Evolution Of Gay Rights

JoChris

Superstar
Atheist style huh? I'm not taking anything out of context. Peter had a vision and God commanded him to not refuse what he declared clean food.

No God didn't say anything about clothing here... But again, those clothing rules were outlined in Deuteronomy for the exact reason I posted above.

Am I wrong?

I will say this once again. It says NOWHERE in the entirety of all the holy scriptures that choosing to live as the other gender even going so far as to castrate oneself, is an abomination. So, until I get a solid biblical reason to believe this, I'm standing by my position.
Firstly, the bible also says nothing anti-cocaine, jaywalking or credit card fraud.
Does that therefore mean that God is OK with those three?

Secondly, the verse here is quite clear. It does not give any exception clauses for gender confused people or homosexuals. You are word-gaming.

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment, for ALL that do so are an abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Again, if you are intersex like you claim, then you are in a very unusual situation. That is not according to sexual preferences or personal imagination run amok.

Trenton

Veteran
Deuteronomy 22:5 is the stupidest verse against transexuals I've ever heard.

Men and women's clothing is absolutely a subjective matter.

If a transexual changes their gender and wears the clothing fitting their gender, they are no longer cross dressing.

A man choosing to wear a woman's garment is cross dressing. It is not cross dressing if the person lives as that gender 24/7.

And I'm not going over the reasons that was outlined to the Jews in Deuteronomy anyway. Shrine prostitutes wore women's garments while worshipping Baal. They put this ordinance in effect to stop that from happening.

It's not a Commandment of God. There are 10 commandments and that isn't one of them.

Trenton

Veteran
Firstly, the bible also says nothing anti-cocaine, jaywalking or credit card fraud.

Does that therefore mean that God is OK with those three?

All of those things are harmful to other people. Coke kills you. Jaywalking can get people killed. Credit fraud is iffy, this leans into usury in the first place so yeah I'm pretty sure that's in the Bible.

Being Gay or transgender doesn't hurt anyone.

And don't give me "but they kill themselves"

Anyone can choose suicide. It's sad but that's not the problem. Plenty of transgender people also don't feel like killing themselves let alone do it.

Secondly, the verse here is quite clear. It does not give any exception clauses for gender confused people or homosexuals. You are word-gaming.

Word gaming? I was very succinct in that this passage has nothing to do with gender or sexuality. It's just about clothes. Arbitrary BS. Changes with the times.

Deuteronomy 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment, for ALL that do so are an abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Lame excuse. Doesn't fit the bill for changing gender. Clothes are clothes and God didn't command what clothes constitute what gender. It was a precaution against the Jews joining sex cults. Which enjoyed cross dressing as part of the sexual dramas at the temple of Baal.

Clothes change over time. So who decided what's male and female clothing from era to era? Surely it was us people, not God.

Again, if you are intersex like you claim, then you are in a very unusual situation. That is not according to sexual preferences or personal imagination run amok.

I don't really care about my personal situation. This isnt about me. But I still just don't quite understand the logic here.

Because I am intersex, I somehow have a bigger right than other people to change myself through surgery and horemones?

I'm only correcting a birth defect right?

Is that me saying God screwed up, better fix it?

If so, then I'm as bad as a transexual. If the answer is no, then how are transexuals doing this either?
Response in bold

Trenton

Veteran
It seems to be a common belief amongst homosexuals that there is no higher love than sexual love.

I have a spiritual bond between fellow Christians that I do not have with my atheist husband. Fellow Christians understand that there is a much deeper bond than non-believers can understand.
It seems there is a common belief amongst heterosexuals (especially religious ones) that gays only have sex.

I never said anything about sex, you went right there though.

A man can love another man more than a woman AND as more than a brother AND have it have NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.

williejonesjr

Veteran
Brotherly love?
My brother & I have "brotherly love", but it doesn't make me queer. He bathes me & I bathe him (Sometimes. He's got odors and crap all on his back from rolling around outside. It's gross).

Lisa

Superstar
Talking about baking cakes and the homosexual agenda/gay rights. I think this baker just won his Supreme Court case..and now this.

Concerning the whole Deuteronomy 22:5...

Do you realize clothing being gendered is entirely a social construct? God did not come down and give pants to men and skirts to women... And in some cultures, skirts are unisex. Unless you're pretending that that kilts technically aren't skirts.

I never said anything about sex, you went right there though.

A man can love another man more than a woman AND as more than a brother AND have it have NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.
Also, this. For all, some heterosexual people love to act like homosexual people elevate sexual love above all, they don't realize that sexual love and romantic love aren't the same things. For most people, they are entwined... But there are times when they are not.

I'm asexual. I don't experience sexual attraction to anyone. I can appreciate attractiveness, but it's the appreciation of anesthetic. A beautiful person inspires the same feelings a beautiful sculpture, or a beautiful piece of prose would.

That doesn't mean I don't develop romantic feelings. I've met people who I've certainly fallen in love with. I wanted to be with them, I wanted to make them smile, etc. Being in their presence filled with a warmth I don't feel even with very close friends and family. But sexual desire? No.