Christ’s Second Coming according to the Bible.

phipps

Star
What additional warning does Christ give?

Luke 21:34-36
says, But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

While we wait for Jesus, how should we live?

Titus 2:11-14
says, “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.”

Tidal

Star
..once we die that is it. God will judge us on all the choices we made when we are alive. No one is going to get a second to chance to change heir minds about Christ after they die.

Yes I totally agree. But what about Jews? They seem to think that God will give them - and only them - a second chance to repent because they're his 'chosen people'.

Thunderian

Superstar
Yes I totally agree. But what about Jews? They seem to think that God will give them - and only them - a second chance to repent because they're his 'chosen people'.
They do? Where do you find this?

phipps

Star
The Jews were chosen but that ended 2000 years ago just after Jesus was crucified because they rejected God for the last time. Just like the world is not going to sin and reject God forever, the Jews were not going to disobey and reject God forever. The gospel was taken to the Gentiles and to the whole world. Jews had/have to come to Christ individually like we all have to do. They are not going to be treated differently and given more chances than the rest of the world. God shows no partiality. The Bible says, “Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him” (Acts 10:34-35 ). Jews have to accept Christ as their personal Saviour while they are still alive and before Jesus returns the second time or they will be lost eternally just like all of us.

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
The Jews were chosen but that ended 2000 years ago just after Jesus was crucified because they rejected God for the last time.
You are a liar.

Romans 11:1– I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

phipps

Star
More on what will happen to the wicked/rejectors of God when Christ Returns.

When Christ returns, those who chose to reject Him will be slain, and the nations will be destroyed.

"And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of His wrath has come” (Revelation 6:15-17).

"The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads of many countries" (Psalm 110:5-6).

There will be no peace or joy at the Second Coming of Christ for those who have ignored the mercy of Christ and sought to destroy His saints. These people will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming. The Lord is not a respecter of earthly positions. Even the rulers of nations will have to give an account for their actions. Then the wicked one, the man of sin, will be revealed for what he is.

"And then shall the wicked be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming" (2 Thessalonians 2:8).

"And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground" (Jeremiah 25:33).

These people will not be gathered, lamented, or buried because no living being will remain on Earth. God's people will have been taken to heaven and everyone else will be dead.

"I beheld the earth, and indeed it was without form, and void; And the heavens, they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and indeed they trembled, And all the hills moved back and forth. I beheld, and indeed there was no man, And all the birds of the heavens had fled. I beheld, and indeed the fruitful land was a wilderness, and all its cities were broken down at the presence of the LORD, By His fierce anger. For thus says the LORD: “The whole land shall be desolate; Yet I will not make a full end. For this shall the earth mourn, And the heavens above be black, Because I have spoken. I have purposed and will not relent, Nor will I turn back from it" (Jeremiah 4:23-28).

“I will utterly consume everything from the face of the land,” Says the LORD; “I will consume man and beast; I will consume the birds of the heavens, The fish of the sea, And the stumbling blocks along with the wicked. I will cut off man from the face of the land,” Says the LORD" (Zephaniah 1:2-3).

For more information about the destruction of all things, see Psalm 21:10, 37:10, 110:5-6; Isaiah 24:1-3, and Hebrews 10:26-27.

TokiEl

Superstar
You're just mixing random bible verses into a big mess.

It's noise.

phipps

Star
Satan is telling many falsehoods regarding the second coming of Christ and, with lying wonders and miracles, will deceive millions. How can we be certain we won't be deceived?

“They are spirits of demons, performing signs [miracles]” (Revelation 16:14).

“False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect” (Matthew 24:24).

“To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them” (Isaiah 8:20).

Satan has invented many false teachings about the second coming and is deceiving millions into believing that Christ has already come or that He will come in a manner not consistent with the Bible’s teachings. But Christ has warned us of Satan’s strategy, saying, “Take heed that no one deceives you” (Matthew 24:4). He has exposed Satan’s falsehoods so we can be forewarned, and He reminds us, “See, I have told you beforehand” (Matthew 24:25). For example, Jesus stated specifically that He will not appear in the desert or come to a séance chamber (verse 26). There is no reason to be deceived if we learn what God teaches about Christ’s second coming. People who know what the Bible says about the second coming will not be led astray by Satan. All others will be deceived.

TokiEl

Superstar
God's wrath begins at the breaking of the 6th seal.

God's chosen will not suffer God's wrath.

TokiEl

Superstar
Christians think they are all chosen because they are christians... but no not all christians are chosen... in fact very few are chosen.

That means most christians will have to endure the tribulation... which is about 3.5 years.

