Anti-Muslim ranters ganged up on a Muslim man at a town hall meeting

How do you know what they're saying is the truth? America has military bases in the ME and have the resources to create such groups meaning what if ISIS is actually a group made and supported by America? America invaded Iraq and bombed that place to the stone age so either directly or indirectly the US created ISIS. The majority of Americans according to Gallup supported the Iraq war and therefore at its very core your average American created ISIS.
How do you know what YOURE saying is the truth?

Why do I as a Muslim have to denounce anything that ISIS does? How do I know ISIS even exists? If ISIS does exist who created them and who funds them? Why don't you denounce ISIS?
I denounce ISIS, but I'm not muslim. Because if you don't denounce or do something, Islam will just keep being hated on. You don't see a hell of a lot of christians doing shit like this (There are some, sure).

Kung Fu

Superstar
I denounce ISIS, but I'm not muslim. Because if you don't denounce or do something, Islam will just keep being hated on. You don't see a hell of a lot of christians doing shit like this (There are some, sure).
Again, why should I as an individual that have nothing to do with ISIS (we don't even know if they really exist) have to denounce a group of people that may not even exist on behalf of Islam? ISIS, if it even exists, is not Islam just as the American government are not your average American wanting to do good.

Christians are not the ones being bombed, raped, humiliated, and having puppet governments set up in their country at the moment. Also, "Christians" do a lot of shit and for each article or news feed you find on a so-called Muslim I can find one about a Christian but because the agenda is against Islam the ones about Christians are not really made public.

Karlysymon

Superstar
@Etagloc: "Destabilizing the world? By minding their own business and getting invaded and being murdered for oil?
By getting bombed by Western countries? Being invaded is destabilizing the world?
I guess all the third world countries which were invaded were destabilizing the world by being invaded by that logic. Fortunately, my logic is not pro-colonialist"

Why can't you admit that the Muslim World is full of failed political institutions and leaders that are an assortment of incompetents, collaborators and degenerates!?
Such institutional sclerosis invites invasion and intervention. Its like opening the reptile tank in a zoo and then complaining that there is an epidemic of snake bites!

Its not the fault of snakes that people have been bitten, (thats what snakes do, its their nature). The problem is that the reptile tank is insecure and needs to be fixed.

Muslims should manage their affairs better and stop complaining about Western intervention. Weakness, sterility and incompetence invite attacks. That is a geopolitical reality. It is also historical fact.
Qatar, Oman, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq and Jordan all host US military installations on their soil. If Muslims are getting invaded by outside forces, its because their own leaders are facilitating it.

Its much harder to admit that the problem is close to home. So much easier to point the finger at others. Pathetic behaviour.
Well said! The complicity of Arab leaders deserves to be highlighted.
Weren't ISIS fighters trained in Jordan? King Abdullah II (ironically,
a 41st-generation direct
descendant of Muhammad) is as much responsible for every Syrian death and the suffering of the refugees, as are Washington's warhawks.
In Shocking, Viral Interview, Qatar Confesses Secrets Behind Syrian War.

Karlysymon

Superstar
While some have attempted, there’s still no real in-depth, albeit, political, discussion(s) of why the West should live in a state of perpetual fear and what the “war of terror” truly means. As I stated, a healthy online conversation/debate would be nice and refreshing, but considering the calibre most of comments I read on here, I don’t see that happening. At least that’s the way I perceive it. They’re somewhat indicative of the guy in the OP video.
I believe the reason for it to be that some people aren't willing to see things for what they really are. Not everyone is willing to entertain the thought that their gov't is super-evil.
If you ask the average person, in a Western capital if their leader is a terrorist, it will be an outright "No!" and yet the facts state otherwise (Gladio, 9/11 etc). Western leaders (not all of them ofcourse) are terrorists who simply enlist surrogates to carry out
their dirty deeds and to remain the "face".

Like Peter Haart said: its difficult to divorce public opinion from media coverage. Bush, Rumsfeld and Blair et al will never be portrayed as terrorists, thats something reserved for the "other", and you see a little bit of this whenever there is an attack; committed by a white person, the media never calls it a terror attack but by a non-white it will be called a terror attack. This further trickles down to the average person hence the perpetuation of those points of view on the board.

The media houses hold the reigns and especially on the topic of terrorism, what they say goes. It is by design to portray West=good, Other=evil. Thats why i asked in my Bush thread; why isn't he rightly called a dictator just like Stalin or Pol Pot? When the media comes around to call a spade a spade, which will NEVER happen, then and only then will you find the discussion that you anticipate taking place here.

At your suggestion, I will start a thread and see if it will go the distance.

Etagloc

Superstar
With all due respect Etg, long time posters here have watched you go from Christianity to comedian and now a Muslim. I know that may sound snarky, but it is also stated in that one must realize you are only at the beginning of a journey and that wisdom comes over time. By all means, post as you please. I am the first to believe that everyone has a right to their freedom of speech and that it should not be squelched. But there are times when if we seek truth, we ask ourselves via personal inventory why we post certain things and what we expect to get from it or the result which may ensue.
Comedian? I have a sense of humor. I'm not ashamed of that. I'm not a one-dimensional person.

I post what I think and I don't care what random people on the internet think. You don't know me.

As far as changing my mind based on research... yes, I follow the facts. I follow the facts where they lead. I research to find out the truth, not to try to be above others. I follow the facts where they lead. As far as my life... you don't know me and you know pretty much nothing about me. My way of thinking is not yours. You don't know me.

Last edited:

The Zone

Star
The you don't know me bit is quite true. All I have to go by is your posting history. Stating what you think is fine, but my whole point was that I could find a video to show any religion and such in a bad light, but that it would not be a clear or accurate picture. If you deal with facts as you claim, then you will certainly find that showing small examples is not a truth past the exception of an isolated case. Also, my beef is not in anyway just with you, but all who continually bait despite knowing in their hearts or minds what will result. I applaud you for standing up for what you believe in, but the truth or facts to differing people will always be subjective. If everybody here just posted to please themself, then it would be nothing more than a personal soap box.

justjess

Superstar
This whole story is like a decade old.

The site of 911 is now a freedom tower and 911 museum

Last edited: