BTS discussion thread

e-Enoch

Superstar
BTS created BTS! 'Pop Star Academy: KATSEYE' documentary trailer ignites ARMY fury over HYBE creating the boy group...

The series has been produced by HYBE, Interscope Films, and Boardwalk Pictures and will stream on Netflix on August 21, 2024.

Updated : August 06, 2024 07:38 PM IST
Karen Noronha

Pop Star Academy: KATSEYE

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
BTS created BTS! 'Pop Star Academy: KATSEYE' documentary trailer ignites ARMY fury over HYBE creating the boy group...

The series has been produced by HYBE, Interscope Films, and Boardwalk Pictures and will stream on Netflix on August 21, 2024.

Updated : August 06, 2024 07:38 PM IST
Karen Noronha

It seems like ARMY finds something to cry about every month! Please…:rolleyes:

e-Enoch

Superstar

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
Suga apologises over drunk driving incident amid military service; BTS agency says he will face 'disciplinary action'...

ByAnanya Das
Aug 07, 2024 09:56 AM IST

The BTS rapper said that he violated traffic laws. Suga shared that while parking his electric scooter near his house, he fell down....

Dang I’m embarrassed for him. He’s had to break his silence since he began his service to apologize to fans for drunk driving. I bet he wished he’d called a can home. I guess now he’ll have to get a cab to military service for a while. And I wonder if they will actually punish him or extend his service now that he has driven drunk and gotten his license revoked?

e-Enoch

Superstar
Dang I’m embarrassed for him. He’s had to break his silence since he began his service to apologize to fans for drunk driving. I bet he wished he’d called a can home. I guess now he’ll have to get a cab to military service for a while. And I wonder if they will actually punish him or extend his service now that he has driven drunk and gotten his license revoked?
Ironically...he was caught guilty of DUI while being assigned at the military social services department...

Mambo999

Established
this is more important :O

AYe if it's peer-reviewed, I'm reading that for sure or at least looking into it.

Thanks for finding this!

EDIT: DANG the publisher removed it....well at least we still have the video.

e-Enoch

Superstar
And I have to wonder how this might now affect the future of his series Suchwita? He drinks in that show. It’s the theme of it.
Yeah, that show is basically about "stories" related to drinking and alcohol, in general...It's so intriguing to think what happened to Suga was perhaps a "result" of something somewhat "unfair" for a decision that happened in the past...and he might still be feeling "guilty" about it...
Do you know that the concept of that show was originally Jin's? But Hybe gave the show to Suga, instead...Remember when Jin almost didn’t come as a "guest..."? He was the "hardest" to invite (said he was very busy) at that time...That was a valid excuse, though, as he was about to enlist around that time...But he was super reluctant to guest in the show...he came without make-up wearing a shabby looking sweatshirt...

theartbook35

Veteran

Apparently he won't be punished because it didn't happen during work hours.

And how many times over the years have I talked about him and his not good relationship with alcohol?

Last edited:

theartbook35

Veteran
And I have to wonder how this might now affect the future of his series Suchwita? He drinks in that show. It’s the theme of it.
His relationship with alcohol has never been healthy. JM is definitely worse, JK too. But I think he's had a problem for a long time. Like pre-debut.

I think Suchwita should be cancelled. It's not a good look for him to be drinking on a talk show that's about drinking, after a drunk driving incident.

The people defending him are infuriating me. It makes me think, this can't be the first time he's done that. It's literally a case of "I almost got away with it". And that business of he didn't know he couldn't drive an electric scooter while drunk? Really? You didn't know you couldn't drive drunk? Doesn't matter what vehicle it was, driving drunk is driving drunk.

Last edited:

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
His relationship with alcohol has never been healthy. JM is definitely worse, JK too. But I think he's had a problem for a long time. Like pre-debut.

I think Suchwita should be cancelled. It's not a good look for him to be drinking on a talk show that's about drinking, after a drink driving incident.

The people defending him are infuriating me. It makes me think, this can't be the first time he's done that. It's literally a case of "I almost got away with it". And that business of he didn't know he couldn't drive an electric scooter while drunk? Really? You didn't know you couldn't drive drunk? Doesn't matter what vehicle it was, driving drunk is driving drunk.
Yea I was having a conversation with a friend and suggested that this probably wasn’t the first time Yoongi had done it, but rather the first time he didn’t get away with it. I think it would be smart on his part to view getting caught as a good thing- potentially saving his life and those of others.

It is very inexcusable and indefensible that he drove drunk - which to his credit he fully admitted to and apologized for. And he also had an alcohol level high enough not just to have his license suspended, but revoked. He was very much in the wrong and is fortunate that he didn’t injure himself or others. Yoongi made a serious mistake, but it is still forgivable. It may take a while to repair his reputation, but if he makes good on his apology and doesn’t repeat the offense, he could redeem himself.

minnie82

Superstar
Yea I was having a conversation with a friend and suggested that this probably wasn’t the first time Yoongi had done it, but rather the first time he didn’t get away with it. I think it would be smart on his part to view getting caught as a good thing- potentially saving his life and those of others.

It is very inexcusable and indefensible that he drove drunk - which to his credit he fully admitted to and apologized for. And he also had an alcohol level high enough not just to have his license suspended, but revoked. He was very much in the wrong and is fortunate that he didn’t injure himself or others. Yoongi made a serious mistake, but it is still forgivable. It may take a while to repair his reputation, but if he makes good on his apology and doesn’t repeat the offense, he could redeem himself.
I think he apologize because he got caught