DONALD TRUMP HAS BEEN IMPEACHED!!! WHAT NOW??

justjess

Superstar
Dropping the corporate tax rate to 21% was probably the best thing he’s done so far. 35% is criminally high for a government that seeks to control its populace.

The lower corporate tax rate benefits everyone. Everyone that works anyhow.
The lower corporate tax rate has not trickled down to higher wages or lower prices.. so no, it doesn’t benefit everyone. It benefits the people not paying the taxes anymore solely.

justjess

Superstar
His argument Is now that abuse of power isn’t impeachable? Like... really? Not even an attempt to deny or justify - just a blatant statement that presidents are above the law

Thunderian

Superstar
His argument Is now that abuse of power isn’t impeachable? Like... really? Not even an attempt to deny or justify - just a blatant statement that presidents are above the law
Is abuse of power a high crime, or is it a misdemeanour? Legally speaking, I mean.

justjess

Superstar
Is abuse of power a high crime, or is it a misdemeanour? Legally speaking, I mean.

The amount of purposeful misdirection... this isn’t a criminal trial. It is an administrative proceeding to decide whether to remove someone from a position - based on the conduct they’ve displayed while in that position. We have checks and balances on powers written into every single part of our government. If it was a criminal charge they would have charged him criminally. Well, they would charge him after he’s out of office since apparantly presidents are exempt from criminal charges. Stop conflating the two to serve your own agenda.

Thunderian

Superstar

The amount of purposeful misdirection... this isn’t a criminal trial. It is an administrative proceeding to decide whether to remove someone from a position - based on the conduct they’ve displayed while in that position. We have checks and balances on powers written into every single part of our government. If it was a criminal charge they would have charged him criminally. Well, they would charge him after he’s out of office since apparantly presidents are exempt from criminal charges. Stop conflating the two to serve your own agenda.
Trump has been under investigation by government agents and the media since before he took office. Despite having every part of his life picked over and examined, the only thing they can find to impeach him is something with which ANY former president could have been charged. It's a phony impeachment, and it tops the list of Democratic own goals. The "resistance" to Trump is a joke, and it's because of stupid things like this. This is what corruption and disarray look like, and it's going to be the new look of the Democratic party until they put adults in charge again.

justjess

Superstar
Trump has been under investigation by government agents and the media since before he took office. Despite having every part of his life picked over and examined, the only thing they can find to impeach him is something with which ANY former president could have been charged. It's a phony impeachment, and it tops the list of Democratic own goals. The "resistance" to Trump is a joke, and it's because of stupid things like this. This is what corruption and disarray look like, and it's going to be the new look of the Democratic party until they put adults in charge again.
Yet republicans impeached Clinton without any of these same complaints? COme on man... you asked whether it was a high crime or misdeamenor and I posted the constitutional breakdown for you. Something that was published prior to trump being in office.

If I hired someone to run my business and they used that position to get personal favors done for them I’d fire them. That’s what impeachment is.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Yet republicans impeached Clinton without any of these same complaints? COme on man... you asked whether it was a high crime or misdeamenor and I posted the constitutional breakdown for you. Something that was published prior to trump being in office.

If I hired someone to run my business and they used that position to get personal favors done for them I’d fire them. That’s what impeachment is.
Clinton lied under oath, which is actually a crime. If Trump committed a crime, you should have some specific details. You don’t, because there was no crime.

justjess

Superstar
Clinton lied under oath, which is actually a crime. If Trump committed a crime, you should have some specific details. You don’t, because there was no crime.
As stated quite clearly in the source I provided above high crimes and misdemeanors does not require a criminal violation. It was specifically designed to cover both criminal violations and abuses of power like we have here. It was based on British precedent so I’m shocked this is so foreign to you...

True criminals never commit the crime themselves. They have their lackeys commit the actual crime to mantain plausible deniability - practically every person close to trump is under criminal indictment. But no need for concern right?

Clinton also wasn’t SOLELY impeached for lying. There were more articles against him and corruption of Congress was one. Abuse of power was debated but hard to make a case when it was consensual sexual conduct in question. (I’d have made it anyway, power imbalance in sexual relations is no bueno).

Did you even read the source or are you hell bent on parroting republican talking points for the rest of eternity?

Thunderian

Superstar
As stated quite clearly in the source I provided above high crimes and misdemeanors does not require a criminal violation. It was specifically designed to cover both criminal violations and abuses of power like we have here. It was based on British precedent so I’m shocked this is so foreign to you...

True criminals never commit the crime themselves. They have their lackeys commit the actual crime to mantain plausible deniability - practically every person close to trump is under criminal indictment. But no need for concern right?

Clinton also wasn’t SOLELY impeached for lying. There were more articles against him and corruption of Congress was one. Abuse of power was debated but hard to make a case when it was consensual sexual conduct in question. (I’d have made it anyway, power imbalance in sexual relations is no bueno).

