BTS discussion thread

cadiz

Star
Yea KPop will end, but before that happens I imagine something triumphant happening with BTS beforehand- likely in 2025. But who knows.
i think they will probably have a "big comeback" in 2025, but they dont have the same popularity anymore

the last hope was JK but I guess Hybe gave up on him now, because they are sending him to the Army, after all the money they invested in his promo and solo album

besides , I imagine that after 2025, some of them maybe will be getting married, having kids...
they are grown men now so they cant do those childish variety shows forever

e-Enoch

Superstar
well they are all enlisting at the end of the year

i guess they realised they only work as a group.....people in the commments are saying this is a "shame" for JK....but after the bad reviews his album got, I'm not really surprised

[theqoo] RM, JIMIN, V, JUNGKOOK, ENLIST IN DECEMBER.. BTS, RETURN AS A FULL GROUP IN 2025

Comments:

4. Jungkook is in his prime right now, what a shame

5. If you don't think it's a shame for Jungkook to enlist, you're not an all-fan. If you are, then of course you will feel like it's a waste of his career. I feel like if Jungkook was my bias, I'd be throwing up blood. Even so, since this is his decision, I'll have to accept this as an all-fan.

6. It's indeed a waste for Jungkook but it seems like he values his team promotion more. I'm not a fan but I support Bangtan. They're cool
They signed another contract with Bang...so they need to "abide" by the timeplan/workplan of the company... There's no choice but to enlist this year if they target to reconvene as a complete group by June, 2025... Yes, they prefer to work as a group again...coz that's their "brand..." and want to keep it that way... It's their "safe zone..."

Whereas, as individuals, the company wants to "project" that they are "successful" also...But truth is, with all the "manipulations" behind the scenes in terms of charts, sales, and awards...it's all just a "semblance" of it... Not sustainable...

With the coming "absence" of the group...what Bang worries about now, is the investors' sentiment and behavior...

sandonthebeach

Established
Whereas, as individuals, the company wants to "project" that they are "successful" also...But truth is, with all the "manipulations" behind the scenes in terms of charts, sales, and awards...it's all just a "semblance" of it... Not sustainable...
They have tried to boost their individual careers, but I think the only one who has been more or less successful, it's Suga. The rest, not so much, maybe JHope could be next, but the rest...

Btw, Has someone heard about V's album? Well, they claim:

They didn't invest as much money and resources with RM. Does someone remember his latest album?

Is it me or JHope with each passing day, looks more like FtM?

theartbook35

Veteran
They have tried to boost their individual careers, but I think the only one who has been more or less successful, it's Suga. The rest, not so much, maybe JHope could be next, but the rest...

They didn't invest as much money and resources with RM. Does someone remember his latest album?
A while back I had said the only ones who I thought could be successful as solo artists were Tae and YG. Turns out it's just YG, lol, but I think in any case it says a lot about them. Their branding is so heavily focused on being a group of seven that it's nearly impossible for them to break away from that branding. I can't put my finger on why YG can so easily separate himself from BT5, especially since he pushes the OT7 agenda the hardest of them all... maybe it's cause he has so many solo stans and a substantial following from the hip hop community. But that's the only thing I can think of, and I dunno if that's really enough.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
You think so? He’s only had like 1 appearance or a couple of photos since enlisting right? From all that I have ever observed about him, he appears male. He can look very “pretty” in the face, when made up, but he is built/looks like a man.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
i think they will probably have a "big comeback" in 2025, but they dont have the same popularity anymore

the last hope was JK but I guess Hybe gave up on him now, because they are sending him to the Army, after all the money they invested in his promo and solo album

besides , I imagine that after 2025, some of them maybe will be getting married, having kids...
they are grown men now so they cant do those childish variety shows forever
Honestly, I hope they do get a chance to settle down with families and live their life out of the media. If they left the industry and all it’s Satanic ways, I wouldn’t shed any tears. It would be for the best.

cadiz

Star
They signed another contract with Bang...so they need to "abide" by the timeplan/workplan of the company... There's no choice but to enlist this year if they target to reconvene as a complete group by June, 2025... Yes, they prefer to work as a group again...coz that's their "brand..." and want to keep it that way... It's their "safe zone..."

