Meditation

yasmin

Rookie
My father is a very spiritual man, he mediates very often and has had experiences with astral projection etc. He believes that meditation raises your consciousness and is good for the soul. My mother, on the other hand, never mediates as she is a strong believer in Christianity and prays instead. They have two very different views on the topic but I'm interested in what everyone on here thinks of it so

what are your opinions on meditation? Have you had any experiences bc of it? Does it conflict with your beliefs?

I absolutely love meditation. If i could do it 24/7, i would, God Willing of course. Now how do i meditate?

Most often, i would picture Earth, at least, in my mind's eye, and picture how small and insignificant i am and how God Is Truly Almighty.

Also, i do this while being aware that God Is Watching me and everything else Constantly and Is The One Blessing me with such insight.

Aero

Superstar
Stress is devastating on the human body. So whether you are meditating or praying, if you are relaxing your mind and body it's a good thing. As far as levels of consciousness I guess it depends on what you believe. Some people here will tell you astral projection will open you up to demons. But I don't believe that. Plus if you are astral projecting, why would you fear demons?

To meditate I completely shut out the physical part of the world. But I do it specifically to astral project. The benefits to my body and mind are just bonuses. But it's not as simple as it sounds. There's a lot of ritual to it, but I wont go into right now.

Haich

Superstar
I just sleep the stress away or try to go for a weekend break in a local rural town outside my city. It's important to stress release but it really depends on what calms the individual

I know a guy who rock climbs and bunker jumps to 'de stress' so it really depends on your preferences

Aero

Superstar
You never go into it!

Give us an idea of how you astral project and how it calms you
I just put myself into a specific "mode". I use a lot of music to either become hyper, or more relaxed. I'll smoke some weed and not eat much and end up real hungry. The more hungry I am the better. I don't want to say it's like being half dead, but it kind of is. Early in the morning is also a good time to astral project because you were just unconscious.

State of mind is the most important thing. Once you know what's possible and can do this it becomes routine. I figured it all out on accident just because of my lifestyle. You can stay in this imperfect physical world, or you can leave and go to the perfect astral plane. It's really up to you

TMT

Star
Meditation keeps me sane and focused, I need to be more disciplined with it, and those who say it opens you up for "demons" are just afraid of facing themselves, which meditation can force you to do.

Aero

Superstar
Yes there is a lot of fear and skepticism about this type of stuff. And that's cool, but a lot of people could really find it all useful. I've figured out everything about astral projection. And there is nothing to fear, like at all. It took me a long time too, like 3 straight years of practice.

Like I said before the Astral plane is a perfect place. If you can project yourself into that realm, than that's called skills. Because you can really turn this world upside down. And it's been done before many times. All I'm trying to say is, open your third eye.

Devine

Star
My father is a very spiritual man, he mediates very often and has had experiences with astral projection etc. He believes that meditation raises your consciousness and is good for the soul. My mother, on the other hand, never mediates as she is a strong believer in Christianity and prays instead. They have two very different views on the topic but I'm interested in what everyone on here thinks of it so

what are your opinions on meditation? Have you had any experiences bc of it? Does it conflict with your beliefs?
sounds like my family! does your pops do TM? cause there's all kinds. like zen meditation, you just stare at a blank wall :)

polymoog

Superstar

did a 10 day vipassana (silent mediation) in india. its not for everyone, and its not for people with a weak mind-- there was a canadian who simply flipped his lid and had to be removed by ambulance. for me, it was amazing. if you go to the website, you can find a location near you. its completely free, but if you enjoyed it, its nice to give a donation. http://www.dhamma.org/en/about/vipassana

i am not mentally restricted with religious doctrine nor do i have invisible men in the sky watching me, so i had no worries.

lastly, you might want to look into buying a NEO-neurophone. dr flanagan is about to release another run of 500. theyre quite costly, but they absolutely work (this is my opinion and many others` opinions).

go on youtube and look for patrick flanagan and find out more about him, and then look at the NEO-neurophone reviews.

i am not mentally restricted with religious doctrine nor do i have invisible men in the sky watching me, so i had no worries.
Nobody's restricted with religious doctrine. That's only your assumption that they are so. And about invisible men in the sky watching you:

There's Only One God and He Does Not Resemble any human being or anything else in any way and He Is Always Keeping you existing.

Devine

Star
did a 10 day vipassana (silent mediation) in india. its not for everyone, and its not for people with a weak mind-- there was a canadian who simply flipped his lid and had to be removed by ambulance. for me, it was amazing. if you go to the website, you can find a location near you. its completely free, but if you enjoyed it, its nice to give a donation. http://www.dhamma.org/en/about/vipassana

lastly, you might want to look into buying a NEO-neurophone. dr flanagan is about to release another run of 500. theyre quite costly, but they absolutely work (this is my opinion and many others` opinions).

go on youtube and look for patrick flanagan and find out more about him, and then look at the NEO-neurophone reviews.
wow the neurophone it looks a little trans- human ish ?

polymoog

Superstar
wow the neurophone it looks a little trans- human ish ?
flanagan made his own version at about 15 years old (50s) from an older idea, so i wouldnt say its trans-humanistic. it balances your brain hemispheres. its pertinent to this thread because he claimed that using the neurophone for 2 weeks consistently will give a person the same brain patterns as someone who has meditated for 20 years.