God at Eventide

A Freeman

Superstar
Eternal Calm. - November 24

Remember that you live in Eternity, not time. Let there be no rush to do this or that, but no sloth either.

It follows that for each task Eternity is yours, if you truly live in Eternity.

How often, and how sadly, impotent haste has hindered not hastened the work of My Kingdom.

Live more quietly, bathed in the calm of Eternity. Feel this before you leave My Presence.

No fevered haste to work My Will. You must go forth in God's Great Calm.

There was no haste in His Creative Plan. Do you not feel the Strength of Calmness that lies behind God's work in Nature? Rest and know.

A Freeman

Superstar
Green Pastures. - November 25

Walk in My Pastures. The eye will be rested and the spirit restored by the soft green of their verdure. The ear soothed and then enchanted, by the sound of My Waters of Comfort.

No stones will impede your progress.

The soft haze over all will speak of unrevealed mysteries, while the wonder of life about you will tell of My ever-active, creative and protective Power, and you will be filled with a contentment that will merge into a strange yearning for a spirit-oneness with Me.

Then - you will know I am there.

A Freeman

Superstar
Complete Obedience. - November 26

Walk in My Way.

My Way is that of doing, not only of accepting, the Father's Will.

Submitting to that Will, however gladly you may do so, is not enough.

Your work and influence for Me are hindered if your life is not one of complete obedience. "By the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Where would your salvation have been had I faltered and wavered in MY task?

It was by the obedience of My earth-life that I saved and so must it be with you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Spirit of Adventure. - November 27

The path has been tried, every step has been planned with a view to your progress. Never test your work by what others can accomplish, or by what they leave undone. Yours to master the task I have set you. Go forward in My strength, and in the Spirit of Adventure.

Undreamed of heights can be attained in this way. Never question your capability. That has been for Me to decide. No experienced Leader would set a follower a task beyond his Power. Trust Me, your Leader.

The World would have been won for Me ere this: had My followers been dauntless, inspired by their faith in Me. It is not humility to hesitate to do the great task I set. It is lack of faith in Me.

To wait to feel strong is cowardly. My strength is provided for the task, but I do not provide it for the period of hesitancy before you begin.

How much of My Work goes undone through lack of faith. Again and again might it be said -

"He did not many mighty works through this follower's unbelief."

A Freeman

Superstar
Active but Alert. - November 28

Walk very carefully in life. It is a wonderful thing to be known as one who loves Me and seeks to follow Me, but it is also a very great responsibility.

So much that you may do, in which you are not guided by Me, may be condemned as unworthy, and a slur be cast upon My followers and My Community.

There are no moments in your life from now on in which you can be free from great responsibility. Never forget this. My soldiers are ever on active service.

A Freeman

Superstar
Miracles I Could Not Do. - November 29

What emphasis has been laid upon the wonder of My walking upon the Sea, and upon My feeding the multitudes. In the eyes of Heaven those were miracles of small importance.

Nature was My servant, the creation of the Father; and the Father and I are as one. Over her and over the material world I had complete control. My acts were natural, spontaneous, requiring no premeditation, beyond the selection of a suitable moment for their performance.

But My real Miracle work was in the hearts of men, because there I was limited by the Father's gift of Freewill to man. I could not command man as I could the waves. I was subject to the limitations the Father had set. No man must be coerced into My Kingdom.

Think of all that My restraint cost Me. I could have forced the world to accept Me, but I should then have broken faith with all mankind.

A Freeman

Superstar
Fly the Flag. - November 30

In your life and on your home you have unfurled the flag of My Kingship. Keep that flag flying.

Depression, disobedience, and want of faith, these are the half-masts of My Kingdom's flag.

Full and free, above earth's fogs and smokes, keep My flag flying high.

"The King is there, they serve the King," should be upon the lips and in the hearts of all who see it. Those who know you must, too, join those who fly My Flag.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Next Best-Thing. - December 1

When you long for your prayer to be answered, when your need is great, and you ask great things, then your way is so clear -.

Take the next simple duty that lies to your hand, and seek to do that thoroughly . . . and so with the next.

As you do it, remember My Promise.

Be faithful in that which is least, and I will make thee ruler over many things.

A Freeman

Superstar
Learning Times. - December 2

In performing the simple duty, and in the restraint (control) you achieve in doing it, and not in the feverish looking for the answer to your prayer for the big thing - maybe you learn the one thing needful before I entrust you with what you desire.

With Me, and in obedience to My Will, you have now, if you have learned that needed lesson, become suited for that answer.

These are learning-times, rather than testing-times.

A Freeman

Superstar
Your Faith Confirmed. - December 3

"Whom do men say that I am?" That is the first question I put to each man. My Claim, and the world's interpretation of My Mission and its culmination, must be a matter of consideration.

Then comes My second question, and upon the answer to this depends the man's whole future. Here we have left the realm of the human mind.

