Left Behind Christians.

Damien50

Star
Didnt Jesus present the "age of the Gentiles" as being a bad time period or happening during a bad time period though?

Luke 21:24
And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
I'll get back to you later.

JoChris

Superstar
A laugh! What about all these so called Christian preachers on TV every Sunday screaming for donations! Pot should never call the kettle black....And another thing thats odd...I always hear your christian preachers telling people to send their money to the Lord but they give you their address! WTH is up with that? How many practitioners of Islam do you see on TV yelling for people to send their money to Allah or what ever? None....Kinda makes me think christians do not have as much faith in their jesus as they let on.
There are scam artists and dangerous teachers in every religion and profession.

There are plenty of double standards for Muslims too. E.g. I never see any middle-aged or elderly Muslims blowing themselves up for Allah - don't they have real faith that Allah will reward martyrs like young men do?

manama

Star
There are scam artists and dangerous teachers in every religion and profession.

There are plenty of double standards for Muslims too. E.g. I never see any middle-aged or elderly Muslims blowing themselves up for Allah - don't they have real faith that Allah will reward martyrs like young men do?
its easy to brainwash youngsters for the govn.

Lady

Star
““God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:24-27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
God is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent. Indigenous people are probably more spiritual than a lot of people in the modern world because they live in raw creation with little distraction. I've encountered God in my dreams on multiple occasions, I know he's capable of reaching indigenous people that way as well. Those people are required to respond to whatever message God has sent them in the absence of the Gospels. Those people aren't rejecting Jesus and will still receive salvation since Jesus and God are one in the same. The Gospels will reach all nations eventually and Jesus will return soon after. I think people that have heard the Gospels and reject them should be more worried than those indigenous people. The answer to any obscure subject can be answered by the clarity of God's character. Why would a loving and patient God punish someone who is blameless? He wouldn't.

This is the point that @mecca was making, I think, about how indigenous people in general are more connected to the spiritual realm than those of us dwelling in our distracting and false world.

Damien50

Star
@KoncreteMind

I would say it is only a negative thing for the true Israelites especially in relation to everyone else.

This time period will remain until the second coming and a new age will begin. What I meant by it being bad for Israel was that their situation would only worsen for rejecting Christ and subsequently becoming partially hardened. I don't believe they as a nation can be a nation pleasing to the Lord until the second coming but the individual Jew can still please God.

It's definitely a negative time period but it encompasses the positive struggle of the Church age. For all the bad we improved in various areas including communication to which God used to His glory and benefit.

Either way we haven't had too many positive points in time where God was actually pleased and the Time of the Gentile is just a continuation stemming from the folly of Israel.

Lisa

Superstar
Either way we haven't had too many positive points in time where God was actually pleased
In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.

Damien50

Star
In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.
Though as nations or whole and not individuals entities one can say that we lack consistency and faith when it's needed most thus a general displeasure ensues.

Lisa

Superstar
Though as nations or whole and not individuals entities one can say that we lack consistency and faith when it's needed most thus a general displeasure ensues.
Well I guess one needs to know if Christians consist of nations? We are not like the Israelites who were in it as a nation.

Damien50

Star
Well I guess one needs to know if Christians consist of nations? We are not like the Israelites who were in it as a nation.
That's not what I was saying. Only during parts of Israel's history have they collectively pleased God and no one after then on that scale has again.

Lisa

Superstar
That's not what I was saying. Only during parts of Israel's history have they collectively pleased God and no one after then on that scale has again.
O, I think individually people please God on that kind of scale. Before the covenant individuals like Enoch pleased God and then there was Abraham. I'm not sure Christians are supposed to please God on that type of scale. But I probably don't understand what your getting at again....

Last edited:

Mr. Blah

Veteran
This is the point that @mecca was making, I think, about how indigenous people in general are more connected to the spiritual realm than those of us dwelling in our distracting and false world.
Half-truth.

Yes, they are generally far more religious than modern men.

But, although they are far more spiritual than us, they failed to know "the truth" itself.
What about a lot of kind of ancient religion systems, the doctrinal differences, various name of gods, etc.?
Which is true?
Are their religions the results of their speculative efforts to reach the Divine?

If Judeo-Christian God is true God, why didn't He show Himself to them directly in order to save them?
Why didn't He reveal Himself to ancient Japanese or ancient Pacific Islanders, not only to the Jews?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
O, I think individually people please God on that kind of scale. Before the covenant individuals like Enoch pleased God and then there was Abraham. I'm not sure Christians are supposed to please God on that type of scale. But I probably don't understand what your getting at again....
The detailed commandments to them are not explained in the Bible.
Maybe, they just have faith to God.
"The righteous shall live by his faith" (Habakkuk 2:4)

Lisa

Superstar
Half-truth.

Yes, they are generally far more religious than modern men.

But, although they are far more spiritual than us, they failed to know "the truth" itself.
What about a lot of kind of ancient religion systems, the doctrinal differences, various name of gods, etc.?
Which is true?
Are their religions the results of their speculative efforts to reach the Divine?

If Judeo-Christian God is true God, why didn't He show Himself to them directly in order to save them?
Why didn't He reveal Himself to ancient Japanese or ancient Pacific Islanders, not only to the Jews?
Probably because the Jews are God's chosen people, the ones that God made an everlasting covenant with...