book IS public), but his research showed it aided telepathic abilities between two users.

it was this interview that got me started into it. see what you think.

So you use one and it helps you?

polymoog

Superstar
So you use one and it helps you?
mecca: yes and yes.

i bought mine 2 years ago, when flanagan put out his newest one. the older one was called the NF3, which worked the same, but the newest model had a fibonacci mode and another port, so you can listen to music ultrasonically. (youre going to ask, "and did you?" well, i lost the connector and never tried it... i know know...)
any way, flanagans daughter used it when her grades were low to help her focus and absorb more of what she reads. i do too, and i use it while sleeping and listening to healing frequencies (528 and 432 hz). the blue mode zonks me out if im restless in bed.

originally (and this is in his interview above), he wanted a way to learn while sleeping (he was having these recurring nightmares about not learning and aliens destroying mankind as a result). as a kid, he had read a science fiction book by hugo gernsback which mentioned that in the future, you could do just that. he set out to do so, and many years later, the author actually contacted him and thanked him for making it a reality.
theres more, but i dont want to spoil the whole interview for you. its good.

polymoog

Superstar
currently, they are about to start pre-orders for another run. ill be happy to post that info.

alternatively, you can buy an NF3 or a neo model on ebay. price could be high. i think its worth the money. im satisfied and buying another for a loved one.

rainerann

Star
mecca: yes and yes.

i bought mine 2 years ago, when flanagan put out his newest one. the older one was called the NF3, which worked the same, but the newest model had a fibonacci mode and another port, so you can listen to music ultrasonically. (youre going to ask, "and did you?" well, i lost the connector and never tried it... i know know...)
any way, flanagans daughter used it when her grades were low to help her focus and absorb more of what she reads. i do too, and i use it while sleeping and listening to healing frequencies (528 and 432 hz). the blue mode zonks me out if im restless in bed.

originally (and this is in his interview above), he wanted a way to learn while sleeping (he was having these recurring nightmares about not learning and aliens destroying mankind as a result). as a kid, he had read a science fiction book by hugo gernsback which mentioned that in the future, you could do just that. he set out to do so, and many years later, the author actually contacted him and thanked him for making it a reality.
theres more, but i dont want to spoil the whole interview for you. its good.
I was wondering if there was a connection between this and 528 frequency. I have a 528 hz tuning fork that is pretty affordable and I am surprised what a difference it does make. So what you are saying is that you use both methods simultaneously or does the neurophone produce a 528 frequency?

polymoog

Superstar
I was wondering if there was a connection between this and 528 frequency. I have a 528 hz tuning fork that is pretty affordable and I am surprised what a difference it does make. So what you are saying is that you use both methods simultaneously or does the neurophone produce a 528 frequency?
rain-rain-rain, rain rain-er ann:

i put the neurophone on and listen to the frequency. what i should be doing, ideally (had i not lost the adapter), is to play the frequency through the jack in the neurophone and listen to it ultrasonically. even those who are deaf can still hear. i didnt want to spoil part of the interview, but here it is:

flanagan, in his late teens, wanted to get a patent on the neurophone, but the patent office refused to accept that it worked. he hired a lawyer and they both flew to the patent office. the deal was, that if they could demonstrate that the device works, he would get the patent. so, they both arrived at the patent office and sat in a room. in the office was a man who had lost his hearing at age 5 after a bout with polio [or something like that]. they played some classical music while the man wore the neurophone and he started crying uncontrollably. soon, the entire patent office, flanagan, and the lawyer were weeping.
needless to say, they got the patent. it was, said flanagan, the only time in the history of the patent office that they reversed their decision.

Lurker

Star

i put the neurophone on and listen to the frequency. what i should be doing, ideally (had i not lost the adapter), is to play the frequency through the jack in the neurophone and listen to it ultrasonically. even those who are deaf can still hear. i didnt want to spoil part of the interview, but here it is:

flanagan, in his late teens, wanted to get a patent on the neurophone, but the patent office refused to accept that it worked. he hired a lawyer and they both flew to the patent office. the deal was, that if they could demonstrate that the device works, he would get the patent. so, they both arrived at the patent office and sat in a room. in the office was a man who had lost his hearing at age 5 after a bout with polio [or something like that]. they played some classical music while the man wore the neurophone and he started crying uncontrollably. soon, the entire patent office, flanagan, and the lawyer were weeping.
needless to say, they got the patent. it was, said flanagan, the only time in the history of the patent office that they reversed their decision.
I'm surprised someone at the patent office didn't steal the idea.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established

If that story is true, it's really beautiful and challenges the status quo of the system. I hope to listen to the interview soon.

polymoog

Superstar
alright, so i just got an email tonight from ken sheetz announcing the re-run of the neo neurophones. this is what i got:

Stay tuned to our newsletter for pre-order instructions on the first 500 new NEOs for 2018 delivery since 2015. Even though used NEOs have been selling for over $1,000 due to their rarity, new NEOs will be offered at $600 each with your 5-7 month pre-order.

so, if anyone is interested, ill post again when the pre-ordering is going on. the transducers will last you about a year and a half or so of heavy usage- probably longer with delicate use. expect to buy another set at his site on phisciences or on ebay-- theres a guy making his own for about half the price.
i bought that type from ebay, but the contacts from the jack to the wire disconnected yesterday. i cant say it was his fault-- ive been wearing it to bed and its taken an abnormal amount of abuse.