Conviction must be of the heart and spiritual mind. "Whom do you say that I am?"

"Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God," was Simon's answer. Then, and not till then, was it possible, without infringement of man's right of Free Will, to add to that profession of faith, the confirmation of My Father, "This is My Beloved Son."

I had lived My Life naturally, as a man among men. But always with the Longing that those I had chosen might have the spiritual-eyes to see, the faith to penetrate the Mystery of Incarnation, and to see Me, the God inside the carnal body revealed.

The faith of a personal conviction is always cemented by the assurance of My Father. It is that which makes the faith of My true followers, so unshakable.

A Freeman

Superstar
Withdraw Yourself. - December 4

It is not in the crowd that lovers learn to know and cherish each other. It is in the quiet times alone.

So with My own and Me. It is in the tender alone-times that they learn all that I can be to each.

Shut out the world with its all too-insistent claims and noise. Then, because of the power and the peace and the joy that come to you, you will crave to be alone with Me.

A Freeman

Superstar
Perfect Achievement. - December 5

Yield to My demands.

Obey My Will, that is God's Will, for My MEAT was ever to do the Will of Him that sent Me. Obeying that Will, making it yours, all you will must be granted.

That Will is creative, secures perfect achievement, and being of God (One and indivisible), secures all that is of God – Love; Peace; Joy; Power, in the measure that one of His creatures can absorb them.

A Freeman

Superstar
A New Song. - December 6

You are being led forth. You have crossed the Red Sea. Your wilderness wanderings are nearly over. Behold I make all things new.

A new birth, a new heart, a new life, a "New Song".

Let this time be to you a time of renewal.

Cast away all that is dead. Truly live the Risen Life. In mind and spirit turn out all that offends.

A Freeman

Superstar
Secret Service. - December 7

You are blessed, very richly blessed. Never forget that you have My Love and Protection. No Treasures of the world can mean to you what that can.

Never forget, too, that you are guided. Every word, every letter, every meeting, God-planned and God-blessed. Just feel that, know that.

You are not a stray and uncared for. You belong to the Secret Service of Heaven. There are privileges and protections for you all along The Way.

A Freeman

Superstar
But for My Grace. - December 8

You are Mine. Mine to control, to lead, to cherish. Trust Me for all.

In thinking of and dealing with others realize that whatever their sin, you would be as they are but for My protection, but for My tender forgiveness.

Remember, too, that My Command of "Judge not" was as explicit as that of "Thou shalt do no murder," "Thou shalt not commit adultery." Obey Me in all.

A Freeman

Superstar
Power to Help. - December 9

Not so much on what you say as on your willingness to let My Influence flow through you, will your power to help others depend.

The Power of My Father is summoned by you to the aid of those whom you desire to help.

Live in the consciousness of My Presence, and your thoughts of Love, anxiety, and even interest will let loose a flood of Power to save.

A Freeman

Superstar
Successful Failures. - December 10

You grieve that you have failed Me. Remember it was for the failures that I hung on Calvary's Cross. It was a failure I greeted first in the Resurrection Garden.

It was to one who had thwarted and despised Me, who had tortured and murdered My followers that I gave My great world Mission to the Gentiles.

But each had first to learn to know Me as Saviour and Lord by a bitter consciousness of having failed Me.

If you would work for Me, then you must be ready for the valley of humiliation through which all my followers have to pass.

A Freeman

Superstar
Help is Here. - December 11

You have been told to end all prayer upon a note of praise. That note of praise is not only faith rising up through difficulties to greet Me. It is more.

It is the echo in the heart of the sound borne on Spirit waves - of that Help upon The Way. It is given to those who love and trust Me to sense this approach. So rejoice for truly your redemption draweth nigh.

A Freeman

Superstar
Prove Me Now. - December 12

You have to prove Me. To come to Me walking upon the water. No sure, accustomed earth beneath you. But remember He to Whom you come is Son of God and Son of Man.

He knows your needs. He knows how difficult it must be for mortal to learn to live more and more a life that is not of the senses. To know that when I say, "Come," I ask no impossibility.

Seeing the waves Peter was afraid.

Refuse to look at the waves. Know that with your eyes on Me you can override all storm. It is not what happens that matters, but where your gaze is fixed.

A Freeman

Superstar
The Narrow Way. - December 13

You must obey My Will unhesitatingly if you would realize My Blessings. It is a straight and narrow way that leads into the Kingdom.

If man turns aside to follow his own will he may be in by-paths where My fruits of the Spirit do not grow, where My blessings are not outpoured.

You must remember that you have longed to help a world, the sorrows of which have eaten into your very souls. Do you not understand that I am answering your prayers.

The world is not always helped by the one who walks in sunlight on a flower-strewn path. Patient suffering, trials bravely borne, these show men a courage which could only be maintained by Help Divine.