Did you even read the source or are you hell bent on parroting republican talking points for the rest of eternity?
You, like the Democrats who are impeaching, think that your case is made stronger if you just say enough words. Remember when all we heard — 24/7 — was that Trump had colluded with Russia? Whatever happened with that? Like with the Russian collusion accusations, no amount of words is going to prove Trump did something he didn’t.

As I said, Trump has been investigated thoroughly, and the best they can come up with is this “abuse of power” bullshit, which they can’t prove. Sorry this is going so badly for you (and them), but endless repeating of hearsay and echo chamber arguments isn’t going to make a difference now. There is no smoking gun. There is no evidence. There is no case for impeachment. Enjoy the continuing waste of your tax dollars. Good thing the economy is doing so well.

justjess

Superstar
You, like the Democrats who are impeaching, think that your case is made stronger if you just say enough words. Remember when all we heard — 24/7 — was that Trump had colluded with Russia? Whatever happened with that? Like with the Russian collusion accusations, no amount of words is going to prove Trump did something he didn’t.

As I said, Trump has been investigated thoroughly, and the best they can come up with is this “abuse of power” bullshit, which they can’t prove. Sorry this is going so badly for you (and them), but endless repeating of hearsay and echo chamber arguments isn’t going to make a difference now. There is no smoking gun. There is no evidence. There is no case for impeachment. Enjoy the continuing waste of your tax dollars. Good thing the economy is doing so well.
The economy is crap. You’d know that if you spent half as much time actually in this country as you do debating about it on the internet. I really don’t know what your end game is here.. I get why you like the guy, he’s 100% in Israel’s pocket after all.. but your fondness for him doesn’t change facts. There is plenty of evidence and proof which is why he was impeached. Your denial of this reality doesn’t mean it isn’t reality.

I actually don’t want him removed from office, So it’s not really going badly for me. But thanks for your concern.

On a serious note... have none of you ever met a criminal? Do you have zero understanding of how criminals operate?

Edit: also, either abuse of power is NOT A CRIME OR IMPEACHABLE or IT DIDNT HAPPEN. Choose one for chrissakes.

Thunderian

Superstar
It’s funny to watch Schumer talk about a rushed process, when the Democrats rushed things so much that they tried to open the investigation again. The investigation and the case for something as serious and momentous as they keep saying impeachment is should be complete and air tight.

Now he’s saying that we don’t know if the evidence will prove or disprove the case against Trump. Huh? Shouldn’t they have determined that BEFORE the trial?

See what a joke this is?

Lisa

Superstar
It’s funny to watch Schumer talk about a rushed process, when the Democrats rushed things so much that they tried to open the investigation again. The investigation and the case for something as serious and momentous as they keep saying impeachment is should be complete and air tight.

Now he’s saying that we don’t know if the evidence will prove or disprove the case against Trump. Huh? Shouldn’t they have determined that BEFORE the trial?

See what a joke this is?
I think that it speaks more to their fear of not being able to beat him then anything he actually did. This is all they have.

justjess

Superstar
No, it speaks more to the fact that a trial (which this is) should have witnesses and evidence. McConnell not allowing that - as has been allowed in every other case ever - should be concerning to YOU trump supporters. But your capacity for spin is always surprisingly more then I thought it could be

Thunderian

Superstar
My TV’s closed captioning just rendered Cipollone’s name as “so baloney”, lol.

Thunderian

Superstar
No, it speaks more to the fact that a trial (which this is) should have witnesses and evidence. McConnell not allowing that - as has been allowed in every other case ever - should be concerning to YOU trump supporters. But your capacity for spin is always surprisingly more then I thought it could be
Not quite. The Democrats want to introduce new evidence and new witnesses. They want to make a new case against Trump, because they know the existing case they have brought before the Senate is very weak.

justjess

Superstar
Not quite. The Democrats want to introduce new evidence and new witnesses. They want to make a new case against Trump, because they know the existing case they have brought before the Senate is very weak.
The evidence and witnesses that are “new” were purposely withheld by the administration until after house proceedings ended. In addition they are currently not even allowing existing evidence or witnesses in the senate proceedings until after some sort of vote. This is unprecedented and should be concerning to you because if there is nothing to hide and he did nothing wrong... why?

The Zone

Star
Could yall please put it on pause for a second while I watch Adam Schiff on the Telly? LOL I do not think we have seen enough of him in the last year. What a ridiculous show this is already. Such grandstanding and BS. This is the weakest case I have ever seen so of course, they need more to fight with. What about Russia, Adam? This is not going to work out like when you throw darts at a picture of the Orange Man in your office. The other side gets to throw darts back this time. Just buff up buffy and concentrate on policy and the next election.

... just another day in America.

justjess

Superstar
Could yall please put it on pause for a second while I watch Adam Schiff on the Telly? LOL I do not think we have seen enough of him in the last year. What a ridiculous show this is already. Such grandstanding and BS. This is the weakest case I have ever seen so of course, they need more to fight with. What about Russia, Adam? This is not going to work out like when you throw darts at a picture of the Orange Man in your office. The other side gets to throw darts back this time. Just buff up buffy and concentrate on policy and the next election.

... just another day in America.
How many impeachment’s have you watched then @The Zone