atheism is illogical, dumb, and makes no sense

Mr.Fishnet

Established
I think we can ALL agree here that atheism makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. It's really sad to me that in this day and age more and more people are becoming atheists and even ENCOURAGING and SUPPORTING atheism. Now the definition of athiesm is the "disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or God's" as quoted from Google. There are many religions and people worship many gods, but the one thing I fail to understand is how can people NOT WORSHIP ANY GOD OR EVEN BELIEVE IN ANY GOD? That is simply illogical and makes no sense, do they really think they created themselves, the earth, the universe or something? Do they think the whole world and universe and living creatures just popped up one day and came from nothing? There HAS to be a a GOD who CREATED the UNIVERSE, PLANETS, PEOPLE, ANIMALS, NATURE, ETC.... I see atheists simply as people who don't like to question their own dumb logic while mocking religions for their "dumb logic" thus contradicting themselves. They like to stay ignorant and bury their head in the sand and they think they're higher or better or more "woke" than any person who believes in a religion. They really think the whole planet started from some "big bang" or something which is nothing but a THEORY, funny how they like to criticize religions and act as if atheism is the answer but their OWN LOGIC doesn't make sense. Let's say the earth was made from the "big bang" theory, do they really think the universe just popped up or was made on its own one day? Do they think humans just randomly popped up on earth along with animals and other living creatures one day? Do they think other planets, especially those important to earth like the sun or moon jusf created themselves and perfectly aligned themselves with earth one day? I think atheism is what's really dumb here and makes no sense whatsoever and uses no logic more than any religion atheists like to make fun of. I'd really like to hear what are your thoughts on this? Especially atheists, what are YOUR thoughts on this?

Aero

Superstar
Atheism has the same logical faults as every religion though. I'm talking specifically about ideologies that offer a path to nihilism. There ain't no logic to it, but people follow it. Nihilism doesn't make sense because it reduces all meaning from life. It is effectively going nowhere and says it proudly. Now people can call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure there is a point to being alive.

Maybe we can all be more honest about the path we follow. I'll start by saying I'm probably the guy that would push the button that unleashes A.I. and the philosophy is simple. I see artificial intelligence as human desire in its final and perfect form. Like the core of every human ultimately seeks to be unbound by the trivial and monotonous nature of living in their bodies.

Science is, in general, is an extension of that human spirit that wants to be free. So letting machines take over is a conclusion that will lead to a more spiritual world. In essence, people will be able to live their lives appreciating the Earth for what it is. A cold dark place of suffering that we conquered through automation.

Illogical for some, logical for others. You have to consider the uniqueness of individual perspective.

May I ask you a question, Mr. Fishnet? How is a person even able to recognize knowledge without first accepting that they are currently without it?

Tidal

Star
I think we can ALL agree here that atheism makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE..

Right, people have had close encounters with off-world beings for thousands of years throughout the bible, so atheists must have a touch of paranoia to call them liars.
Atheists are dumb in other ways too, for example a few years ago an atheist in a forum said his two young daughters wanted to adopt an alpaca but he couldn't afford it, so I said "Would you like me and some of my christian pals to send you a cheque to make them happy?" but he never replied.
Another time a guy who ran a wargame website said he was folding the site because his wife was seriuosly ill awaiting a heart-lung transplant, so i asked him if he'd like me and my pals to say a little prayer for her but he said "Thanks but no thanks".
Duh...

PS- Here's a standing joke about the atheist mentality-
An atheist falls over a cliff at night but grabs a bush halfway down and begins calling for help.
Suddenly the whole area is bathed in a golden glow, and a choir of angels hovers around, and a great voice booms out from above- "Let go my son and I will catch you"
"Who are you?" asks the atheist.
"I am the Lord God Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end"
"Help help" shouts the atheist, is there anybody else up there?

Last edited:

Hubert

Established
With a calm reasonable post like that I'm sure you have some well thought out arguments. /s
Do they think the whole world and universe and living creatures just popped up one day and came from nothing?
It took a lot longer than a day, but ultimately yes, the universe emerged form nothing.
There HAS to be a a GOD who CREATED the UNIVERSE, PLANETS, PEOPLE, ANIMALS, NATURE, ETC
Why?

let's say im an athiest..
and i believe in a primordial power, but see it as impersonal or something beyond our ability to know or worship.
is that really kufr by original islamic standards?

in the Quran, the archetpyal 'disbeliever' is someone who does not believe in a primordial power at all but in deities who will also die. Or alternatively ones who do not believe in life after death and so forth, basically materialists.

an athiest can still believe in life after death and the primordial power and be an athiest. Buddhists, jains and taoists dont need to believe in The God.

Similarly in the Quran it says
(2) Surely, those who believe (muslims), and those who are the Jews and the sabians and the Christians, - whosoever believed in Allah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
(سورة المائدة, Al-Maaida, Chapter #5, Verse #69)

the sabians, christians and jews all have/had a different idea of what God is. Yet the core idea is that they believe in THE primordial power. Belief in 'the Last day' for example, is abou believing in a kind of singularity too.
I suppose the most important factor here is belief and directing it towards an eternal reality and not anything less than that. i think that is a wholesome way of living esp as it also comes with accountability and morality.

islam is fractured because it contains a lot of old school ideas of reality that are incompatible with science eg the geocentric world view that also talks of stars as if they're just nice little shiny things made for US. There are statements in hadith which if you even think about, they'll damage your iman, unless your delusional (which is the case for many). however i accept what was given as it had a hikmah behind it, eg it was intended for simple people in a particular time/context and so forth. Yet many muslims are also uneducated and dont even think about that side..the intent/hikmah behind statements they take literally.
islam is upgradable and the prophecies do ultimately talk about a dark period (this one..and i know its this one because of the signs being crystal clear) followed by a messianic type era where people are given the answers.
so even at it's worst islam as a religion makes us believe in our own collective improvement too.
It allows itself to even fall, in order to upgrade itself.

in the meantime though, whilst we live in whatsapp islam era...you might just want to be a bit tolerant of athiesm, it's not even as close to as bad as a lot of the religion i see.

Cintra

Star
Atheism is its own religion? You have to try very hard not to think there's no God.
I agree.
You have to believe there is no god.
It is not provable.

Just one more belief system people want me to accept, because they happen to believe it themselves.

Just one more narrow minded religion, that can't see anyone's truth but their own.