Do You think the moon landing happened?

FilthPig

Veteran
Maybe go read Newtons third law of motion and rethink that statement .Theoretical question for the ones who dont consider themselves slowest in the class - if you were floating in vacum and you throwed away your shoe in one direction with a force of 200 newtons then with how much force would you move to opposite direction ? Or would you not move at all and remain floating in the same position ?

Behumble

Established
Maybe go read Newtons third law of motion and rethink that statement .Theoretical question for the ones who dont consider themselves slowest in the class - if you were floating in vacum and you throwed away your shoe in one direction with a force of 200 newtons then with how much force would you move to opposite direction ? Or would you not move at all and remain floating in the same position ?
Excuse my ignorance, can this law be applied in a vacuum void of air and matter? Aren't there two objects required?

I shared because I thought it was interesting (minus the slow comment and I am quick to say when it comes to physics yes I may be slow). But It has made me rethink space travel.

FilthPig

Veteran
Excuse my ignorance, can this law be applied in a vacuum void of air and matter? Aren't there two objects required?

I shared because I thought it was interesting (minus the slow comment and I am quick to say when it comes to physics yes I may be slow). But It has made me rethink space travel.
To every action, there is always opposed an equal reaction; or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.
If you fire a revolver then you will feel the recoil,no ? Would the recoil be absent in vacum if you shot the revolver in there ?
Vacum is void of atoms/areas of pressure but it is full of magnetic fields / currents of pressure.

Behumble

Established
To every action, there is always opposed an equal reaction; or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.
If you fire a revolver then you will feel the recoil,no ? Would the recoil be absent in vacum if you shot the revolver in there ?
Vacum is void of atoms/areas of pressure but it is full of magnetic fields / currents of pressure.
Yes I understand the law, when Newton came up with it it was based on his understanding of the physical earth. Are his laws of motion absolute that it applies in other atmospheres?

My point was, can you be present in a vacuum in order to shot the revolver for it to recoil? Birds follow this law too but there needs to be air present for them to fly. So I am trying to understand how a rocket would continue flying once it leaves the earth's atmosphere.

e-Enoch

Superstar
ISS Hoax...

I don't really believe it, because if we were there then, why haven't we gone back? Why haven't others gone? I don't know for sure, and it was a good 5 1/2 years before I was born, but I guess question everything.

Awoken2

Superstar
Did you know that the American taxpayer pays NASA $82 million dollars a day?

OK let's see what you're getting for your money.

Why do you think it's so lucrative to take genuine footage of our intrepid astronauts then add cgi harnesses and a few green screen glitches to try and make the footage look faked?

....weird.

clambot

Veteran
The only time they tried it for reals is that time it messed up and the aliens had to limp it back. They even made a documentary about it. Some movie called Apollo 13 with that Toms Hankerchief fella.