Burning Man 2017 Symbolism

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'm sure many people have picked up on it but I'm interested in what others have noticed about the symbolism in the Burning Man festival...

I saw this and I was surprised how blatant things are becoming!!!

burning-man.jpg

SpectralIX

Rookie
"The word Merkaba or Merkava - Hebrew 'Chariot' or 'to ride an animal, in a chariot' - is used in the Bible (Ezekiel 1:4-26) to refer to the throne-chariot of God, the four-wheeled vehicle driven by four Cherubim, each of which has four wings and four faces (of a man, lion, ox, and eagle). Merkabah/Merkavah Mysticism (or Chariot mysticism) is a school of early Jewish mysticism, c. 100 BCE-1000 BCE, centered on visions such as those found in the Book of Ezekiel chapter 1, or in the hekhalot ("palaces") literature, concerning stories of ascents to the heavenly palaces and the Throne of God. The main corpus of the Merkabah literature was composed in Israel in the period 200-700 CE, although later references to the Chariot tradition can also be found in the literature of the Chassidei Ashkenaz in the Middle Ages. A major text in this tradition is the Maaseh Merkabah (Works of the Chariot)." http://www.crystalinks.com/merkaba.html

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
"The word Merkaba or Merkava - Hebrew 'Chariot' or 'to ride an animal, in a chariot' - is used in the Bible (Ezekiel 1:4-26) to refer to the throne-chariot of God, the four-wheeled vehicle driven by four Cherubim, each of which has four wings and four faces (of a man, lion, ox, and eagle). Merkabah/Merkavah Mysticism (or Chariot mysticism) is a school of early Jewish mysticism, c. 100 BCE-1000 BCE, centered on visions such as those found in the Book of Ezekiel chapter 1, or in the hekhalot ("palaces") literature, concerning stories of ascents to the heavenly palaces and the Throne of God. The main corpus of the Merkabah literature was composed in Israel in the period 200-700 CE, although later references to the Chariot tradition can also be found in the literature of the Chassidei Ashkenaz in the Middle Ages. A major text in this tradition is the Maaseh Merkabah (Works of the Chariot)." http://www.crystalinks.com/merkaba.html
Very interesting - it certainly begs the deeper question -

"how do distinguish an original from its copy?"

Aero

Superstar
I think that pride could make someone run into a fire. People try to jump over bonfires and do stuff like that all the time. None of them are trying to hurt themselves. Pride convinces them they can do it, and be fine.

The Zone

Star
Yeah. I am just tuning in and learning more about this. I am surprised I have not beamed into it before now. The images certainly promote hedonism,but nobody can seem to agree on just what this gathering is about. Anyhow, I will backtrack and watch the videos now.

Last edited:

Violette

Star
idk what the significance of burning man is but I've been to a burn before. Almost everyone there are pagan/new age/hippies, men and women share bathrooms, sex is so open it's suggested that you bring proof of STD checks. People gather for the music and community. They have small burns all over all year that lead up to burning man. I think burns and festivals are created for ritualistic purposes that the consumer doesn't realize. I have no proof to back it up but I read once that the music they play can summon entities and they feed off the energy of the crowd.

I must admit that I wondered if the secular media concentrating on the hedonistic practices and drug usage forgot about the alternative spirituality that is behind the event. https://the-numinous.com/burning-man/

From the human perspective only he will know what triggered that decision.

I live in Carson city, Nevada. Pretty much everyone under the age of 50 or so has been to burning man. I'm 23 and when I was a stripper, most of my friends went to burning man, and so did their friends, and their friends friends. It's a huge community in the west.

To me, I see the hedonism as a byproduct of the spiritual conditioning. These people truly internalize what they learn here, and there is far more than music. There are workshops, group yoga sessions, and huge tantric sessions. It is much, much more than just art and music although those things definitely cement the overall experience.

I cannot even articulate how serious "burners" take this event. Many of them quite literally live for it. They spend the entire year collecting outfits, things for their bikes and vehicles and trailers, and so forth. They wait until the exact minute that tickets go on sale. They talk about it year round and they form their entire life philosophies upon their experiences and the people they meet there.
It is RIFE with spiritual deception- sacred geometry everywhere you look, mysticism, Kabbalah and occult ideology woven into new age philosophies, which I guess are one and the same.

Most videos I've heard on yt hone in on the debauchery, but do not touch on the spiritual aspect, so I suppose they don't truly understand what goes on there. This event literally leads people down a rabbit hole that many absolutely refuse to come out of. They start using crystals religiously, tarot cards, and psychedelic drugs.

It is quite literally its own community and religion, and it's starting to seep into dozens of other festivals that are popping up all over the country. If you check out the face books and insta grams of millenials, the vast majority are attending these music festivals, and are adopting the philosophies and doctrine into their everyday lives.

They also heavily push moral relativism, tapping into "Christ consciousness" and of the "ascended masters", opening of the third eye, etc. They are constantly talking about the inner light, god within, do what thou wilt. The houses of the people I knew who worshipped at the alter of the burning man, where they do basically a cremation of care ritual, were filled with eastern religious idols, sage, pagan imagery.

As a matter of fact, their little cremation of care ritual is something I never hear people talk about. One of my old friends who goes to burning man every single year told me that everyone writes something that has been bothering them, bringing in "bad vibes" "negative energy" and they throw the paper into the fire that burns the giant effigy, and the universe accepts it and returns positivity.