Why Feminism isn't needed anymore (except in 3rd world countries)

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Yeah they're gatekeepers. They are obstacles and distractions. What do you think their agenda is? If someone calls themselves a feminist but they don't believe in women and men's equality then they are only there to discredit feminists... that's their agenda.
I think there are also (actually I know) straight up man-hating individuals involved whop are much more interested in conflict and confrontation than they are about advancing and decent agenda. Thats not exclusive to the feminist movement, there are such actors in most major, movements.

mecca

Superstar
If that was all that was occurring, that would be a different situation altogether.....
What else was occurring? The feminist movement started by women organizing together for a common goal. There were many different groups of people doing their own thing and supporting other types of freedom movements (like the abolitionist movement) but they got together and got support to specifically get women's rights into the law.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
If you are saying that you have seen nothing ineffective, counter-productive or outright negative regarding the slutwalk events and what they promote, its likely pointless for us to continue debating the subject.
they promote an end to r*pe culture so no, i dont see a problem with that.

im not going to personally parade around half naked, id prefer some of them put some clothes on, but i understand WHY they do it and what thy are trying to say/do. i think your taking it the wrong way personally.

mecca

Superstar
I think there are also (actually I know) straight up man-hating individuals involved whop are much more interested in conflict and confrontation than they are about advancing and decent agenda. Thats not exclusive to the feminist movement, there are such actors in most major, movements.
Ok... yeah there are bigots and sexists everywhere. But that has nothing to do with what feminism is. The things that feminists are doing right now are not placing women above men, they are bringing women up to the level of men so that we are seen as equal human beings. Bigoted misandrists don't have power, no one agrees with them. Misandrists are just like the shitty misogynistic MGTOW group.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
they promote an end to r*pe culture so no, i dont see a problem with that.

im not going to personally parade around half naked, id prefer some of them put some clothes on, but i understand WHY they do it and what thy are trying to say/do. i think your taking it the wrong way personally.
They promote behavior that puts the gullible females blindly following their agenda at a higher risk for r*pe and sexual assault. Thats intentional.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
and what behavior would that be?

dressing like a "whore" during a planned event with security?
You sure like putting words in peoples mouths dont you? Not a very egalitarian look thurr homie.....
Exhorting females (especially young, impressionable girls without much life experience) to show up at events and places which are already known for problematic interactions with females while sporting provocative rhetoric, attitude and dress is a recipe for disaster. The organizers know this full well, as they encourage this type of behavior away from their artificial "safe spaces". They are sacrificing their followers, using them as sexualized cannon fodder. Do you think Amber Rain would dare do what she implores other females to do.... would she take those risks? Not without her professional security detail she wont. Its a lie, and their followers pay the price the leaders avoid.

justjess

Superstar
amber rose was a stripper way before she became famous. in philly, i believe. those girls dont have bodyguards. im not a fan of amber rose, but lets please be clear.. slutwalk existed way before she got involved with it.

i dont see how asking a question is putting words in your mouth. and i honestly dont see how your answer is much different then i anticipated. slutwalk isnt encouraging these girls to dress like that anywhere else. it doesnt even tell them to dress like that to participate. have you read their mission statement?

if girls wearing provocative clothing bothers you, maybe you should ask yourself why? because this kind of thing is prevalent and problematic. and i can remember it being so all the way back since middle school before i ever even looked into feminism and if we are being honest thought it was some sort of lesbian plot.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
This is why people respond negatively to modern feminism. They operate as an entity that is completely separate from an endeavor to continue improving conditions for all women.

Some "hoes" still want to grow up and be mothers and don't need abortions. Feminism is a special interest group, not a movement to support women.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This is why people respond negatively to modern feminism. They operate as an entity that is completely separate from an endeavor to continue improving conditions for all women.

Some "hoes" still want to grow up and be mothers and don't need abortions. Feminism is a special interest group, not a movement to support women.
That woman looks so miserable behind her cheshire grin.

rainerann

Star
That woman looks so miserable behind her cheshire grin.
I think one of the most upsetting parts of this display was the way the crowd responds to her. I think this demonstrates crowd mentality. I saw this video of a study one time where a woman was in a waiting room and everyone in the waiting room would stand up every 30 seconds or so. After some point, the woman felt compelled to stand just because everyone else was doing it.

That is what I wonder when the camera turns to the crowd who cheers. I wonder if they really know what they are cheering for or whether they are just participating because of crowd mentality.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
amber rose was a stripper way before she became famous. in philly, i believe. those girls dont have bodyguards. im not a fan of amber rose, but lets please be clear.. slutwalk existed way before she got involved with it.

i dont see how asking a question is putting words in your mouth. and i honestly dont see how your answer is much different then i anticipated. slutwalk isnt encouraging these girls to dress like that anywhere else. it doesnt even tell them to dress like that to participate. have you read their mission statement?

if girls wearing provocative clothing bothers you, maybe you should ask yourself why? because this kind of thing is prevalent and problematic. and i can remember it being so all the way back since middle school before i ever even looked into feminism and if we are being honest thought it was some sort of lesbian plot.
ALL strip clubs have security. ALL OF THEM. And the more successful strippers most certainly DO have their own security.
Either way, I was mentioning that she has professional security details at her service now, so she likely won't have to pay any price for her provocative actions and exhortations. I think you know exactly what I meant and tried to get cleverly ignorant with your reply to me. So what if it existed before? It was a bad idea then and its just been compounded by having this beta-kitten, agenda promoting tool running off at the mouth and co-opting these events for her own personal gain. She's an all the way live culture-vulture.

"i dont see how asking a question is putting words in your mouth."
I never called them whores or suggested that they were dressing like them. So yes, you absolutely ascribed rhetoric to me which I never stated. Very obvious there homie.

"and i honestly dont see how your answer is much different then i anticipated."
Its completely different. But how convenient for you and your false accusations to jump directly to your false-narrative supporting contentions.

"slutwalk isnt encouraging these girls to dress like that anywhere else."
I didn't think you would stoop to outright lying to continue your argument. It doesn't help your case mayne.

"if girls wearing provocative clothing bothers you, maybe you should ask yourself why?"
YOU have already asked me and I have already answered why. Because the world aint a perfect place and exhorting young, impressionable females into engaging in highly dangerous activity so some spoiled, pseudo-rich, agenda driving MK Ultra goofball can continue to keep her revenue stream on while pretending she's black..... its just a losing proposition all the way around.

"can remember it being so all the way back since middle school before i ever even looked into feminism and if we are being honest thought it was some sort of lesbian plot."
So because people may or may-not have told you something counter to what you now believe to be true back in middle school..... you are willing to lie and false-accuse other board posters here? I didn't know you then and don't know you now so please stop blaming me for your past experiences.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I'm fine with that, periods are the root cause of misogyny. I understand the symbolism.
In Islam, the menstrual cycle is respected and its importance understood. Females are exempt from prayers and other religious duties while they are on their monthly cycle.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I think one of the most upsetting parts of this display was the way the crowd responds to her. I think this demonstrates crowd mentality. I saw this video of a study one time where a woman was in a waiting room and everyone in the waiting room would stand up every 30 seconds or so. After some point, the woman felt compelled to stand just because everyone else was doing it.

That is what I wonder when the camera turns to the crowd who cheers. I wonder if they really know what they are cheering for or whether they are just participating because of crowd mentality.
Excellent post.

TMT

Star
In Islam, the menstrual cycle is respected and its importance understood. Females are exempt from prayers and other religious duties while they are on their monthly cycle.
Whatever. Do you guys still lock em up for 3 days and have no contact with them?