Views On Chris Brown?

eyeswideopen

I know he's been in the industry for years, and though he really 'made it' when he was 15, he'd been in the company of other urban artists from the ages of 13. Since the Rihanna incident, his career has taken a downward spiral (understandly so), and in contrast, Rihanna's career had skyrocketed. He's always in the press for the worst things--namely TMZ, and there's rarely anything positive spoken about him (much like Kat Williams). He's been to prison and rehab for drug addiction and anger. He declares he has bipolar disorder and PTSD. I think the industry has really been bad to him and I actually feel sorry for him, even if he does appear to be such an ass at times.

Hes also VERY outspoken. Here's some are examples.

What do you think?

Aero

Superstar
There is a drug used to specifically treat the constipation caused by another drug. And that's how I feel about Chris Brown most of the time.

williejonesjr

Veteran
He was abused by his mother/mother's bf. (?). Also a female manager abused him.
Plus I've never accepted the "official" story of the Rhianna beating.
TMZ does have a vendetta against Chris. The same vendetta they have against Belieber.
He's a cautionary tale. His life won't end well as he is a heavy drug user. As is Belieber.

tanayahenry

Rookie
It's definitely sad to see how much he's changed. Safe to say he's been through some ish and it won't end well for him. Also, I literally find the fact he 'lost' his V-card at the age of 8 extremely unsettling. The girl was supposedly 15 and lived local.

Trenton

Veteran
I was pretty pissed at him after the Rihanna beating thing.

But I understand people pretty well. At least, I have some empathy even for woman beaters.

I'm not innocent in any fashion.

I understand myself pretty well at least, I hope I do at this point in my life.

I have no clue what went on in the car that night with him and Ri.

But my own stepdad used to beat the shit out of my mom. It wasn't okay in any sense. But I DO understand WHAT his reasons were. I feel like I understand why he did what he did. Without getting into specifics... Regardless it wasn't the best course of action.

All I know is people can change.

After years of hitting my mom.... They are still together and he hasn't done that in many years. IDK if he's just gotten old or they've found a middle ground or what.

I haven't kept up on Chris in years. Never really cared for his music anyways..

I know he was really young at the time and I hope he learned from his past mistakes. All's I know is I won't judge him permanently for a greivous error in life. We all make them.

eyeswideopen

He was abused by his mother/mother's bf. (?). Also a female manager abused him.
Plus I've never accepted the "official" story of the Rhianna beating.
TMZ does have a vendetta against Chris. The same vendetta they have against Belieber.
He's a cautionary tale. His life won't end well as he is a heavy drug user. As is Belieber.
At one point I questioned if it even happened. "They" have ways of making people look like aggressors, psychopaths, etc, when celebs dont wish to comply. Hes outspoken but nobody takes him serious because he's a known woman beater, takes drugs, and appears angry a lot of them time. I always thought it was interesting because Rihanna wasn't that famous before the incident, Chris was more established... then roles reversed. He doesnt sell music (not a fan anyway) as much, doesnt win awards or anything. The domestic dispute isnt farfetched ofc... he does seem like he has anger problems, as well as a bunch of other stuff.. but you know never know.

Aero

Superstar
I'm sure deep down Chris Brown has a lot of positive characteristics. But I don't buy the whole "I have a disorder" excuse. Or the conspiracy theories for that matter. Because when you are rich, the pool of excuses you can grab from gets smaller.

There is nothing stopping him from receiving the best treatment in the world. Or just flying off to an island for awhile to figure himself out. He doesn't do any of those things though. That tells me he is perfectly happy under the wings of his "enablers".

eyeswideopen

I'm sure deep down Chris Brown has a lot of positive characteristics. But I don't buy the whole "I have a disorder" excuse. Or the conspiracy theories for that matter. Because when you are rich, the pool of excuses you can grab from gets smaller.

There is nothing stopping him from receiving the best treatment in the world. Or just flying off to an island for awhile to figure himself out. He doesn't do any of those things though. That tells me he is perfectly happy under the wings of his "enablers".
You could be right. But maybe his "escape" is the drugs, maybe he feels trapped. I'm not a victim ofc but I understand that people have different ways of dealing with stuff and I can only begin to imagine what industry folks experience. ‍♀

Haich

Superstar
Rihanna wasn't that famous before the incident, Chris was more established... the
So true I never noticed that. She was just the cute island girl with a few hits and then she blew up and completely dominated the pop scene

When I was in school Chris brown was literally the most famous young star. Everyone loved his music and now he's almost a nobody...

He seems to be still doing music but it's getting nowhere the same recognition and praise as before. The hype about him is truly dead

Whenever he has a love interest as well, Keurche Tran was the most recent (can't spell her name!) they thrive off his success and when they split up, they allude to demostic violence as being the answer

eyeswideopen

I disagree, Devin. Hes still not allowed to enter certain countries because of it. His career is pretty much a bust. No one one listens to his music like that. He'll always be titled 'the woman beater'... the one that beat the Bajan beauty who's a MEGA pop star now. So maybe he didnt go to prison for that incident or get much of a punishment in terms of law, but he'll always be dealing with the repercussions for his supposed actions.

eyeswideopen

So true I never noticed that. She was just the cute island girl with a few hits and then she blew up and completely dominated the pop scene

When I was in school Chris brown was literally the most famous young star. Everyone loved his music and now he's almost a nobody...

He seems to be still doing music but it's getting nowhere the same recognition and praise as before. The hype about him is truly dead

Whenever he has a love interest as well, Keurche Tran was the most recent (can't spell her name!) they thrive off his success and when they split up, they allude to demostic violence as being the answer
Haha yea. I used to crush on 'Run It' Chris brown and I know so many other teenagers did at the time. He was the next big thing. He could sing, dance, act, write music. Rihanna was the adorable girl from the islands who was Chris Browns love interest. Shes now one of the biggest pop stars of today.

I recently read about Karr (I don't know how to spell it either) claims. I'm not saying he didnt harass her, he's CLEARLY embarrassed her with the cheating and stuff so I feel for the poor woman but, it's just interesting how she's only come forward now that she has a career and isn't stuck to his side anymore.

At one point I questioned if it even happened. "They" have ways of making people look like aggressors, psychopaths, etc, when celebs dont wish to comply. Hes outspoken but nobody takes him serious because he's a known woman beater, takes drugs, and appears angry a lot of them time. I always thought it was interesting because Rihanna wasn't that famous before the incident, Chris was more established... then roles reversed. He doesnt sell music (not a fan anyway) as much, doesnt win awards or anything. The domestic dispute isnt farfetched ofc... he does seem like he has anger problems, as well as a bunch of other stuff.. but you know never know.
I don't think Chris Browm hit Rihanna it was a publicity stunt.

JayGirl10

Rookie
I really hope one day Chris gets out of the industry and gets help, he has a child. I don't get how he still has legions of fans who support everything he does. Right now he isn't a good person with good characteristics to be followed and supported, not until he gets out of where he is

williejonesjr

Veteran
I think the incident was just to promote violence being acceptable in society. after all despite her wicked appearance after the beating he seems to have suffered little to no consequences
I think he did go to jail on unrelated charges but he still makes music. He still does concerts & still has a career & a following.

To lend to the conspiracy, I wouldn't put it past Beyonce to have something to do with this. Rhi & CB were poised to be the next "power couple". Until, whoops, her alleged "romantic rival" gets beat up. Whoops.

Idk. Things aren't always as they seem

Nicole

Rookie
I used to listen to Rihanna briefly on Spotify recently. Kinda like her music but not enough to buy it. Was honestly happy to find out Natalia Kills co-wrote Kiss It Better. Anyway, Chris Brown was featured on her song Nobody's Business about two or three years after the incident, so they were friendly for the most part or so afterwards. Her music seemed to be a bit more aggressive after the incident too, just look at Rated R.