With the coming "absence" of the group...what Bang worries about now, is the investors' sentiment and behavior...
i didnt know they signed a new contract....but yes that explains why they are rushing to enlist right now

if you think about it JK is still pretty young to enlist.....26 years old? you dont have many idols enlisting at that age

cadiz

Star

i think Sugar might be succesful as a host for some variety shows, or music producer
but yeah....the others I really dont know what they can do outside of the group

veee and RM's album?? i dont remember much about them lol

JM only got attention for his bad live performance and JK got all the support from Hybe and still got bad reviews for the album

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established

Ok, so quick question about Yoongi. Public service is 21 months right? He entered service September 22, 2023 and 21 months from that date is June 22, 2025. Wouldn’t this technically push his completion date past their 12th Festa? While it would still be a June return, it would technically be past the 13th which is Festa Day. It would be more of a solstice festival. I wonder if they did this on purpose or if it will not be 21 months exactly in Yoongi’s case, lol. I know Jin enlisted December 13 2022, meaning he will be complete by Festa Day next year. I wonder too when exactly the rest of them are going to leave this year. Hmmm…

I notice if I “cheat” and consider 1 month to be 28 days/4 weeks, Yoongi could be complete in 84 weeks which would be May 2, 2025.

Last edited:

e-Enoch

Superstar
i didnt know they signed a new contract....but yes that explains why they are rushing to enlist right now

if you think about it JK is still pretty young to enlist.....26 years old? you dont have many idols enlisting at that age
By SK law, JK still has until 2027 to enlist in the military... But he is already doing it this year, 2023...Precisely because of that "2nd contract" with Hybe/BigHit...

Something "happened" prior to the "forced & rushed" album-making process, etc...

Remember the wild & wide speculations about him and Vee... opting to leave the company...The months before when JK was "depressed" and making Weverse lives in the dark...telling his fans that the company hasn't been contacting him...And Vee busy with projects with other people...not Hybe-related...
Then all of a sudden...on 20 September 2023, BH announces a "new contract signed" by the BeteeS members...

And so the rush making of the album started...with Vee going abroad to film... as well as JK going to the US...The shock part was when Vee was announced to be produced by Ador (New Jeans label)...Why??? Isn't Vee under contract with BigHit?

Fast forward...JK flies to the US and photos of him with Bang and a Hybe producer are all over the internet...
1700706282952.png

And the rest happened with JK's crappy "Seven" song...Vee's "substandard" standard genre album...and finally JK's album...

Forced...and rushed...the solo albums of the two youngest...

Because they have to already enlist in the military this year...

theartbook35

Veteran
i think Sugar might be succesful as a host for some variety shows, or music producer
but yeah....the others I really dont know what they can do outside of the group

veee and RM's album?? i dont remember much about them lol

JM only got attention for his bad live performance and JK got all the support from Hybe and still got bad reviews for the album
I didn't really pay attention to any solo work any of the others did, besides JH (and YG of course, already have shared my thoughts here about that album). I gave JH's album a couple listens, and at the time when it came out, I liked it. Now however, I'm bored of it. The album did get a lot of attention early on, and sustained that attention for a while, even though promotions weren't that plentiful and people eventually stopped talking about the album a few months later. But aside from YG and J!n, there isn't continuous talk about any of the solo work a few months after release. I'm sure that it will be the same for Tae and JK as time goes on.

And I really, really did think that if Tae released a solo album, that because he's the most popular member, the album would explode in popularity regardless of quality. But nope, that didn't happen. Pretty much everyone seems to have forgotten it. Even a friend of mine who likes Tae a lot, doesn't talk about his solo album anymore. And it's funny to me that his own fans aren't going bonkers for him, given that a couple years ago fans were begging to Tae and JK to release solo albums. There was a huge amount of speculation about what their albums would be about, when they'd be released, all over twitter and tumblr. And now it is radio silence.

In regard to YG as a host or music producer... Producer yes, absolutely. Host? No. I tried to watch the RM episode of his variety show and I was so bored a few minutes in and clicked off. Tried to watch a non-BTS interview he did and again, BORING. This variety show is an excuse for YG to drink and to get a chance to talk to his fave people, and basically boast about the special people he knows. That doesn't mean I don't think he respects the people he's interviewed, but I do think there's a level of ego-inflation in the variety show and concerts as well.

