Deceptive Muslim

Lisa

Superstar
Most Christians don't know Greek but God is called "Theos" in the New Testament texts.

The word "God" itself is also an english word, not used by any religion in any native religious text (maybe except for translations and texts written in the modern era by new religious movements)
That’s interesting but God says this..
Isaiah‬ ‭45:5‬ ‭
I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God.
‭‭​

Stephania

Star
‭‭​
Isaiah wasn't originally written in English though. And yeah He said that.. so if someone says that they believe in Him (specifically in all Abrahamic Faiths)- why would you say that they are worshipping a different God when He says He is the same God for everyone in Abrahamic Faiths? Certainly Muslims do not say that they worship a different God than the God of Abraham.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Also "Yahweh" is not in the hebrew texts, that is a poor rendering of the tetragrammaton. Jehovah is not a correct rendering either.
Just write it as YHWH and you'll be safe from problems.
I don’t think Yahweh is insulted if I use vowels..

Lisa

Superstar
You're embarrassing me.

So in your world, God isn't God, and another guy is God, and Satan is God under anther word. :D This stuff is hilarious!!
Isaiah‬ ‭5:20-21‬ ‭
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!​
‭‭

‭‭​
You're reading a translation :rolleyes:
Your quote is also from the Old Testament (Hebrew, not Greek or Aramaic - of which the New Testament is).

Transliterated it says "I am YHWH and there is none else; no Elohim besides me. I girded thee, thou thou hast not known me"

The word God isn't anywhere to be found there.

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes And clever in their own sight!​
‭‭
Exactly, and if you're calling "Yahweh" good (by your logic) then you're calling evil good. See how this works?

Calling "Allah" "Satan" does you no good, when actually since the very beginning of Christianity people have called the deity of the Old Testament "Satan" (or related terms). The same arguments you you possibly make against "Allah" can be made against the deity of the Old Testament.
The difference although, is that you don't understand Islamic theology at all and have wild false assumptions that do not match Islam. In fact, everything points towards Christianity being the wrong one (you worship a mere man who was murdered afterall, any sane person would have massive problems - aside from how God is not a person in the Old Testament)

Lisa

Superstar
You're reading a translation :rolleyes:
Your quote is also from the Old Testament (Hebrew, not Greek or Aramaic - of which the New Testament is).

Transliterated it says "I am YHWH and there is none else; no Elohim besides me. I girded thee, thou thou hast not known me"

The word God isn't anywhere to be found there.
Yet my Bible says that..I’ll keep to it, thanks. There’s is no God besides the God of the Bible...allah is not the God of the Bible...he is not Yahweh.

Yet my Bible says that..I’ll keep to it, thanks. There’s is no God besides the God of the Bible...allah is not the God of the Bible...he is not Yahweh.
Full circle again.

What is God?
How is "Yahweh" God?
How is Jesus "Yahweh"?

Either you believe in God or you don't.
By saying the above you assert that you believe in something that isn't God.

I believe in God, not in any spacemen, superguys or cosmicfairies. That is my position, my view.

If you really want to say anything meaningful, then explain (in high detail) what you even mean when you say the word "God" or "I believe in God". What defines "God" from "not-God" in your worldview?
What is and isn't qualities or attributes of God, how can they be verified, how can a not-god be shown to be false and a "true-god" be shown to be true. Etc.

I expect 500 words. Make it a good essay. Thank you Lisa.

Lisa

Superstar
Full circle again.

What is God?

Either you believe in God or you don't.
By saying the above you assert that you believe in something that isn't God.

I believe in God, not in any spacemen, superguys or cosmicfairies. That is my position, my view.

If you really want to say anything meaningful, then explain (in high detail) what you even mean when you say the word "God" or "I believe in God". What defines "God" from "not-God" in your worldview?
What is and isn't qualities or attributes of God, how can they be verified, how can a not-god be shown to be false and a "true-god" be shown to be true. Etc.

I expect 500 words. Make it a good essay. Thank you Lisa.
Try a different question if you want a different response..

Stephania

Star
‭‭
Stop misquoting Isaiah. Your own self professed dogmas do the very things that you are taking out of the Bible.

But since you seem to like Isaiah so much.. and 'love Israel'... explain this passage from Isaiah to me, in full detail:
'Behold I am going to cut off from Israel both the head and tail. The head being the mighty man, and the tail being the prophet who teaches lies."
Explain. I am waiting..

Lisa

Superstar
If a child can answer it, than surely you can.
I already answered it, I don’t feel the need to repeat myself or give a different reply just because you don’t like what I said. So, if you want a different reply, scimi, than ask a different question.

Lisa

Superstar
Stop misquoting Isaiah. Your own self professed dogmas do the very things that you are taking out of the Bible.

But since you seem to like Isaiah so much.. and love 'Israel'... explain this passage from Isaiah to me, self professed prophetess:
'Behold I am going to cut off from Israel both the head and tail. The head being the mighty man, and the tail being the prophet who teaches lies."
Explain. I am waiting..
How did I misquote Isaiah?

Stephania

Star
How did I misquote Isaiah?
Answer my question about the passage I quoted. Don't divert with a question. You want to talk about Isaiah, and claim to understand the whole book. So explain what God meant in the passage I just asked you about. Even according to you, it doesn't have anything to do with Muslims. You say it's just about Jews and Christians. And the 'true vs. false God'.

Last edited:
For anyone that isn't Lisa:

You have to contextualize Christianity properly or else you'll give self-defeating arguments like the OP. If anything, this shows the deeply problematic nature of prophecy itself (being that it is strongly subjective).

Also this single verse debunks everything you could possibly claim about Isaiah 53:

He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”
- Isaiah 49:3

And Christians wonder why Jews have issues with Christians messing around with the Jewish texts? no wonder, Christians of a certain type revel in this kind of deception.