DONALD TRUMP HAS BEEN IMPEACHED!!! WHAT NOW??

justjess

Superstar
You mean like Benghazi or Hilary’s emails? Who knows. Both sides seem to have plenty of ideas

Thunderian

Superstar
You mean like Benghazi or Hilary’s emails? Who knows. Both sides seem to have plenty of ideas
I mean, what’s the next Democratic ploy to take down Trump that will drag out for ages and then blow up in their faces.

justjess

Superstar
I mean, what’s the next Democratic ploy to take down Trump that will drag out for ages and then blow up in their faces.
I know what you meant. That double standard thing again.

All told even including mueller the democrats have spent considerably less investigating and impeaching trump then the republicans did with Clinton.

And all of the above seem to somehow cost less than trumps golf trips to a resort he himself owns.

Breaking News: Trump is not found guilty nor innocent, but in the middle. Voting is over, and he may or may not be re-elected as president at this rate.

Thunderian

Superstar
Breaking News: Trump is not found guilty nor innocent, but in the middle. Voting is over, and he may or may not be re-elected as president at this rate.
No, he was acquitted. That means not guilty.

Also, what do you mean “at this rate”? His approval rate is over 50%, he just shook off a phoney impeachment that has driven Democratic numbers down and his own up, and a majority of Americans claim to be doing well in the present economy. Not to mention, the Democrats are a mess right now, with no viable candidate to beat Trump, and losing more the confidence of more and more supporters each time they screw up again.

At this rate, Trump is headed for a landslide.

Thunderian

Superstar
I know what you meant. That double standard thing again.

All told even including mueller the democrats have spent considerably less investigating and impeaching trump then the republicans did with Clinton.

And all of the above seem to somehow cost less than trumps golf trips to a resort he himself owns.

So, more of the same?

justjess

Superstar
It’s theater. So yeah.

At the end of the day they all keep getting richer. We all keep getting poorer and life goes on. Bread and circuses. Wish it was different but doubt I’ll see it in my lifetime

And I’m not sure who the hypothetical Americans who are so thrilled with the economic state of the country are that you keep speaking of... but I will say this.

The people who are thrilled about the economy are those who were already upper middle class or wealthy ( ie the world I was born into), the middle class, working class and poor (the world I chose and currently inhabit) are definitively NOT THRILLED. Guess who’s got the bigger numbers? I’ve shown you proof of this umpteen million times but instead of reflecting on any of the evidence provided you instead choose to “trump-et” these hypothetical thrilled people a couple times a week. Why? Does it serve you some purpose to distort reality or only present one limited side of it?

Everyone I know in their 50’s and older - save a couple of my husbands relatives who had real shitty luck during their lifetimes - is thrilled! They had stable jobs with health insurance and vacations and pensions and they have solid investment portfolios at this point in their lives that are booming due to targeted tax cuts that benefited a small slice of the population - the slice that didn’t even NEED IT. The only thing they aren’t happy about? Prescription prices because their socialized Medicare doesn’t cover that.

Everyone I know in their 30’s and younger - not thrilled. Barely getting by despite advanced degrees and specialization areas. Living paycheck to paycheck with no stability. The few I know that own homes had those homes bought for/ or substantially subsidized by their parents who reside in the first category given.

You know when I’ll get to that first category and how? It won’t be because of my hard work or intellect, no matter how hard I work or how much I bring to the table. I’ll get there when my mother or my husbands father kicks the bucket and I’m hoping that doesn’t happen until way way in the future cuz I’d rather be poor or struggling.

Even now I’m working on a masters degree because the degree I have (it’s not renaissance art or some silly crap either) is no longer valuable at all in a post recession world. I spent three years investigating my options, costs vs estimated returns, job market, skills and personality affinity. And when I finish next year my hourly rate of pay will be substantially higher. But it will still be an HOURLY RATE OF PAY. No benefits. No insurance. No vacation. No pension. Nothing. And that is literally the best job available in my geographic area. Every couple of weeks I think about saying fuck it and settling for an aides job in the school cuz atleast I’ll have benefits. But $10-12/hour? When I asked a girl I know what her paycheck was after deductions I quickly reconsidered.

When you make statements that the economy is so great, despite being told numerous times this isn’t the case for a huge segment of the population, you are basically telling people like me that we are worthless in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
No, he was acquitted. That means not guilty.

Also, what do you mean “at this rate”? His approval rate is over 50%, he just shook off a phoney impeachment that has driven Democratic numbers down and his own up, and a majority of Americans claim to be doing well in the present economy. Not to mention, the Democrats are a mess right now, with no viable candidate to beat Trump, and losing more the confidence of more and more supporters each time they screw up again.

At this rate, Trump is headed for a landslide.
"No, he was acquitted. That means not guilty."
I said, "He is not guilty, nor innocent, but in the middle" do you have a problem with comprehending?

Also, "at this rate" NOT the rate of the votes, I meant wherever this leads to, he may, or may not be re-elected, I'm basically saying that since he's in the middle, the rest of whats to occur remains a curious mystery.

Do you not know what acquitted means?
It's basically free of charge, but I looked at the news about 4 hours ago, and the last two votes were against trump. The final votes were:

Not guilty: 48% Guilty: 52% He is pretty much in the middle there.

justjess

Superstar
This isn’t a criminal trial. The votes aren’t guilty or not guilty. It’s more similar to jury nullification if anything.

This isn’t a criminal trial. The votes aren’t guilty or not guilty. It’s more similar to jury nullification if anything.
This isn't even really related to criminal themes in the first place..
But Trump is a sexist racist manipulative president we have, that could count as that and many other problems with him was what was mostly focused on while voting. Everyone in the government is evil, to me, it doesn't matter who's our next president even if it's Trump once again, there will be no difference. The government is evil with dark themes behind the doors and they are on top of the food chain. Capitalism is going hard these days in my opinion, and honestly...it's a good thing they're not getting away with this.

Lisa

Superstar
O dear!

Donald begins his impeachment revenge: Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman 'will be FIRED from the White House' for testifying against the president, as Trump prepares to make his enemies pay
  • Trump is preparing to push Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman out of White House
  • 'I'm not happy with him. Am I supposed to be happy with him? I'm not,' he said
  • Vindman was first White House official on July 25 call to testify in the House's impeachment inquiry into the president
  • He said he believed Trump acted 'improper' on call with President Zelensky
  • Vindman will be told as soon as Friday he is being reassigned
  • He joined the National Security Council in July 2018
  • Trump has indicated he will retaliate now that he's been acquitted
  • Senator Mitt Romney is expected to be another Trump target
  • Republican senators, who are allies of Trump, are investigating Hunter Biden