They have to be here and witness the nuclear war.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
So you just sit down and shut up... when the shepherde is speaking.

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- Jews seem to think that God will give them - and only them - a second chance to repent because they're his 'chosen people'.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do? Where do you find this?...
Romans 11:1– I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

People post in VC from time to time saying God will forgive the jews because they're his 'chosen people'.
Wrong, the only people on earth who God will forgive are true Christians, so the only way jews and all other nonchristians to get into heaven would be for them to become christians before they die.
"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:29-31)

Tidal

Star
Christians think they are all chosen because they are christians... but no not all christians are chosen... in fact very few are chosen.
That means most christians will have to endure the tribulation... which is about 3.5 years.
They have to be here and witness the nuclear war.

1- no true Christian thinks they're automatically chosen, even Paul admitted he didn't know if he was chosen himself-
Paul said-"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)

2- Yes, the End Times will be rough and Christians will have to endure it too, but at least we'll be able to help people in distress..:)
"Wars, rumours of wars, false christs, earthquakes, famines, persecutions, darkened sun and moon, falling stars, shaken planets.
Pray that this will not take place in winter, because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning until now, and never to be equalled again.
If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive.
But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.
Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.

What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!" (Jesus of Nazareth, Mark ch 13)

phipps

Star
How can we be certain we’ll be ready when Jesus comes back?

“The one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out” (John 6:37).

“As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12).

“I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts” (Hebrews 8:10).

“Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57).

Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in” (Revelation 3:20). Through the Holy Spirit, Jesus knocks and asks to come into our hearts so that He can change our lives. If we turn your lives over to Him, He will erase all our sins (Romans 3:25) and give us the power to live godly lives (Philippians 2:13). As a free gift, He bestows upon us His own righteous character so we can stand unafraid before a holy God. Doing His will becomes a pleasure. It is so simple that many doubt its reality, but it’s true. Our part is simply to give our lives to Christ and let Him live within us. His part is to work the mighty miracle within us that changes our lives and prepares us for His second coming. It is a free gift. We need only to accept it.

TokiEl

Superstar
1- no true Christian thinks they're automatically chosen, even Paul admitted he didn't know if he was chosen himself-
Paul said-"I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)
There are christians who are chosen to not suffer God's wrath upon the earth... and they are the elect which word means chosen.

They don't know yet if they are among the elect... but they can pray and hope for that.

Most christians must endure here on earth and hopefully be martyred... so they can rise again as angels at the resurrection.

TokiEl

Superstar
People post in VC from time to time saying God will forgive the jews because they're his 'chosen people'.
Wrong, the only people on earth who God will forgive are true Christians, so the only way jews and all other nonchristians to get into heaven would be for them to become christians before they die.
"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:29-31)
Jesus is the Judge.

You say only true christians will be forgiven... but what about people who lived before Jesus Christ ?

And what about people who lived around the world at the time and also after Jesus Christ ?

They didn't even know about Him and so they cannot be true christians... so what about them ?

Tidal

Star
There are christians who are chosen to not suffer God's wrath upon the earth... and they are the elect which word means chosen.
They don't know yet if they are among the elect... but they can pray and hope for that.
Most christians must endure here on earth and hopefully be martyred... so they can rise again as angels at the resurrection.

Christians (the elect) will be in the Endworld Apocalypse just like everybody else-
Jesus said- "If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive.
But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.." (Mark ch 13)

Tidal

Star
You say only true christians will be forgiven... but what about people who lived before Jesus Christ ?
And what about people who lived around the world at the time and also after Jesus Christ ?
They didn't even know about Him and so they cannot be true christians... so what about them ?

God and Jesus have been around forever-
Jesus said:- "Father you loved me before the creation of the world" (John 17:24)
So we can regard the holy spirit as something that has always filled the universe-
God said- "Am I only a nearby God? Can you hide? I fill heaven and earth" (Jeremiah 23:23/4)
So even before Jesus arrived on earth, the holy spirit was there for people to tap into if they tried, and no doubt some did manage it, but to make it less difficult, Jesus arrived to give us a helping hand.

PS- Helen Keller contracted suspected meningitis as a baby which left her deaf and blind for the rest of her life.
She learned to communicate by tapping her fingers on people's hands, and when she was asked as an adult- "What was it like to be told about Jesus for the first time?", she replied "I always knew he was there"

TokiEl

Superstar
Christians (the elect) will be in the Endworld Apocalypse just like everybody else-
Jesus said- "If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive.
But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.." (Mark ch 13)
Well the elect will be sealed at the time of God's wrath... and they are together with Jesus when He returns before the breaking of the 7th seal.

Last edited: