Wearing a Mask

A Freeman

Superstar
this is a great example of the stark difference between TV fantasyland and the real world. people are sick of masks.
maybe there is still some hope for humanity!
There is hope for the few awakened souls who see those behind the mask mandates and the masks themselves for who and what they really are: instruments of fear and oppression.

Those few are indeed sick OF masks rather than sick FROM masks.

polymoog

Superstar
personal anecdote dept.

i had to go to the *gasp* mall today to go get new glasses. i had been wearing a crushed pair that was scotch-taped together looking ultra- dorky for the past week (which didnt bother me in the least, but they were so scratched up that my vision was permanently hazy and clouded from being dropped and scratched about 400 times).

the optometrists' office was full of masktards. i couldnt believe it. i sat down and filled out the BS paperwork which included a HIPPA form. i got a chuckle when i saw that they had two jars of pens to fill out forms: "dirty" and "clean". one is supposed to take a clean, "sterilized" one and then place it in the "dirty" jar. damn straight i went right for that dirty pen jar!! i chuckled to myself, thinking of rubbing the ''dirty" pen all over my hands and clothes to the sheer horror of the mask people.

i then watched a guy go into the exam area, and they asked him to wear a mask. he complied. i thought this was confrontation time and i wondered if i was going to have to make a big scene in the store. i thought to myself, should i knock over all of the pens and mix them up?
i got up from my seat and told the receptionist the magic words: that i cannot wear a mask because i have a medical condition that precludes me from wearing one. she said, "OK", which shocked me because i thought i was going to have to walk out and subsequently use these horrible glasses even longer... but at least i would have an opportunity to make a scene.
the other aide came over to herd me into one of the examination rooms. she started the spiel about having a mask when the receptionist cut her off and said to just let him in. i guess luxotica (eyeglass parent company) was fully aware of the HIPPA laws and knew to back off.

only ONE person who worked there had a mask permanently pulled down under her chin. i asked her what the story was. she rolled her eyes and said that they are still forcing their employees to wear them even though they dont even work.

horrible-- the end of july and theyre STILL masked up there.

Last edited:

clambot

Veteran
personal anecdote #2 for you all:

I am a curmudgeon of the first order, and I have NEVER taken a flu shot, I have never been "vaxxed" (except those that came in childhood, like smallpox with the scar on your arm, remember those?), I do not own a "smart" phone and never have, I have a "flip" phone for emergency that does not "surf" this internet thing, I am for all practical purposes home bound due to sciatica nerve / back / hip injuries, you get the picture.

I also have not had the influenza for at least 20 years. I can't remember the last time I was sick enough to stay home from work. I must have a very robust immune system and I learned as a child to wash my hands and keep them away from my face.

SO when at the height of the masking mania, I walked into the public library to return a book, they had a person of some sort at a table to check your temperature. I ignored her. When she demanded that I STOP SHE HAD TO CHECK MY TEMPERATURE I politely told her to GTH in so many words, and she LITERALLY ran to get the Chief Librarian (a personal friend of mine, btw) who, chagrined at this nonsense, promptly thanked me for coming to the library that day, anything else he could do for me? That little cretin who tried to stop me shrank to the size of flea.

And so it also was one day at the grocery store, when some teenage Nazi tried to stop me from entering bare faced. I simply ignored him, as I did the other "supervisor" who was called and threatened to CALL THE POLICE ON ME for DARING to be so bold. I ignored her also, as she actually TRIED TO PREVENT ME from pushing my cart by wildly flailing her arms in front of me as I toddled along doing my shopping. "Please get out of my way," I calmly intoned, "or *I* will call the police, ma'am." And I then brandished my ancient flip phone ... she actually RAN AWAY.

I don't get out any more because of my sciatic nerve being bunked. But I've never worn a mask, and I never will. Not even at Halloween. Thank you.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Guy at Walmart says F*CK YOU to the greeter who told him to wear a mask. Serious beat down

2:22. canadian mask INtolerance. its dated, but still good.

polymoog

Superstar
mask frequency update:

i am still seeing people wear masks in public.

my area: 1 out of 15. mainly older people.
a surrounding more liberal town: 2 out of 10 people. more asians and blacks than white people wearing masks. definitely more women than men. a few driving alone in the car with it on. i often see families come into a supermarket with 1 or 2 wearing it but others maskless. doesnt that defeat the whole point then, if an unmasked family member catches covid in the store and then brings it home to the then UNmasked family member? i wonder if these people are masking at home. wow.

almost all the masks i am seeing are 'upgraded' masks-- n95 masks or those black (presumably cotton?) ones. i rarely see the blue basic ones anymore.

midn8t_suns3t

Rookie
I'm not wearing it anymore because i've noticed I was starting to get allergies while wearing it. It's like your immune system gets weaker.
I started wearing it again, but they're still advising people to wear it in public transport.

Awoken2

Superstar
I have a message to convey to anybody reading this who wears a face mask.

Are you aware that the biggest cause of death today is ignorance?

Figures will be proving this in the not too distant future.

polymoog

Superstar
White House mandating face masks, social distancing for unvaccinated 'College Athlete Day' guests

10 Jun 23

The White House is still requiring guests who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to wear face masks and practice social distancing, despite the federal government already terminating the national emergency declaration for the pandemic.
President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden are inviting dozens of NCAA men's and women's national championship teams from Divisions I, II, and III to "College Athlete Day" to celebrate their victories at the White House on Monday.
Earlier this week, the White House Office of Legislative Affairs sent out an email invitation to members of Congress obtained by Fox News Digital requesting their attendance at the event. The email included additional logistical details as well as COVID protocols.
According to the White House, while lawmakers are not required to receive a COVID test in advance of this event, they will need to wear a mask and socially distance if they're unvaccinated.

EatZeBug

Established
Pls pray for me I am doing a driving lesson and they might force me to wear a mask and I've been losing sleep over it.
This is utter madness, especially in the middle of 2023. Is there any advice you would suggest because I would like to avoid an altercation which results in me getting charged for a lesson I don't receive or worse? I have breathing and sensory issues and being forced to wear one could make me cause an accident because I'm not a very experienced driver and I need to focus on the road, breathing properly and not be fiddling with a damn mask! I don't want to become accidently dangerous because of some hyperchondriac psycho, thank you for your understanding.
1688364820455.png

polymoog

Superstar
Pls pray for me I am doing a driving lesson and they might force me to wear a mask and I've been losing sleep over it.
print out a mask exemption form!!
do a quick internet search and find one you like, print it out, and then fill it out. forcing you to wear one is against HIPPA laws (if you are in the US). usually the threat of a lawsuit makes them back down immediately.

if you cannot, make your own face curtain with cheesecloth or the flimsiest, gauziest material you can find-- cotton, of course-- and dont even secure the bottom. that way you can breathe easier and i think it still qualifies as a mask.