Mark Ronson - Nothing Breaks Like a Heart (Official Video) ft. Miley Cyrus

Helioform

Star
You have the nerve to bring up irony? It was edited because yall capped on the post instead of contributing something relevant or just leaving it alone.
You miss the point I was making to Awoken2, he made it seem like he was just voicing disgust at the video at first, while he posted a detailed timeline of it...which to me seemed like overkill and not necessary. When I am disgusted by something I usually don't delve into it much...because it is disgusting.

Awoken2

Superstar
That thread is already too saturated...nobody would listen exactly.

I guess I was tired of seeing that BTS thread and all the others like them. I wish there was a way to ignore threads and not just posters.
Hey I'm tired of seeing endless posts about who's God is best or the ridiculous left right political shite so I just don't post in them. It's that easy really.

Awoken2

Superstar
I don't know why you guys are getting personally offended by other people expressing their opinions. I have said a few times now that I see the value in music video analysis and discussion about celebrities... but only to a point, and I simply suggested other ways of looking at things that could possibly be more productive since we may have already exhausted the celebrity topic. I only suggested a different frame of analysis. That doesn't mean that I think there is "nothing wrong" with the music video itself or that it is acceptable for children to watch it... I just think that spending time watching and discussing the video is less productive and could even possibly be feeding into the negativity that the video spreads. I actually said that many of the problems addressed through music video analysis are valid issues that need to be resolved... but I think that continuing to analyze the same sort of things isn't very conducive to actually solving those issues.

I don't know why that's an offensive stance. Instead of taking it as constructive criticism or just a differing outlook, you act like you are being personally attacked. My intention is never to attack anyone, I just want to facilitate discussion and introspection... and if I see someone saying something I disagree with, sometimes I want to respectfully provide my own perspective in contrast to theirs and we can maturely and respectfully talk about our differing stances on a subject. I can understand if you think that could begin to go a little off topic... but I'm not preventing, restricting, or discouraging anyone else from providing their own perspective or disagreeing with me if they want. I am open to respectful discussion.
With all due respect you purport to be 19 years old. If that's the case then irrespective of your academic achievements you still lack one thing, life experience.

I'm 50 next month, take it from me, society is being dragged down, kids are being debased and lower standards of decency are becoming the norm.

It's all being manipulated through media and entertainment in front of our eyes.

If it doesn't bother you now believe me when I say it will bother you one day....probably when it's too late.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
With all due respect you purport to be 19 years old. If that's the case then irrespective of your academic achievements you still lack one thing, life experience.

I'm 50 next month, take it from me, society is being dragged down, kids are being debased and lower standards of decency are becoming the norm.

It's all being manipulated through media and entertainment in front of our eyes.

If it doesn't bother you now believe me when I say it will bother you one day....probably when it's too late.
Agreed. And I also think that mrc offers an extreme case-study. She not only kicked open the door for the assault on the VERY young directly, there are some strong.... coincidences..... to suggest that she also kicked open the door for Kei$ha and the other ultra-degenerates that are now on the loose (Eilish, Halsey and etc.)

mecca

Superstar

So you're making it about my age instead of addressing what I actually said. (That's a cop out.) I never said it didn't bother me but I guess you're not listening to what I'm saying... I heard you out and I understand your perspective but you don't seem to be making the effort to understand me.

I guess the only thing I have left to say is: THE 2,500-YEAR-OLD HISTORY OF ADULTS BLAMING THE YOUNGER GENERATION

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
So you're making it about my age instead of addressing what I actually said. (That's a cop out.
No I'm not making it about your age, that was a general observation. I've seen changes in society happen over the length of time you've been born so I see a bigger problem than you can.

I've read your posts and you promote ignoring these artists and not paying them any attention. You missed the point, whether a poster here watches the content or not is insignificant compared to the millions of kids who get exposed to this vile shit every day.

If you want a society of fucked up adults then just fuck.up a generation of kids and your in business.

Can you see my point?

