BTS discussion thread

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established

An even more serious article.
Wow he was quite intoxicated! And he is actually subject to criminal charges. I wonder what will happen next?

The crazy part to me though is that some netizens seem to be more angry and alarmed by the fact that he initially lied by saying he only had one drink. And that for lying he should leave the group…Seriously though? Yeah he was wrong for lying, but this is not the most serious issue here.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
being in SK , his reputation would be ruined even he apologized, i hope i'm wrong, but i didn't see nothing good on the horizon..
Yea he really really messed up seriously. And when we mess up badly the consequences can be very bitter. Hopefully he is able to come out ok in the end, after the investigation is over, he accepts his punishment and everything gets settled.

e-Enoch

Superstar

theartbook35

Veteran
The amount of fine won't be a problem to him...it's the possible jail time that's dreadful...
He's lost his privilege to drive for at least two years. He'll have to pay a fine. His reputation is plenty damaged. He'll possibly have to go to court while serving in the military, and any missed days I'd imagine he'd have to make up.

If he's given jail time, which is a very real possibility, would he serve time after military discharge or have to pause military to go to jail? I have no knowledge of how this would work.

Plus, sources say it was more like a motor bike, such as moped, not a typical e-scooter. What bugs me more is that him saying he didn't know he couldn't do that on an electric scooter, is just, you really expect us to believe that? All common sense went out the window.

e-Enoch

Superstar
He's lost his privilege to drive for at least two years. He'll have to pay a fine. His reputation is plenty damaged. He'll possibly have to go to court whole serving in the military, and any missed days I'd imagine he'd have to make up.

If he's given jail time, which is a very real possibility, would he serve time after military discharge or have to pause military to go to jail? I have no knowledge of how this would work.

Plus, sources say it was more like a motor bike, such as moped, not a typical e-scooter. What bugs me more is that him saying he didn't know he couldn't do that on an electric scooter, is just, you really expect us to believe that? All common sense went out the window.
He told lies...that created more problems for himself and Hybe...Sometimes I think about the possibility that he wanted to deliberately sabotage his own career and the group, itself...It does appear that he is going through some inner turmoil...

theartbook35

Veteran
He told lies...that created more problems for himself and Hybe...Sometimes I think about the possibility that he wanted to deliberately sabotage his own career and the group, itself...It does appear that he is going through some inner turmoil...
Yeah, this is very out of character for him. He's always been one of the more mature and well-rounded members. It's really been the maknaes and NJ who have been controversial over the years. So this coming from him is surprising.

But I also gotta wonder, if he truly didn't know he couldn't drive a motor bike drunk, then has he done this before? Was this his first time getting caught?

Last edited:

cadiz

Star
he is pretty much over in SK....even if he doesnt go to jail, his reputation is completely ruined

[theqoo][EXCLUSIVE] BTS SUGA'S LEVEL OF ALCOHOL WAS 0.227% "DRUNK" ... CAN SERVE UP TO 5 YEARS IN PRISON ft. ALCOHOL LEVEL OF OTHER IDOLS WHO COMMITED DUI

the best decision now would be to leave the group

but who knows? we all know international fans will make excuses for him, but in Korea this basically ruins BT5 and their whole image

remember they are supposed to be embassadors for the country, they cant have a criminal as part of the group

e-Enoch

Superstar
Yeah, this is very out of character for him. He's always been one of the more mature and well-rounded members. It's really been the maknaes and NJ would have been controversial over the years. So this coming from him is surprising.

But I also gotta wonder, if he truly didn't know he couldn't drive a motor bike drunk, then has he done this before? Was this his first time getting caught?
It's really hard to believe that he doesn't know...considering the strict traffic rules in SK...perhaps he has this risk-taking, adventuresome side that we don't know about...and that he did it before...but this time he got caught...

theartbook35

Veteran
he is pretty much over in SK....even if he doesnt go to jail, his reputation is completely ruined

[theqoo][EXCLUSIVE] BTS SUGA'S LEVEL OF ALCOHOL WAS 0.227% "DRUNK" ... CAN SERVE UP TO 5 YEARS IN PRISON ft. ALCOHOL LEVEL OF OTHER IDOLS WHO COMMITED DUI

but who knows? we all know international fans will make excuses for him, but in Korea this basically ruins BT5 and their whole image

remember they are supposed to be embassadors for the country, they cant have a criminal as part of the group
He should leave. He'd be popular here in the U.S. for sure, but yeah, in SK he's done.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
Yeah, this is very out of character for him. He's always been one of the more mature and well-rounded members. It's really been the maknaes and NJ who have been controversial over the years. So this coming from him is surprising.

I just think he blew it and made a big mistake like a normal human. Sometimes we act out of character. He most likely screwed up and made the poor, drunken decision to drive that motor bike. And yes, he’s likely done it before.

Was he purposely trying to sabotage his career? I don’t know. But I doubt he’d intentionally bring this much criticism upon himself or the group, especially during his military service.

Was the incident caused by inner turmoil or going through something? Again, I don’t know, but it’s very possible given his history with mental health struggles.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
It's really hard to believe that he doesn't know...considering the strict traffic rules in SK...perhaps he has this risk-taking, adventuresome side that we don't know about...and that he did it before...but this time he got caught...
I think it’s quite possible he wasn’t aware. It’s pretty common to not know all the traffic laws. He might have that risk-taking, adventuresome side though- many young people do. And yea he’s probably done this before without being caught.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established

Yea he definitely doesn’t have any excuse for drunk driving. That ambassador title I think is going to be very tricky for Suga now that he’s done this. I’m doubtful he can still represent South Korea (or really any other country or organization besides maybe AA) honorably. Should he leave the group? I don’t know. I’m not sure how this will be worked out between the company and the other members.

Yoongi is certainly in hot water. But still depending on how he behaves moving forward, I think he can still repair some damage to his reputation.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Yea he definitely doesn’t have any excuse for drunk driving. That ambassador title I think is going to be very tricky for Suga now that he’s done this. I’m doubtful he can still represent South Korea (or really any other country or organization besides maybe AA) honorably. Should he leave the group? I don’t know. I’m not sure how this will be worked out between the company and the other members.

Yoongi is certainly in hot water. But still depending on how he behaves moving forward, I think he can still repair some damage to his reputation.
Sadly, this will result into severely negative consequences for him...But I think Hybe/Bighit will exert every effort to help "redeem" his reputation...though it's going to be an uphill climb in SK...

I don't think he will leave BTS...Perhaps he will be literally working "BTS" (Behind The Scenes) in the meantime (until the heat subsides) but still is a part of the group...

Worst case scenario for him is when he's really pressured to leave BTS...But let me take a wild guess here...Jin will join him in leaving the group...Then V will follow suit...

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
Sadly, this will result into severely negative consequences for him...But I think Hybe/Bighit will exert every effort to help "redeem" his reputation...though it's going to be an uphill climb in SK...

I don't think he will leave BTS...Perhaps he will be literally working "BTS" (Behind The Scenes) in the meantime (until the heat subsides) but still is a part of the group...

Worst case scenario for him is when he's really pressured to leave BTS...But let me take a wild guess here...Jin will join him in leaving the group...Then V will follow suit...
Yea Yoongi is going to have to go through a lot as a result of this- the whole group will as well as the company. It’s so important to be careful with the choices we make. One bad choice can cost us dearly.