Coronavirus

justjess

Superstar
It’s heartless to decide that because no one was promised these things we should do nothing to help people have them. To prioritize your own selfish needs over other people’s access to basic things we all take for granted. To not care if a bunch of boomers die twenty years before average life expectancy because you’d rather not be bothered to participate in anything that might help them avoid that death. #heartless

Lisa

Superstar
It’s heartless to decide that because no one was promised these things we should do nothing to help people have them. To prioritize your own selfish needs over other people’s access to basic things we all take for granted. To not care if a bunch of boomers die twenty years before average life expectancy because you’d rather not be bothered to participate in anything that might help them avoid that death. #heartless
If we aren’t promised them...how can I help someone have them?

It’s not selfish to provide for ones own family..and that’s what keeping the economy open would have done...now we have or will have a worse problem with so many out of work. That’s not good.

I do care if people die..but you can’t tell me that they would have lived longer...that’s not possible to predict.
You say they could have but you have no absolute idea if they could have.

Lisa

Superstar
They don’t shut down the world economy for nothing. It was here longer than thought and I just have a hunch. They’ve told us it’s not going away soon, no reason not to believe it. Doesn’t mean I accept “the narrative” about this either.

That is the reason to get a flu shot and a reason for those not a risk to get it, but this is killing them at a much higher rate than the flu, so what the hell was the point of that statement?

Elian Gonzalez, right wingers went ape shit to make sure he could stay in America. Literally the only non white immigrant you all ever cared about. I know you remember it.
Yep, its not going away soon..but I wonder if Biden wins then...it will go away, cause that man can’t even string two words together let alone how to get through this crisis.

I don’t believe it is killing them at a much higher rate than the flu.

I remember that situation..but I don’t remember making my opinion about it known here.

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
This is of personal interest to me. Now it does seem to indicate you have less chance of hospitalization if you smoke, but that if you are hospitalized with it, smoking makes it worse.

I can only guess at to what this means but maybe all poison in cigarettes prevents the virus from taking hold.
It's all the pesticides, chemicals, and bleach. Score one for us smokers!

Lisa

Superstar
1. #delusion

2. . see 1.)

3. doesn’t matter I know your politics so I know how you ( or your husband if your married at the time ) feels about it so..
1.) That’s always been my theory..they’ve killed the economy to crush trump.

2.) Maybe..Just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

3.) I am married..but you don’t know how he thinks about things..mostly because you are always wrong about what I actually say.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
She’s an expert now..because she married a billionaire?

Melinda Gates slams Trump administration for creating 'chaos' and showing lack of leadership in coronavirus response

JohnnyBgood

Rookie
She’s an expert now..because she married a billionaire?

Melinda Gates slams Trump administration for creating 'chaos' and showing lack of leadership in coronavirus response
So is the enemy of my enemy my friend? Or my enemy :confused:
She's just doing damage control for Bill and trying to appeal to the masses since everyone is agreeing with us Tin Foil Hatters now...

Cintra

Star
I don’t sound pleased at all.. just matter of fact.

My whole point is that older people die and maybe this was their time to die...not because of covid..but because it was.
A misunderstanding then.

You sometimes come across as taking a lascivious delight in the misfortunes of others.
Like 'I'm alright, Jack. But I wouldn't like to be you'.

In this case the 'you' would be boomers like me.
Like it is ok if I get sick and die cos I am a boomer, so should die anyway.
But you don't care because you aren't a boomer and you can have a little schadenfreude moment about my misfortune.

Or that's how it comes across sometimes.

Cintra

Star
Maybe, I’m more interested in philosophy and politics so I don’t know. From what I understood of it, it doesn’t change objective reality or grant you wishes, but does provide you with the focus to make your best life.
Thank you for ignoring my horrible typo.

The practice of occultism (like prayer) seems to be an effort to make things happen the way you want. By begging, cajoling, or commanding 'higher powers' to arrange the world as the practitioner wishes it to be.

Aero

Superstar
Masks work. But according to the CDC 9,200 health care professionals have been infected with Covid-19. Also, those numbers are understated because health care workers showing mild symptoms or asymptomatic are less likely to be tested.

justjess

Superstar
Masks work. But according to the CDC 9,200 health care professionals have been infected with Covid-19. Also, those numbers are understated because health care workers showing mild symptoms or asymptomatic are less likely to be tested.
I think if you dig into those numbers your going to find a lot of them didn’t have the ppe they needed. Plus that’s extended exposure in a highly transmissible environment. Your increasing the odds even with something to help remediate the risk.

Aero

Superstar
I think if you dig into those numbers your going to find a lot of them didn’t have the ppe they needed. Plus that’s extended exposure in a highly transmissible environment. Your increasing the odds even with something to help remediate the risk.
Right. Because the best country in the world can't get proper masks in the middle of a pandemic. The CDC chose the bargain bin route of using sub-par masks. Then they recommend citizens to use the same faulty masks, that BTW was in no way designed to stop a virus.

I'm tired of the fallacy that a busted fence is better protection than no fence. Because it literally makes no sense, but mainly because it speaks to the cost-cutting mentality of our cheap-ass culture.

Health officials in Ohio have said they found Covid-19 cases from January. So we are now 4 months into this thing, and people are still using these shit masks. How the hell can we expect a vaccine when procuring masks is too difficult?

justjess

Superstar
Right. Because the best country in the world can't get proper masks in the middle of a pandemic. The CDC chose the bargain bin route of using sub-par masks. Then they recommend citizens to use the same faulty masks, that BTW was in no way designed to stop a virus.

I'm tired of the fallacy that a busted fence is better protection than no fence. Because it literally makes no sense, but mainly because it speaks to the cost-cutting mentality of our cheap-ass culture.

Health officials in Ohio have said they found Covid-19 cases from January. So we are now 4 months into this thing, and people are still using these shit masks. How the hell can we expect a vaccine when procuring masks is too difficult?
I agree with you. This is an embarrassing failure. A business owner reported he offered to make something like a million masks a week for the feds back months ago and they never got back to him so he’s been shipping them overseas. It’s a disgrace.im just saying that healthcare workers getting infected isn’t proof masks don’t work, most of them didn’t have masks or had faulty ones etc.

We can’t expect a vaccine lol. They’ve never been able to successfully make a vaccine for a corona virus ever. It’s just something their saying to keep people calm or make themselves look like they’re trying to do something (and funnel money to friends) when they are doing no such thing.

I have to go back to work next week and I’ve been flat out told I can wear a mask but I can’t require my client to, which defeats the whole entire purpose. It’s all a bunch of bullshit.

Lisa

Superstar
So is the enemy of my enemy my friend? Or my enemy :confused:
She's just doing damage control for Bill and trying to appeal to the masses since everyone is agreeing with us Tin Foil Hatters now...
Haha..no doubt! We figured this one out.

I thought it was more a pile on trump..since trump really is having a hard time trying to get out of this one. I don’t know how you walk people back from the edge myself...that’s a hard job. I guess even Macron in France is having problems..but at least he doesn’t have another election for 2 years..trumps reelection is in a matter of months...I get his frustration.

Lisa

Superstar
Colorado restaurant is shut down by health officials after illegally opening its doors to dozens of diners without face masks in defiance of Covid-19 lockdown rules
  • Video taken inside Castle Rock's C&C Coffee and Kitchen was shared online
  • It shows crowds of people waiting for their food, many without masks
  • Owner April Arellano said: 'So much for...people saying nobody would show up'
  • But Colorado Gov. Jared Polis' office slammed the business for breaking the law