Helioform

Star
If you want a society of fucked up adults then just fuck.up a generation of kids and your in business.
I think it's pretty safe to say that adults are already fucked up.

We all like to think we are a better generation than the younger ones.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
No I'm not making it about your age, that was a general observation.
Well all you did was tell me that you're older than me and you did not address anything I wrote. You shifted the topic from celebrities and music videos, to my age.
I've seen changes in society happen over the length of time you've been born so I see a bigger problem than you can.
Ok... I understand what you're saying... that's still purely anecdotal and is not actual evidence in favor of your claims. You basically told me that since you're about to be 50, I should take your personal perspective on the world to be true... that is an illogical statement regardless of if I agree with your perspective or not. "I'm 50 next month, take it from me, society is being dragged down"

I don't see what any of that has to do with what I said in the first place though. All I'm saying is that analyzing celebrities' songs and music videos might not be the most productive way of addressing and resolving the issues we all want to solve. Analyzing celebrities can be useful but I suggested a different frame of analysis that is focused more on the root cause of these issues and the system that allows these problems to arise. What I said has nothing to do with whether or not society is getting worse or if the media is perpetrating it.
I've read your posts and you promote ignoring these artists and not paying them any attention.
I don't recall ever saying that we should completely ignore every celebrity altogether. I specifically stated in this thread that the analysis of celebrities can be useful and can bring a lot of valid issues to light...
You missed the point, whether a poster here watches the content or not is insignificant compared to the millions of kids who get exposed to this vile shit every day.
Which means that watching these videos and analyzing/talking about them on this forum is not going to prevent the videos from spreading negativity and contributing to societal issues... I actually think you're missing my point because that's exactly what I'm saying. Continually watching/analyzing these videos is not what will actually be able to solve the problems that these videos cause/contribute to. I also brought up the possibility that watching these videos could be more detrimental than helpful because it spreads the negativity further. I think it would be more productive to address solutions to these problems. Keep in mind that this is only my own opinion and you are free to have a differing perspective.

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
Well all you did was tell me that you're older than me and you did not address anything I wrote. You shifted the topic from celebrities and music videos, to my age.

Ok... I understand what you're saying... that's still purely anecdotal and is not actual evidence in favor of your claims. You basically told me that since you're about to be 50, I should take your personal perspective on the world to be true... that is an illogical statement regardless of if I agree with your perspective or not. "I'm 50 next month, take it from me, society is being dragged down"

I don't see what any of that has to do with what I said in the first place though. All I'm saying is that analyzing celebrities' songs and music videos might not be the most productive way of addressing and resolving the issues we all want to solve. Analyzing celebrities can be useful but I suggested a different frame of analysis that is focused more on the root cause of these issues and the system that allows these problems to arise. What I said has nothing to do with whether or not society is getting worse or if the media is perpetrating it.

I don't recall ever saying that we should completely ignore every celebrity altogether. I specifically stated in this thread that the analysis of celebrities can be useful and can bring a lot of valid issues to light...

Which means that watching these videos and analyzing/talking about them on this forum is not going to prevent the videos from spreading negativity and contributing to societal issues... I actually think you're missing my point because that's exactly what I'm saying. Continually watching/analyzing these videos is not what will actually be able to solve the problems that these videos cause/contribute to. I also brought up the possibility that watching these videos could be more detrimental than helpful because it spreads the negativity further. I think it would be more productive to address solutions to these problems. Keep in mind that this is only my own opinion and you are free to have a differing perspective.
You're now just being pedantic. You talk about finding solutions to these problems but appear to sit on the fence more than an injured barn owl.

What threads have you started recently? Let's see what's bothering you, let's see what we all should be focussing on.

