Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘This is my way; I invite unto Allah (i.e. to the Oneness of Allah — Islamic Monotheism) with sure knowledge,
I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allah, i.e. to the Oneness of Allah — Islamic Monotheism with sure knowledge).
And Glorified and Exalted be Allah (above all that they associate as partners with Him).
And I am not of the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah; those who worship others along with Allah or set up rivals or partners to Allah)’.”

[Yusuf 12:108]

DesertRose

Superstar
Watch for˺ the Day He will gather them along with what they used to worship besides Allah, and ask ˹the objects of worship˺, “Was it you who misled these servants of Mine, or did they stray from the Way ˹on their own˺?”

They will say, “Glory be to You! It was not right for ˹others like˺ us to take any lords besides You, but You allowed enjoyment for them and their forefathers ˹for so long˺ that they forgot ˹Your˺ remembrance and became a doomed people.”

˹The doomed will be told˺, “Your gods have clearly denied your claims. So now you can neither ward off ˹the punishment˺ nor get any help.” And whoever of you does wrong, We will make them taste a horrible punishment.

We never sent any messenger before you ˹O Prophet˺, who did not eat food and go about in market-places. We have made some of you a trial for others. Will you ˹not then˺ be patient? And your Lord is All-Seeing.

Those who do not expect to meet Us say, “If only the angels were sent down to us, or we could see our Lord!” They have certainly been carried away by their arrogance and have entirely exceeded all limits.
˹But˺ on the Day they will see the angels, there will be no good news for the wicked, who will cry, “Keep away! Away ˹from us˺!
Then We will turn to whatever ˹good˺ deeds they did, reducing them to scattered dust.
˹But˺ on that Day the residents of Paradise will have the best settlement and the finest place to rest.

˹Watch for˺ the Day the heavens will burst with clouds, and the angels will be sent down in successive ranks.

True authority on that Day will belong ˹only˺ to the Most Compassionate.
And it will be a hard day for the disbelievers.
25:17-27

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind.
You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah.
If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them.

Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient.
3:110

Zakat

Star
Exalted is He who created all pairs - from what the earth grows and from themselves and from that which they do not know.

Chapter 36 Verse 36

Zakat

Star
So many kinds of measures, Allahu Akbar!

So many kinds of precautions to undertake for the safety of one's faith mostly.

He Guarantees the world's existence daily, but until which Friday i do not know.

Allahu A'lam

Zakat

Star
A'uudhubillahi Minash Shaytwaanir Rajeem

I seek the Protection of Allah against Satan the Accursed

Although it's not a verse from the Qur'an, we need to recite it before saying Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.

DesertRose

Superstar
'And when there came to them (the Jews), a Book (this Qur'an) from Allah confirming what is with them [Torah and the Gospel],
although aforetime they had invoked Allah [for coming of Muhammad (saws] in order to gain victory over those who disbelieved,
then when there came to them that which they had recognized, they disbelieved in it.
So let the Curse of Allah be on the disbelievers. How bad is that for which they have sold their ownselves,
that they should disbelieve in that which Allah has revealed (the Qur'an),
grudging that Allah should reveal of His Grace unto whom He wills of His slaves.
So they have drawn on themselves wrath upon wrath. And for the disbelievers, there is disgracing torment'

[Qur'an 2:88-90],

and His Saying: 'Is it not (the case) that every time they make a covenant, some party among them throws it aside?' [Qur'an 2:100],

'And you will not cease to discover deceit in them..'
[Qur'an 5:13],

"And (remember when your Lord declared that He would certainly keep on sending against them (ie. the Jews), till the Day of Resurrection, those who would afflict them with a humiliating torment. Verily, your Lord is Quick in Retribution (for the disobedient, wicked) and certainly, He is Oft-Forgiving (for the obedient and those who beg Allah's Forgiveness)" [Qur'an 7:167].

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Indeed, those who disbelieve spend their wealth to avert [people] from the way of Allāh.
So they will spend it; then it will be for them a [source of] regret; then they will be overcome.
And those who have disbelieved - unto Hell they will be gathered.
8:36

The Prophet peace be upon Him was Arab Thursday. What I love about the Quran is the nuance it presents.
Correction:
"The nomadic Arabs ˹around Medina˺ are far worse in disbelief and hypocrisy, and less likely to know the laws revealed by Allah to His Messenger. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise."
There is a Quran thread on the forum by the way.
I’m not sure what translation you got the ‘Arab’ part from thursdayafternoon. The copies I have reference Bedouin Arabs and there was a footnote referencing medinah.
Al aa'reabu ashaddu kufraan va nifeakaan va acdaru allea yaa'lamoo hudooda mea anzalaalleahu aalea rasoolihee, vaalleahu aaleemun haakeem(haakeemun).

Where is the Bedouin reference? The word bedouin exists only in commentary. There is no such word in "Arabic with English sounds" or in direct translation. Where did you see Medina and the Bedouins?

DesertRose

Superstar
Al aa'reabu ashaddu kufraan va nifeakaan va acdaru allea yaa'lamoo hudooda mea anzalaalleahu aalea rasoolihee, vaalleahu aaleemun haakeem(haakeemun).

Where is the Bedouin reference? The word bedouin exists only in commentary. There is no such word in "Arabic with English sounds" or in direct translation. Where did you see Medina and the Bedouins?
This issue would be dispelled by a basic understanding of the Arabic language.
"الأعراب", which means the Bedouins, not of "العرب" Arabs.

DesertRose

Superstar
Do they not know that Allah alone accepts the repentance of His servants and receives ˹their˺ charity, and that Allah alone is the Accepter of Repentance, Most Merciful?
Tell ˹them, O Prophet˺, “Do as you will. Your deeds will be observed by Allah, His Messenger, and the believers. And you will be returned to the Knower of the seen and unseen, then He will inform you of what you used to do.”
And some others are left for Allah’s decision, either to punish them or turn to them in mercy.1 And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

9:104-106