BTS discussion thread

Laura755y

Star
I saw Alice in borderland and really liked it, so when I checked out Squid game I immediately saw it as the rip off it is. It's also a rip off of Battle Royale and Liar Game, both Japanese. And the ending with the old man is stolen from the American Saw movie. I see a bit of the Cube movie too from the 90s. So Squid Game is definitely not original or worth the hype. That's the problem I have with most SK entertainment...it comes across as a poor man's version of the real thing.
Theres an anime, that has the same event as squid game, same clothe, same plot twist.
".it comes across as a poor man's version of the real thing" u said it all.

Laura755y

Star
and it's sad because they actually have culture yet in their music, movies, etc. all they do is rip off of other people and other cultures. i actually haven't seen alice in borderland but want to check it out
Oh yes! Korea have a really beautiful culture, i still dont get why they dont work on it, like you have it all, why became a sheap copy, going around stealling from other's culture, without givin credits, and being disrespectful. I like it when people work or have inspiration from different cultures, but koreans (i dont generalize) man they suck asf.

Berrywon88

Star
Can you do a deeper analysis on Squid Game? Have you seen Parasite? SK imports other people's culture and art and changes the race so they don't have to look at foreigners. That's what kpop is; American especially black, music and dance with Korean artists.
Yeah I saw Parasite and thought it was really good. I guess what I liked about it most is that it was a critique on class in SK. It wasn't shallow like a lot of other entertainment I've seen from there. I also liked the Korean movies Burning and The Host. From my limited view of Korean media, I'd say their movies are far better than their shows.

As far as Squid Game, I watched it once when it came out and never again. I really disliked it. So I've forgotten a lot of details to be able to do a proper deep analysis unfortunately. I will say what made me feel uncomfortable was the combination of child playground games and gruesome violence. There was also a lot of occult symbolism throughout especially the scenes with the western business men. I felt it was reminiscent of the movie eyes wide shut. Very disturbing.

Berrywon88

Star
and it's sad because they actually have culture yet in their music, movies, etc. all they do is rip off of other people and other cultures. i actually haven't seen alice in borderland but want to check it out
So true, I don't get why they do that. And yeah Alice in borderland is good, especially the first half of episodes before the beach plot.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw Parasite and thought it was really good. I guess what I liked about it most is that it was a critique on class in SK. It wasn't shallow like a lot of other entertainment I've seen from there. I also liked the Korean movies Burning and The Host. From my limited view of Korean media, I'd say their movies are far better than their shows.

As far as Squid Game, I watched it once when it came out and never again. I really disliked it. So I've forgotten a lot of details to be able to do a proper deep analysis unfortunately. I will say what made me feel uncomfortable was the combination of child playground games and gruesome violence. There was also a lot of occult symbolism throughout especially the scenes with the western business men. I felt it was reminiscent of the movie eyes wide shut. Very disturbing.
I'm going to check those out, thank you. I love Korean movies but I'm not a fan of their shows. The ones I have liked were horror and or sci-fi. The Squid Game was very disturbing. Sometimes the violence didn't fit the situation, and some of the side stories would end abruptly and had no reason to be there. Why was the policeman there? We learn what happened to his brother, but a single episode would've been enough. We didn't need to know that. I don't want to spoil it in case someone didn't watch it. It was everywhere when it came out. That's what got me into it. Was missing a lot of jokes and commentary because I hadn't seen the show. The ending pissed me off so much.

Also, maybe it's a publicity stunt. You mentioned T@e wearing Jennie's earrings could be as well. All of this might be hybes way of generating interest in this group before cb.
That makes a lot of sense. Armys spend time figuring out lyrics, hidden meanings inside videos, finding their hotels and products. It's more busy work to generate interest.

Laura755y

Star
i also just saw on Twitter people saying he was stalked by sasaengs in NYC all the way up his car so he didn’t want anyone have no more access to his public life Thats one of the reasons why he deleted his posts ?
His public life! It's his job, he choosed to fool people around, didnt he! He likes it when he spends money and live in luxury while sucking his fans's brain! He shall deal with it.

Laura755y

Star
Exactly my thoughts why should I feel bad for him ? He should’ve been used to this now atleast he didn’t went through what Britney Spears did in the 2000s the paparazzi were way more brutal even has photos of her crying and it was during her conservatorship. If he’s so done with public life he can just leave it, but then people say “hyve owns his name, his everything it’s not that easy” well that’s his own fault then! They almost disbanded in 2018. I see armpits saying how he’s an introvert blablabla then why is he even still an idol ? that job isn’t for introverts ? If he was a music artist like jay park that he apparently hangs out with who’s problematic, he can do the same and be independent. But he won’t and you know why ? Because he’s a scared man child who can’t make decisions on his own that’s why he always relies on Armys and other peoples opinion , it’s pathetic.
Exactly! He just likes the money way too much, likes the connection, and the attention people are givin him, he has an average talent, and voice not something that drop jaws, if it wasnt an elites creation, and couple rituals, he/they wouldnt make it this far, but if he really is tired he can simply leave it all, and face the concequences but at least he'll live like a decent human.

PrincessPunch

Veteran
AYOOO! Everyone, Jeon has finally joined us. Fancy having among us sir @Jeon Jungkook .
Bru'h if i didnt know better, i'd really believe he came here fighting us, to clean up his ass, this is really funny.
lol not this shit again. i always side eye accounts with idol names. there's been so many in the past that would post around here when i would lurk and they moved like undercover trolls/shills paid to pose as fans or former fans or secret company staff

Laura755y

Star
lol not this shit again. i always side eye accounts with idol names. there's been so many in the past that would post around here when i would lurk and they moved like undercover trolls/shills paid to pose as fans or former fans or secret company staff
she/he really made my day, that was funny, but yeah u'r right, they always do shit like that. Specially when.the talk is heated.

MochiThot

Established
At least he has got more energy then u will ever have writing bad comments about people you don't even know. Introverts can be famous too and if you was famous you would hate it too. He is nothing like Jay park, in fact he has way more fans. It isn't his fault that he became famous they started out as a small group and gained fans over the years. Know yourself before you judge others....:mad:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).gif
Anyway--