Coronavirus

Aero

Superstar
I do believe it. I think the corona virus cases are massively under reported. Why ? Because I dont think it is all that different from the flu , I think many people dont even realize they have it. This would make the death rates even far less if what I believe is true. My wife and mother both got really sick 3 weeks ago. Both said they had never felt like that before. I simply got a regular cold. We are all better now, but what's to say we all didn't have the corona virus. Both my wife and mother claimed they had never felt that sick that they can remember. I bet plenty of people have this and dont know it. Its said the vast majority of cases will be mild.
Idk, maybe. I haven't seen anyone sick so I can't really go in on that.

I mentioned how I live in Ohio. Well, it's not much of a tourist destination. So besides having to answer why nobody is actually sick, one would have to answer how it got here in the first place.

justjess

Superstar
Some of the corporations helping per Trump's speech will see their stock rise. It was a record today with concern to the market bouncing back. There are some stock worth buying if you can afford that kind of thing. The fact the US has taken precautions now which is helping the economy stabilize a bit. This whole thing is psy oppy.
Stocks have barely moved bro

Lisa

Superstar
Why? Does my reply not work for you?

Wonder why that might be...

I’ll answer for you. I wouldn’t own a business if I had no costumers Lisa.
Because I asked him the question...your answer didn’t even answer my question anyway.

Last edited:
WAIT IF you're friend got it....then is this whole virus thing real? Like is there an actual virus going around in which we should all be panicking fr about? cuz i thought it was all b.s. and just a cause of 5g in wuhan with crisis actors coming to america.....i'm sure maybe he has the cold/flu but these doctors are telling him its the virus...geez lousie! i pray tho!
I'm in LA and half people are taking it seriously, half are making memes and not taking it seriously. Just wait until they find out a loved one gets it, then it's going to be serious. There's literally a 2 minute away hospital near my school, they been needed to shut down but they decide to do it this Monday for a total of two weeks. Then they claim they may take our Spring Break away from us AND extend school even during our summer break. Sometimes I wish I was born elsewhere.

justjess

Superstar
Because I asked him the question...you’re answer didn’t even answer my question anyway.
He liked my answer, so I take it that was his.

Don’t like when people answer your questions with questions huh?

Helioform

Star
Idk man... like I said ten minutes later I got laid off when there isn’t a single case in the county where I work and only one In The county where I live.
Sorry to know that. People are going crazy everywhere for no good reason. If anyone does the math there is no way in hell that 50% or more are going to be infected so there is no need to quarantine people. But some of those nutjobs like Merkel say even 70% for Germany.

They should only quarantine the elderly because they are the only ones at real risk. For people under 50 the death rate is about <0.3% which is roughly the same as the flu.

Helioform

Star
If you want to make money with stocks, short them. Simple as that. If you do not know what shorting means it simply means selling stock that you do not own, by borrowing.

justjess

Superstar
Sorry to know that. People are going crazy everywhere for no good reason. If anyone does the math there is no way in hell that 50% or more are going to be infected so there is no need to quarantine people. But some of those nutjobs like Merkel say even 70% for Germany.

They should only quarantine the elderly because they are the only ones at real risk. For people under 50 the death rate is about <0.3% which is roughly the same as the flu.
I think they are saying without action and prevention 50% will get it.. most of whom will barely feel sick but can carry it to people for whom it will be a serious problem. Apparantly, our health systems can’t handle the anticipated amount for whom there will be a serious problem without preventative measures.

Idk why that woman said 100 million people.. she was probably a crack pot. But she spooked me.

justjess

Superstar
If you want to make money with stocks, short them. Simple as that. If you do not know what shorting means it simply means selling stock that you do not own, by borrowing.

I am a bit more worried about the elderly who’s retirements are going up in smoke atm.

Helioform

Star
I am a bit more worried about the elderly who’s retirements are going up in smoke atm.
That is pretty sad but nobody should put stocks in retirement investment anyway. You never know when the market is going to tank and lose much. This is what happens when people buy the media and finance "experts"'s bullshit.

justjess

Superstar
That is pretty sad but nobody should put stocks in retirement investment anyway. You never know when the market is going to tank and lose much. This is what happens when people buy the media and finance "experts"'s bullshit.
I called my mother this morning to see if she had moved her money somewhere safer.. she told me no. She was going to call and see her options today. That should have been done like two weeks ago. They prey on the trusting.

And whether it is right or not this is the reality for many many elderly people right now - they are vulnerable to the disease, and they are losing the money they need to survive. The rest of us have time to bounce back.. they really don’t.

Aero

Superstar
I’ll wait for Aero’s reply.
Jess said what I was going to say.

Any business lives or dies by supply and demand. Which BTW can be a very tight rope to walk on. That's why we are seeing supply shortages now. Think about it Lisa, if you are walking on a rope, you are at the mercy of the rope.

Maybe that was a bad analogy. Let me put it like this. As someone who works in retail, the demand for my job just went up a lot. Because the demand for consumer products is up. And sure, it doesn't make sense everyone is crowded around the grocery stores, but it's what's happening.

Idk man... like I said ten minutes later I got laid off when there isn’t a single case in the county where I work and only one In The county where I live.
they are definately shutting things down. Even here in Canada certain businesses are shutting down in the industry I work in. Things are being delayed or put back by 2 weeks. I just got word that some work I was supposed to do is put back at least 2 weeks.

I see a coordinated worldwide shut down with the media driving all of this. I am yet to see any evidence of any killer disease. What this seems to be is just similar to the flu, effecting mostly the elderly and sick.

I want to stress that with what is most likely massive under reporting of infections, the kill rate will even be much lower than it already is. Unless of course they are classifying corona related deaths under something else.