God is not hateful

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Exactly. So, not only do we have to assume it hasn't been misapprehended or misapplied in any way whatsoever, we also have to choose whether it is 100% true or 100% false. What if it happens to be exactly 67% true, just as an example?
A good question ...

Certainly one worth considering properly.

Bacsi

Star
To say that God tortures souls for eternity as payment for sins limited in time and space is to really distort his justice.

Bacsi

Star
So to the point, the question of the thread (for me at any rate) is do you accept the Gospel or not.
For me as someone living in a majority Muslim environment, it's about accepting the message of Islam or not. Doesn't matter. It's about beleiving in a terrible sadistic evil God.

God is love. Pure love.

TokiEl

Superstar
To say that God tortures souls for eternity as payment for sins limited in time and space is to really distort his justice.
The second death is the death or deconstruction of both soul and body.

So there is an end to that torture.

A flickering light at the end of the terror tunnel and a hopeless hope of oblivion for evermore.

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star
The second death is the death or deconstruction of both soul and body.

So there is an end to that torture.

A flickering light at the end of the terror tunnel and a hopeless hope of oblivion for evermore.
This idea is so strange and so foreign to the true nature of all-loving Creator God. He's better than that. He's the perfect light without a glimpse of darkness in him

TokiEl

Superstar
This idea is so strange and so foreign to the true nature of all-loving Creator God. He's better than that. He's the perfect light without a glimpse of darkness in him
So the second death is the abrupt end of the soul.

And that's mercy.

There is an end of evil... and a new beginning of good.

Bacsi

Star
Are you related to Joel Osteen by any chance lol?
Hahaha, had to Google him up. It's my long-forgotten nephew this Joel rascal! :)

Thank you for lightening this up, Floss. I loved it.

Bacsi

Star
So the second death is the abrupt end of the soul.

And that's mercy.

There is an end of evil... and a new beginning of good.
I understand and agree that it's a more kind punishment. It does not happen, though. God is way better. All go to heaven. Lake of fire annihilation is a myth. God is total love without a drop of wickedness in him.

TokiEl

Superstar
I understand and agree that it's a more kind punishment. It does not happen, though. God is way better. All go to heaven. Lake of fire annihilation is a myth. God is total love without a drop of wickedness in him.
Ok buddy but you know i don't agree. And at the end of the day it's up to God after all.

Bacsi

Star
Ok buddy but you know i don't agree. And at the end of the day it's up to God after all.
Yep. We are fully responsible for our own moral choices. Theorisising about God has a secondary purpose, I think. It helps us make good choices and sets an example. In that respect a vengeful God isn't a good example. Loving and all-forgiving is way better.

Though some beleive that God isn't really judging bad souls himself, but rather saves them from hell (to which they get by law of attraction) after they've improved. It's a far better representation of God.

Bacsi

Star
Does god love satan too? And will he forgive his sins?
I personally don't believe Satan exists. To me, it's a personification of animalistic (instincts) and selfish (ego) side of human beings. Satan (ego) is an antipode of God (society). This dualism of looking after your individual interests while trying to serve other people was expressed in God-Satan duality. However, each person must have some healthy amount of selfishness simply to survive. We can't give all of us to society. Much of our philosophy, including religious, is concerned with trying to find a balanced solution to this conflict.

So, to me your question has no answer as there is no Satan or demons.