Maes17

Superstar
I just sleep the stress away or try to go for a weekend break in a local rural town outside my city. It's important to stress release but it really depends on what calms the individual

I know a guy who rock climbs and bunker jumps to 'de stress' so it really depends on your preferences
I slept a ton today. My dad watched my son today so I could get some quiet time. House was really quiet without the wife and kiddo around, but cleaning the house was real calming. Whatever it was, I was tuned out from stress today

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
Thought this exercise was from Vernon Howard, but I'm unable to find it.
Just to take 10-15 min. or more if you wish, and truly live in your body.
For example, with washing the dishes - from start to finish, feel and sense everything that is happening. Feel the tap as you are turning it; listen to the water run; feel the dishrag and dishes as you are washing them; listen, see, feel, and sense everything.
The purpose should be clear - a reminder of how much we miss out on life, rushing to get to the next moment.

polymoog

Superstar
a follow up on this thread, as promised. this is what i got in my inbox a few days ago:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Dear NEO + Wait List Member:

We are thrilled to report the Flanagans have officially at long last approved the relaunch of the NEO Neurophone to honor Dr. Patrick's 73rd birthday! On 10/11/17 at 11:11 AM PST we will email you the link for you to pre-order your NEO for early 2018 delivery. Be near a computer and ready to plunk down your pre-order.

With minor tweaks, the 2018 NEO is exactly the same as the 5,000 NEOs sold in 2014-2015; offering you superb solid sate ultrasonic soothing for meditation, IQ boosting, sleep enhancement, a new way to listen to music and faster learning. All with delightful three modes of operation plus a rechargeable battery.

To refresh you memory on what makes NEO a "must have" for your wellness see Pat's free video on the NEO's exciting features!

WHAT NEO 2018 MUST COST

The final cost analysis with the NEO makers, much as we'd have loved to offer a $600 or lower price tag, determined the 2018 NEO must retail for $800 to be financially viable. To ease any sticker shock, we will offer a 10% discount for all pre-orders of the first 500 NEOs.

To get NEO rolling all we need is a minimum of 500 pre-orders to make the NEO happen for an early 2018 delivery. This is not to say 500 is any longer the limit on what we'll offer but you must order by 11/11/17 to be included in this first 500 + batch of NEOs.

Since the NEO + Wait List is 5 times the minimum order needed we expect no problems reaching the minimum order requirements with the factory. But if for some unforeseen reason we fail to get the needed pre-orders by November 11, 2011 you will be refunded your $800 plus shipping PayPal preorder in full on November 12th.

Thanks for all your patience on the long 2 year wait to resume NEO. You will love your new NEO. We'll start share some testimonials in the new video we are making for Pat's birthday.

Yours for more NEOs,
Ken Sheetz
NeoNeurophone.com

p.s. Patrick's exquisite Sensor V medallion is yours at 22% off plus the FREE of a copy of Pat's best seller PYRAMID POWER, $14.95 bonus value, if you order during the Equinox energies. Use coupon code: equinox. You will not see mention of the book offer as that's a secret deal for email members only!

p.p.s Some of you will undoubtedly be disappointed NEO 2018 model is twice the cost of the 2014 Indiegogo NEO. We hear you in advance. Please understand, Patrick ran NEO on Indiegogo in 2014 as a loss leader at ten times the order volume. In time as demand increases the mass production should bring NEO down in cost.

But getting a new NEO now is a smart buy. After all on EBay used NEOs have sold at over $1000 as you can see at this link. So this is a smart buy even at $800. And if we hit our thresholds, as expected, we will add half down payment plan in the final week of this batch of NEOs.

Take heart those on a budget, the doctor still holds his longtime goal of a "$99" (or thereabouts) Neurophone. This would likely be a phone app that powers a Neurophone headset. We are hoping to convince the doctor to launch a crowd funder for this in 2018 with a 2019/2020 delivery. Stay tuned.

polymoog

Superstar
a VERY LATE follow up on the neo-neurophone:

ken sheetz (running the campaign) said that although there was plenty of demand for the new NEO, flanagan cancelled it because he wasnt happy with the quality. (?). all the monies were returned to everyone. the last email i received was about a month ago. sheetz said that flanagan is in ill health and presently there is nothing happening with the NEO.

there ARE, however, other manufacturers making similar devices using bone-conduction technology that have sprung up with the demand.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
My dad is a big proponent of transcendental meditation, in the vein of the Maharishi Mahesh, which he learned in the 70's during his hippie phase. He tried to teach it to me, and I tried to learn, but either he wasn't much of a teacher or I wasn't much of a student, as it never really did anything for me.
The technique involved first being assigned a 'word' or 'mantra'. There are apparently a selection of these words that are doled out to people- sort of star-sign like- depending on your age/birthday. You're supposed to keep this word private/secret, but as the whole thing was a bust for me, I'll come right out and tell you mine was 'Aness'.

Sitting quietly, one isn't supposed to so much 'focus' on this word, as allow this word to gradually erode any focus you have. Have this or that thought in your head? Don't try to ignore it or drown it out, just 'Aness' softly in your own internal voice until that thought/concern, and all other thoughts/concerns fall out of prominence.

You're then supposed to achieve the 'meditative state', a sort of light, self-induced trance that's spoken of as being highly rejuvenative, as though squeezing a three hour nap into a twenty minute resting period.

My dad still meditates to this day, but much older man that he is, I most of the time catch him snoring while he's at it.