Very Popular Video Game Predicts Events Decade Before It Happens

TriHard

youtu .be/BPKP6RP9OSA?t=30m18s
"C'mon, do you honestly believe the NSA's Echelon system isn't already reading your e-mails and recording your phone conversations? It's all designed to frighten us so we don't complain about our rights being taken away and fighting whatever boogie-men they come up with today!"
Game was relased in 2001

Governments getting more and more power.
Mass surveillance, the state knowing everything we do.
False flags; the destruction of a major landmark blamed on another group (Statue of Liberty and the NSF; 9/11 and Al-Qaeda).
UN power abuses.
Terrorism being used to justify the removal of more and more rights.
Game was relased in 2000

Last edited:

TriHard

Satirical quote from a 2004 video game

The Truth: Listen to Jethro. Now, what if I told you, we never went to the moon, JFK lives in Scotland with Janis Joplin, and the only reason we've been in a cold war for the last 45 years was because snake-headed aliens run the oil business?

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex_Wiki

Count the triangles ...
And as far as I know this game is all about bionic like in blade runner?
Have no idea why I'm replying in this thread, as I'm dumb to video games these days (not owning a TV presently either) :). But I found something interesting - perhaps, world history foretold or planned at least?

Count the triangles, is right - and shattered like a mirror in so many music videos now. Anyway, for those who might be dumb as me to these games, just read the following about one of the locations that the game takes place in [though note, that the game also includes some interesting cities from around the world, like London, Paris, Seattle, etc.]. And I think, I'll read a little further about them just out of curiousity!

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Útulek_Complex
Útulek Complex or Útulek Station, nicknamed Golem City, is an enclosed city on the outskirts of Prague, Czech Republic. It was originally built by the Santeau Group to offer temporary housing to Prague's working class. Following the Aug Incident in 2027, the complex quickly devolves into a ghetto for the mechanically augmented. Any undocumented augmented people are sent to live in Útulek Complex, segregated from the non-augmented populace.

The European Union present Útulek Complex as a safe haven for augmented people to live together. In reality, Golem City is comparable to a prison camp. The police artificially restrict the amount of Neuropozyne distributed in the city. In doing so, they establish a way to control the transhumans living there who need the drug to survive. The Czech police patrol Golem City and ensure that its residents live in a constant state of fear.

ARC Headquarters

Due to the poor treatment of augmented humans, an organization named the Augmented Rights Coalition is established. ARC makes Golem City its headquarters. Talos Rucker, the leader of ARC, has an office in the complex. ARC activities are evident around Útulek Complex in the form of propaganda posters depicting Rucker and featuring various revolutionary slogans. Loudspeakers around the city broadcast messages from Rucker, such as denouncements of violence as a solution to transhumans' oppression.

Trivia

• According to the Art of Deus Ex Universe, the Útulek Complex was inspired by the real-world Kowloon Walled City in Hong Kong. The Walled City was a tightly packed collection of buildings with a large population density. Like Útulek Complex, the quality of life for residence was poor and the city experienced high crime rates.
  • The word útulek is Czech for shelter or refuge; obviously referring to Útulek Complex's supposed function as a refuge for augmented people.

Helioform

Star
I used to play that game alot! It came out approximately 1 year after I started to uncover the conspiracy...which is why I liked this game very much. It even predicted 9/11...as in the game you don't see the WTC towers. The devs claimed that they were not included because of a lack of texture memory. Right!

Overall the game is very anti Illuminati...even more anti MJ12 which is the faction that rebelled against the Illuminati and became even worse. The Templars are depicted as "financial terrorists" who manipulate stock markets. Very much right on!

Even the AIs created by the Illuminati themselves ironically classify all those conspiracy groups as terrorists!

Aero

Superstar
Great game. Wish I could remember stuff from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

But is it anti illuminati? They are kind of promoting the whole man machine hybrid though

Helioform

Star
Great game. Wish I could remember stuff from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

But is it anti illuminati? They are kind of promoting the whole man machine hybrid though
Well the original that came out in 2000, had a lot of gray areas about nanotechnology and human augmentation. It showed the good as well as the bad side of technology. In the end you could choose 3 different outcomes:
1) Join the Illuminati
2) Merge with the AIs and become a "benevolent dictator" of the world.
3) Shut down all global communications and create a kind of dark age where people had governments on a scale they could understand and lived in villages.

My first choice was 3) because the people took back their freedom from the Illuminati.