What I'll say is this: The variety show is meh, but, it plays to the Korean audience. Combined with his ability to collaborate with other musicians and produce songs for them, his own music which is consistent across all his mixtapes/albums, his charity work, doing commercials, producing music for brands, modeling for V@lentino, the NBA sponsorship, and overall well-rounded behavior, he is showing he's capable of having a K-pop oriented career. He is showing he can exist outside of BT5 and is marketable. He generally looks "good", not good as in behaving like an angel, but good in terms of what Koreans expect from an idol. He has never branched into acting, and I doubt he will, but he probably could get away with not acting beyond the occasional commercial. So yeah, as much as I think the variety show sucks, it is helping his career at least.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Ok, so quick question about Yoongi. Public service is 21 months right? He entered service September 22, 2023 and 21 months from that date is June 22, 2025. Wouldn’t this technically push his completion date past their 12th Festa? While it would still be a June return, it would technically be past the 13th which is Festa Day. It would be more of a solstice festival. I wonder if they did this on purpose or if it will not be 21 months exactly in Yoongi’s case, lol. I know Jin enlisted December 13 2022, meaning he will be complete by Festa Day next year. I wonder too when exactly the rest of them are going to leave this year. Hmmm…

I notice if I “cheat” and consider 1 month to be 28 days/4 weeks, Yoongi could be complete in 84 weeks which would be May 2, 2025.
1. Sug's service might have been "negotiated" for 18 months as well...at least complying with the minimum length...Or even for 21 months, he could still "catch up" in time for their 12th anniv...a few days difference could be negotiated, too.

2. No exact date yet of enlistment this year.. But it should be within the first 13 days of December...

arhur12

Star
well they are all enlisting at the end of the year

i guess they realised they only work as a group.....people in the commments are saying this is a "shame" for JK....but after the bad reviews his album got, I'm not really surprised

[theqoo] RM, JIMIN, V, JUNGKOOK, ENLIST IN DECEMBER.. BTS, RETURN AS A FULL GROUP IN 2025

Comments:

4. Jungkook is in his prime right now, what a shame

5. If you don't think it's a shame for Jungkook to enlist, you're not an all-fan. If you are, then of course you will feel like it's a waste of his career. I feel like if Jungkook was my bias, I'd be throwing up blood. Even so, since this is his decision, I'll have to accept this as an all-fan.

6. It's indeed a waste for Jungkook but it seems like he values his team promotion more. I'm not a fan but I support Bangtan. They're cool
They are leaving in December including Jkay.

arhur12

Star
By SK law, JK still has until 2027 to enlist in the military... But he is already doing it this year, 2023...Precisely because of that "2nd contract" with Hybe/BigHit...

Something "happened" prior to the "forced & rushed" album-making process, etc...

Remember the wild & wide speculations about him and Vee... opting to leave the company...The months before when JK was "depressed" and making Weverse lives in the dark...telling his fans that the company hasn't been contacting him...And Vee busy with projects with other people...not Hybe-related...
Then all of a sudden...on 20 September 2023, BH announces a "new contract signed" by the BeteeS members...

And so the rush making of the album started...with Vee going abroad to film... as well as JK going to the US...The shock part was when Vee was announced to be produced by Ador (New Jeans label)...Why??? Isn't Vee under contract with BigHit?

Fast forward...JK flies to the US and photos of him with Bang and a Hybe producer are all over the internet...
View attachment 96797

And the rest happened with JK's crappy "Seven" song...Vee's "substandard" standard genre album...and finally JK's album...

Forced...and rushed...the solo albums of the two youngest...

Because they have to already enlist in the military this year...

Hyb3's OT7 policy destroyed their solo careers. They should learn from $M and YG. All $M idols start to do individual activities after 5-6 years of debut and by the time they go to the military some of them at least have established solo careers. Look at Ex0 members. D.0 was an established actor, Ka1 and B@ekhyun got to release 3 mini albums each before they enlisted. Similarly, soloists from YG (GD, Taeyang, Mino,Bobby) got to do a lot of solo activities before enlisting. GD and T@emin in particular had a long and impactful solo career by the time they enlisted. If Hyb3 wanted to launch Jkay as the next big pop star they should have given him a solo debut earlier. I doubt if he was ready for one before though. Hyb3 and Scooter threw so much money on him but his song could not get a billboard No1. The hype surrounding his solo debut is already dying. I don't think he will have longevity as an artist. Hyb3 probably knows they are not talented enough to carry a solo career that's why they want them to reunite as a group so badly.

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
1. Sug's service might have been "negotiated" for 18 months as well...at least complying with the minimum length...Or even for 21 months, he could still "catch up" in time for their 12th anniv...a few days difference could be negotiated, too.

2. No exact date yet of enlistment this year.. But it should be within the first 13 days of December...
Yea that sounds reasonable that days difference or even a few months difference could be negotiable. I was just fishing for thoughts from those of you who know more about this lol.

And if his public service has been negotiated to 18 months, this would put him at a 3/22/25 completion date. 3/22 like Order 322 Skull and Crossbones. For yet another Skull and Crossbones association with this man, lol.