Go for it.

mecca

Superstar
You're now just being pedantic.
I don't see how I'm being pedantic simply by directly addressing your points and clearly describing my own perspective so you can understand it. You were the one going off topic into random details that were not central to our discussion... like our ages.
You talk about finding solutions to these problems but appear to sit on the fence more than an injured barn owl.
Sitting on the fence means you don't have an opinion and can't decide one way or the other... but I clearly described my opinion to you multiple times so I don't understand how that applies in the slightest.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Are you saying it is "not important" that most of today's mainstream music artists are openly promoting child sex abuse, class A drug use, promiscuity and most other morally reprehensible topics in plain sight on all social media platforms to children under tbe age of 18?
This is a complete exaggeration. Most of the art coming out is *not* about child sex abuse and drug use. That's just what you are obsessed with focusing on. There's plenty of good and wholesome music coming out. Maybe if you didn't make gross exaggerations we would concede some of your points.

Would you be happy letting your impressionable 9 year old relative be entertained by the likes of Smiley Virus upstairs in their room at night? Is that cool with you?
A 9-year-old shouldn't be in a position to watch anything online or on T.V for an extended period of time. I've heard of kids who spend hours on youtube every day watching other people play with toys. Seriously, instead of them playing with the toys themselves, they will watch youtube videos. That shit is just as dangerous to a developing brain. Like it could obviously turn into some kind of internet or video game addiction. I have a feeling you can relate to that.

Should people who find this material unacceptable not be able to voice their disgust on a public forum without been made to look foolish by you more liberal types?
It's completely irrelevant because none of us can actually stop anyone from posting. Furthermore, I think this crusade you guys are trying to run here is completely misguided, and probably a double standard. Compare our few dismissive posts to the rest of the board and it's like LOL. We didn't go hard at anyone here. Stop coddling people who are clearly being babies.

If you guys think a handful of posters on a forum can find a "solution" to bring down a multi billion dollar business then your living in cloud cookoo land.

It's not until large numbers of people start becoming aware of the current social engineering projects that they are being employed that there will be any change at all.

So why not create your own thread of how your gonna take down the music industry and just.let us lot waste our time analysing silly little music video's?
Wait what? How many people do you think it takes to find a solution to things? I mean you were just here hyping up your life experience. So surely you have solved some pretty big problems in your life. Probably without the need of a personal army of think tanks. Maybe you forget because you are getting senile.

If you want to get to a large number of people. Spend some money on some facebook ads. Make a web page and promote it, or buy a billboard or something. Sitting on VC will never procure such a large number to move the needle even a little bit. You think your lazy half-assed analysis is waking anyone up? Lol we all see your Ego, and I'll raise you mine anytime.

Awoken2

Superstar
I was going to use the opening from the soap opera Days of our Lives in a meme to comment on this thread, but you really need the theme song for the full effect.

Your shortest post ever....hey I read it all without a coffee break.

...have they fitted you with a humour chip? Well done you!

Awoken2

Superstar
Maybe if you didn't make gross exaggerations we would concede some of your points
I don't need any idiots "conceding" any of my points. Keep up with your inane posts, they highlight how detached you are from reality.

A 9-year-old shouldn't be in a position to watch anything online or on T.V for an extended period of time.
This posts alone proves the above point. You don't have kids do you? Clown.

I've heard of kids who spend hours on youtube every day
Really? Well thank you for letting me know.... excuse me for a second while I destroy all devices in my home that allows internet access.

It's completely irrelevant because none of us can actually stop anyone from posting.
That's funny because I've found the more you post the more irrelevant you get.

We didn't go hard at anyone here.
You keep referring to a collective. Are you referring to your multiple personalities? The last time you went hard was probably watching the Smiley Virus video I posted.

I mean you were just here hyping up your life experience.
I simply pointed out to Mecca she doesn't have any life experience at 19 years old, that is a fact. Life experience comes with life, in most cases (excluding yourself obvioysly)

Spend some money on some facebook ads.
Lol. Genius!!! You think you can use Facebook to bring down the world's elite?.... (unfriends Vladimar Putin)

or buy a billboard or something
....hold on a minute (looks up vigilant billboards-r-us.......ahhh they've sold out. Nice idea though.

