Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul1
or for corruption [done] in the land2 - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely.
And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.
And Our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs.
Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.
"
5:32

"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul1
or for corruption [done] in the land2 - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely.
And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.
And Our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs.
Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.
"
5:32

Everything in the Qur'an is with so much clarity.

This issue would be dispelled by a basic understanding of the Arabic language.
"الأعراب", which means the Bedouins, not of "العرب" Arabs.
I need a detailed and convincing explanation of the etymology here. According to what you said, there is no word "Arabs" in the Quran. In the prophet's addresses to the public, there are always "Bedouins" as the name of the nation.

What/who are Bedouins? What/who are Arabs? Who were Arabs and who were Bedouins during the time of the Prophet? Nomadics and urbans? So, urbans are good persons and nomads are bad? This is not a logical or fair distinction. Is the word Bedouin given a meaning like redneck in the Quran? I don't think God would define people like this. I guess the Arabs tried to change the etymology to escape the fairness of the Quran.

DesertRose

Superstar
@thursdayafternoon ,
I'm pleased to see your newfound interest in the Quran on this site.
May I propose a suggestion? Kindly seek guidance from your local masjid, scholars, and shuyukh. Additionally, consider exploring online Quran commentaries, scholarly literature, and local study groups.
This is the approach I, as a Quran student, follow. Taking a brief glance at our extensive collections of Quranic commentary can provide insightful explanations.

By the way, I never wrote this:

According to what you said, there is no word "Arabs" in the Quran. In the prophet's addresses to the public, there are always "Bedouins" as the name of the nation.
I wrote this:
This issue would be dispelled by a basic understanding of the Arabic language.
"الأعراب", which means the Bedouins, not of "العرب" Arabs.
Here is an explanation from Tafsir ibn Kathir.
If you need more explanations please go to the relevant scholars.

Last edited:
Here is an explanation from Tafsir ibn Kathir.
If you need more explanations please go to the relevant scholars.
He who lives in the desert becomes hard-hearted
I don't think God is obsessed with people living in the desert. Does Allah say that people living in the desert are more problematic than those living in other places? Was the problem with Arabs that some of them lived in the desert? Does settled life solve problems?

Zakat

Star
I don't think God is obsessed with people living in the desert.
Surat ul Māidah Verse 116

When God says, ‘Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to people, “Take me and my mother as two gods alongside God”?’ he will say, ‘May You be exalted! I would never say what I had no right to say- if I had said such a thing You would have known it: You know all that is within me, though I do not know what is within You, You alone have full knowledge of things unseen-

DesertRose

Superstar
I don't think God is obsessed with people living in the desert. Does Allah say that people living in the desert are more problematic than those living in other places? Was the problem with Arabs that some of them lived in the desert? Does settled life solve problems?
May I propose a suggestion? Kindly seek guidance from your local masjid, scholars, and shuyukh. Additionally, consider exploring online Quran commentaries, scholarly literature, and local study groups.
Kindly seek guidance from the relevant scholars about issues. We have a hierarchy of learning and sadly I am nearer the bottom when it comes to Tafsir/ Quranic Commentary. It was my most difficult class, to be honest. Also, note you are derailing the thread. This thread is not for commentary.

Zakat

Star
Does Allah say that people living in the desert are more problematic than those living in other places?
Surat ul Baqarah, Verse 136
So [you believers], say, ‘We believe in God and in what was sent down to us and what was sent down to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and what was given to Moses, Jesus, and all the prophets by their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we devote ourselves to Him.’

Zakat

Star
Qur'ān Chapter 1 Verse 6

Ihdinas Şirāţal Mustaqīm
Guide US towards the Righteous Way
(End of Verse)

Supplicating God to

Guide the US of America
Guide the United States of Africa
Guide all the United Solids towards the good path of life
1700963484425.png