Great footage of Hong Kong protests

Lisa

Superstar
I would think its hard for the people of Hong Kong to go from British rule to the harshness of Chinese rule. If you had had it all your life, that would be different, but they didn’t. I still can remember The Tiananmen Square protests and that man standing down the tank...you don’t mess with the Chinese government.

Yeah, it's tough to tell what's going on not speaking Cantonese. That said mainland Chinese claim the protestors are CIA operatives and people from Hong Kong complain about repression. The truth from watching the live feeds is that most protestors are peaceful young people. The old people ask the police to not hurt the young people. There are some agitators mixed in, but that's everywhere.

Lisa

Superstar
Yeah, it's tough to tell what's going on not speaking Cantonese. That said mainland Chinese claim the protestors are CIA operatives and people from Hong Kong complain about repression. The truth from watching the live feeds is that most protestors are peaceful young people. The old people ask the police to not hurt the young people. There are some agitators mixed in, but that's everywhere.
Lol! It’s always either US or Israeli operatives stirring up trouble everywhere! Though, the same nations that blame us for everything..still takes our cash! :rolleyes:

Ya, hopefully, it doesn’t end in bloodshed and tears...but I think that from the Tiananmen Square protest..it’s not looking good.

Lol! It’s always either US or Israeli operatives stirring up trouble everywhere! Though, the same nations that blame us for everything..still takes our cash! :rolleyes:

Ya, hopefully, it doesn’t end in bloodshed and tears...but I think that from the Tiananmen Square protest..it’s not looking good.
There might be foreign agitators, but most of it is like Occupy in the early days or the Yellow Vests in France. It seems authentic for the most part.

Lisa

Superstar
There might be foreign agitators, but most of it is like Occupy in the early days or the Yellow Vests in France. It seems authentic for the most part.
I can’t remember for sure..but when the Chinese took over..didn’t they ease into ruling them because the British asked them to?

Lisa

Superstar
Ya, China doesn’t do well with autonomy and just want’s to rule the people it rules...must have decided it wasn’t going to wait until 2047 to start controlling Hong Kong. I wonder if people in Hong Kong will even be able to move away now if they want to, or if they are stuck?

Ya, China doesn’t do well with autonomy and just want’s to rule the people it rules...must have decided it wasn’t going to wait until 2047 to start controlling Hong Kong. I wonder if people in Hong Kong will even be able to move away now if they want to, or if they are stuck?
I'm not sure, but at the core they probably don't want any imperialistic forces occupying them.
Tough situation.

I couldn't understand why there were a couple of protestors carrying around American flags, from the images i saw this week. It just seemed strange. I guess this explains it:
US Calls China "Thuggish Regime" For Releasing Identity Of US Official Caught Meeting With HK Protesters
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...s-china-summons-us-diplomats-over-viral-photo

looks like the people have adopted pepe the frog as their symbol of anti-government.
bless the people of hong kong for standing up for themselves.

Pepe The Frog is a symbol of liberty during Hong Kong pro-democracy protests
https://reclaimthenet.org/pepe-the-frog-hong-kong-protests/

from the article:

left-leaning organizations such as the SPLC began to suggest that Pepe The Frog was racist and hateful – with the Anti Defamation League adding Pepe to their list of “Hate symbols” in September of 2016 – much to the amusement of internet users who branded the organization as being out of touch with internet and meme culture.
The adoption of Pepe by Hong Kong pro-democracy and resistance protestors creates a further precedent that Pepe The Frog is mostly perhaps, at its heart, a symbol used to represent liberty, freedom, and anti-establishment movements. And less of the racist symbol that some organizations have tried to paint it as.