Last edited:

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
I didn't really pay attention to any solo work any of the others did, besides JH (and YG of course, already have shared my thoughts here about that album). I gave JH's album a couple listens, and at the time when it came out, I liked it. Now however, I'm bored of it. The album did get a lot of attention early on, and sustained that attention for a while, even though promotions weren't that plentiful and people eventually stopped talking about the album a few months later. But aside from YG and J!n, there isn't continuous talk about any of the solo work a few months after release. I'm sure that it will be the same for Tae and JK as time goes on.

And I really, really did think that if Tae released a solo album, that because he's the most popular member, the album would explode in popularity regardless of quality. But nope, that didn't happen. Pretty much everyone seems to have forgotten it. Even a friend of mine who likes Tae a lot, doesn't talk about his solo album anymore. And it's funny to me that his own fans aren't going bonkers for him, given that a couple years ago fans were begging to Tae and JK to release solo albums. There was a huge amount of speculation about what their albums would be about, when they'd be released, all over twitter and tumblr. And now it is radio silence.

In regard to YG as a host or music producer... Producer yes, absolutely. Host? No. I tried to watch the RM episode of his variety show and I was so bored a few minutes in and clicked off. Tried to watch a non-BTS interview he did and again, BORING. This variety show is an excuse for YG to drink and to get a chance to talk to his fave people, and basically boast about the special people he knows. That doesn't mean I don't think he respects the people he's interviewed, but I do think there's a level of ego-inflation in the variety show and concerts as well.

What I'll say is this: The variety show is meh, but, it plays to the Korean audience. Combined with his ability to collaborate with other musicians and produce songs for them, his own music which is consistent across all his mixtapes/albums, his charity work, doing commercials, producing music for brands, modeling for V@lentino, the NBA sponsorship, and overall well-rounded behavior, he is showing he's capable of having a K-pop oriented career. He is showing he can exist outside of BT5 and is marketable. He generally looks "good", not good as in behaving like an angel, but good in terms of what Koreans expect from an idol. He has never branched into acting, and I doubt he will, but he probably could get away with not acting beyond the occasional commercial. So yeah, as much as I think the variety show sucks, it is helping his career at least.
I agree about YG’s variety show- it bores me to death as well! The only time it’s been slightly interesting is when he has interviewed women. Those interviews were a small margin better lol. It seems like he interviews a lil better with women or something- a more interesting dynamic occurs. But yea, he’s pretty well-rounded in the industry with apparently lots of options.

e-Enoch

Superstar
And if his public service has been negotiated to 18 months, this would put him at a 3/22/25 completion date. 3/22 like Order 322 Skull and Crossbones. For yet another Skull and Crossbones association with this man, lol.
Interesting! :)

e-Enoch

Superstar
Hyb3's OT7 policy destroyed their solo careers. They should learn from $M and YG. All $M idols start to do individual activities after 5-6 years of debut and by the time they go to the military some of them at least have established solo careers. Look at Ex0 members. D.0 was an established actor, Ka1 and B@ekhyun got to release 3 mini albums each before they enlisted. Similarly, soloists from YG (GD, Taeyang, Mino,Bobby) got to do a lot of solo activities before enlisting. GD and T@emin in particular had a long and impactful solo career by the time they enlisted. If Hyb3 wanted to launch Jkay as the next big pop star they should have given him a solo debut earlier. I doubt if he was ready for one before though. Hyb3 and Scooter threw so much money on him but his song could not get a billboard No1. The hype surrounding his solo debut is already dying. I don't think he will have longevity as an artist. Hyb3 probably knows they are not talented enough to carry a solo career that's why they want them to reunite as a group so badly.
It appears that Bang operates on the "business technique" called "cheaper by the dozen..." There must be a higher capex (capital expenditure) for solos than groups in the entertainment industry... It's the BTS brand that gives him much revenue...so the BTS solos were just a "forced" situation because of the mandatory military enlistment of the members...He could've launched the solos earlier on if he really wanted it... The BTS solos could also be a "threat" to their company because the individual members could've more easily quit and become free agents...hence, keeping all 7 members could be harder...So, in the "middle of the military service time" of the members, Bang has to "corner" them to sign up for another contract...

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
It appears that Bang operates on the "business technique" called "cheaper by the dozen..." There must be a higher capex (capital expenditure) for solos than groups in the entertainment industry... It's the BTS brand that gives him much revenue...so the BTS solos were just a "forced" situation because of the mandatory military enlistment of the members...He could've launched the solos earlier on if he really wanted it... The BTS solos could also be a "threat" to their company because the individual members could've more easily quit and become free agents...hence, keeping all 7 members could be harder...So, in the "middle of the military service time" of the members, Bang has to "corner" them to sign up for another contract...
Interesting