There's plenty of good and wholesome music coming out.
Saving the best to last. So let's have a look at what good wholesome music YOU like to listen to...let me just pop over to the "what are you listening to" thread for an example.

Your a fraud, a wannabe wizard and a bore. Just keep posting, your doing a great job.

Aero

Superstar
I don't need any idiots "conceding" any of my points. Keep up with your inane posts, they highlight how detached you are from reality.

This posts alone proves the above point. You don't have kids do you? Clown.

Really? Well thank you for letting me know.... excuse me for a second while I destroy all devices in my home that allows internet access.

That's funny because I've found the more you post the more irrelevant you get.

You keep referring to a collective. Are you referring to your multiple personalities? The last time you went hard was probably watching the Smiley Virus video I posted.

I simply pointed out to Mecca she doesn't have any life experience at 19 years old, that is a fact. Life experience comes with life, in most cases (excluding yourself obvioysly)

Lol. Genius!!! You think you can use Facebook to bring down the world's elite?.... (unfriends Vladimar Putin)

....hold on a minute (looks up vigilant billboards-r-us.......ahhh they've sold out. Nice idea though.

Saving the best to last. So let's have a look at what good wholesome music YOU like to listen to...let me just pop over to the "what are you listening to" thread for an example.

Your a fraud, a wannabe wizard and a bore. Just keep posting, your doing a great job.
Mr. One Liner is back I see. You can't come up with more than a 5 year old argument so you resort to the same typical personal attacks. You are a 50 year old man getting shook over some internet posts. It's like you are suffering from some kind of eternal damnation of constantly seeming butthurt.

I prefer not to get personal with people. But clearly, your maturity level disavows logical thought. So let's get personal for a second. I don't believe for a second the author of this thread was a real new poster. This is the same little kid shit we see on this board all the time. Where an established poster makes a sock puppet account and tries to start drama or get people banned.

I'm not saying you are that sock puppet. However, knowing the trends here and maturity levels it's probably you, or someone bored enough to actually think you know what you are talking about. Also I don't believe you are a 50 year old man either. Unless you had a career as boxer who lost 100x and took way too many shots to the head.

Vytas

Star
That thread is already too saturated...nobody would listen exactly.
I guess I was tired of seeing that BTS thread and all the others like them. I wish there was a way to ignore threads and not just posters.
Put thread creator on ignore and you wont see their threads...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I usually don't bring up this kind of thing, but you can't even spell "you're" right and you say that other people are dumb. Great job there, Captain.
This aint a spelling bee... grammar police... one of the very last defenses of an utterly failed position.

But hey, at least he aint like coward "Mecca" going back and editing posts for content. I admit, I often edit my own posts, because typing aint exactly a strength of mine. But I aint trying to alter the content. I state what I mean and I mean what I state, if I am wrong I can be the first to admit it, but I mean what I say and its embarrassing to watch you use all these words, just to know that your own words mean nothing to you, yourself.

Idk how anyone can take posters like "Mecca" serious.... first and foremost, shes lies like its nothing and even when you bust her out for it in the very same thread shes running her yap in, like a fool w/no shame "she" just keeps on posting. Never addressing the blatant lies, never addressing the untruthful smears, then goes and edits their posts to call people vulgar names and lie about the garbage that they already posted. Are you guys children? Because this is indeed childish behavior. They bring almost no information to the table, they post almost nothing which is cite/sourceable, hard to find worthy threads they have started.... yet here they are with paragraph after paragraph.... just a wall of words with no substance in other peoples threads. Telling people what they should and shouldnt be posting or "woke" about. And no mater what they profess, the results are usually the same..... distracted, detracted, compromised debate. If they have all the answers, why dont they start their own worthy threads to spread the good news eh?

Well this thread is a total wasteland now so I hope yall are happy, you got what you wanted..... you derailed and distracted from this posters efforts and made it all about yourselves. Unfortunate because I thought there was a lot to discuss here, as did others including the original poster. Im out.

Last edited: