Coronavirus

rainerann

Star
maybe I’m bored but I looked up how much an icu visit costs while on a ventilator versus without. I knew it was a lot because the cost of the nurses is factored in and icu nurses are on the high end of the pay scale for nurses.

it turns out that someone did a study on this subject in 2005.

Mean intensive care unit cost and length of stay were 31,574 +/- 42,570 dollars and 14.4 days +/- 15.8 for patients requiring mechanical ventilation and 12,931 +/- 20,569 dollars and 8.5 days +/- 10.5 for those not requiring mechanical ventilation. Daily costs were greatest on intensive care unit day 1 (mechanical ventilation, 10,794 dollars; no mechanical ventilation, 6,667 dollars), decreased on day 2 (mechanical ventilation:, 4,796 dollars; no mechanical ventilation, 3,496 dollars), and became stable after day 3 (mechanical ventilation, 3,968 dollars; no mechanical ventilation, 3,184 dollars).”

i don’t know how much more this would be in the year 2020, but just so everyone is aware. Hospitals are not making extra money putting people on ventilators for covid. They are making enough to cover their costs since they wouldn’t be reimbursed at all without a way to code the patients stay since covid didn’t exist as a billing code before a couple of months ago.

Lisa

Superstar
Why haven’t we seen more articles like this one, I wonder? Also, my daughter always told me that people would go to the er for sore throats...many of those people maybe decided that they didn’t have an emergency after all?

Second, I worry about non-coronavirus care. While the inpatient units remain busy with sick COVID-19 patients, our ER has been quiet for more than a week. We usually average 240 patients a day. For the last week, we averaged fewer than 100. That means our patients in this diverse, low-income community are afraid to come to the ER for non-COVID care.

Gotham-wide, the number of 911 ambulance runs declined to 3,320 on April 18, down from a peak of 6,527 on March 30, according to New York Fire Department data. The current nadir is significantly below the average.

A large share of those staying home surely have emergency medical and surgical conditions not related to the novel coronavirus. The growing numbers dying at home during this crisis must include fatal myocardial infarctions, asthma exacerbations, bacterial infections and strokes.
1588091520700.gif
Why NYC failed on coronavirus response while Seattle succeeded: report
Meanwhile, our pediatric volume in the ER has practically disappeared. Visits to primary-care pediatricians are also down, with vaccine schedules falling behind. Everyone seems to be avoiding the health system — an important and unfortunate consequence of the stay-at-home strategy.

Third, inordinate fear misguides the public response. While COVID-19 is serious, fear of it is being over-amplified. The public needs to understand that the vast majority of infected people do quite well.

Lisa

Superstar
It is my new avatar, isn't it? It's a bit too much... should I go to another one? Questions we ask when being ignored on the VC Covidvirus thread...:)
I like it...but I know I don’t count...

Awoken2

Superstar
The sound.of whistle blowing is getting louder and louder.....removed from YT.....for obvious reasons.

Lisa

Superstar
The sound.of whistle blowing is getting louder and louder.....removed from YT.....for obvious reasons.

From the first comment off your link...
Imagine how small this whole thing would be if we had no media and people only went to hospital due to actually being sick.

Top Bronx ER doctor calls for New York to end lockdown because people are scared of coming to hospital in case they catch coronavirus and are dying at home from strokes and asthma attacks

A 37-year-old California man who died of a drug overdose has been added to the novel coronavirus death toll.
Last month, a 61-year-old Pennsylvania man who died from a head injury and tested positive for COVID-19 was added to the coronavirus death toll, too.

What is the relationship between this news and graphics?

Lesson: Illuminati Psy-ops

rainerann

Star

This was a great video. One lady has a sign that says, "the who is the poo"

Another lady was speaking, but she had to leave because her kids were sick and in the car so they didn't get sick from being around all the people's cellphones because you know, 5g.

Last edited:

Cintra

Star
Govenment figures showing that the number of registered deaths up to 17th April are still above the 5 year average.

I would like to see the 10, 20 and 50 year averages too.

But anyway, for what its worth...

Why haven’t we seen more articles like this one, I wonder? Also, my daughter always told me that people would go to the er for sore throats...many of those people maybe decided that they didn’t have an emergency after all?

Second, I worry about non-coronavirus care. While the inpatient units remain busy with sick COVID-19 patients, our ER has been quiet for more than a week. We usually average 240 patients a day. For the last week, we averaged fewer than 100. That means our patients in this diverse, low-income community are afraid to come to the ER for non-COVID care.

Gotham-wide, the number of 911 ambulance runs declined to 3,320 on April 18, down from a peak of 6,527 on March 30, according to New York Fire Department data. The current nadir is significantly below the average.

A large share of those staying home surely have emergency medical and surgical conditions not related to the novel coronavirus. The growing numbers dying at home during this crisis must include fatal myocardial infarctions, asthma exacerbations, bacterial infections and strokes.
View attachment 35619
Why NYC failed on coronavirus response while Seattle succeeded: report
Meanwhile, our pediatric volume in the ER has practically disappeared. Visits to primary-care pediatricians are also down, with vaccine schedules falling behind. Everyone seems to be avoiding the health system — an important and unfortunate consequence of the stay-at-home strategy.

Third, inordinate fear misguides the public response. While COVID-19 is serious, fear of it is being over-amplified. The public needs to understand that the vast majority of infected people do quite well.
Little by little reports are popping up with medical employees. Just gotta search for them :)

A relative passed away last Thursday unrelated to covid. He passed out in his bedroom, wife called 911, EMTs arrived and wouldn’t touch him. They didn’t attempt to do any CPR. Prior to his death, his doctor through a “virtual visit” told him not to go to the hospital and to take more of the antibiotics he was on. This is far worse than the virus.

Lisa

Superstar
Little by little reports are popping up with medical employees. Just gotta search for them :)

A relative passed away last Thursday unrelated to covid. He passed out in his bedroom, wife called 911, EMTs arrived and wouldn’t touch him. They didn’t attempt to do any CPR. Prior to his death, his doctor through a “virtual visit” told him not to go to the hospital and to take more of the antibiotics he was on. This is far worse than the virus.
Ya, they don’t go along with the narrative...I think if people heard about those too perhaps they would be able to think rationally not emotionally about things...but then again..that might be giving some people too much credit.

That’s sad to hear...sorry for your loss. :(
I agree...that is far worse than the virus.

rainerann

Star
People are falling for fake doctor videos now LOL

"Woke" more like willfully naive.
I don't think they are fake. The one above that says, respiratory doctor actually says he is a respiratory therapist. It's just that the people posting them don't know the difference. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference when you listen to what he says, but it shows that people are very easily hyped by what they don't know about the medical field.

manama

Star
I don't think they are fake. The one above that says, respiratory doctor actually says he is a respiratory therapist. It's just that the people posting them don't know the difference. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference when you listen to what he says, but it shows that people are very easily hyped by what they don't know about the medical field.
Its not just that, there were recently cases of nurses being attacked PPE being stolen and people sneaking into hospitals dressed up as nurses. I wouldn't expect these people to not use those make fake videos.

But yes people are quick to get hyped.

manama

Star
Have you heard about algorithms. They remove or block content if you write directly what your content is about.
Yes they check the content manually or have AI do the work for them.
No they don't. Thats not how the youtube algorithm works.