Trinity & Deity Of Christ - Kjv Verses

floss

Star
Please share verses you believe supported the Trinity or Deity of Christ, try to keep it KJV if possible.

1 John 5
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 8
13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

John 14
28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Isaiah 48
16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Hebrews 1
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

John 1
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Luke 1
35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hi Floss

1 John 5
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

This verse has been frequently attacked by higher critics, but Bill Cooper did an excellent job of exposing their arguments and countering their claims in this "Authenticity of the New Testement Vol 2".

Highly recommend!

Karlysymon

Superstar
Haich said:
I think that's what confuses people about the monotheistic claims of
Christianity. Why worship
Jesus if you know there's a God?
grateful servant said:
the idea that God had to become a human who became sin that was killed so that mankind could be saved.... without equating Jesus with God.
This question/statement has been posed/made by different people on here and i meant to post this over at Red's thread (Why Jesus is the Son of God).

Matthew 18:19-20
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

John 14:13-14
And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.

John 16:23-24
And in that day ye shall ask Me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in My name, He will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My name: ask,and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Christ gave us a directive to ask in prayer through His name with the promise that the Father will act accordingly. Why? Only God can give that answer. The directive testifies to His divinity and the fact that "when we gather in His name, He is present" (hence omniprescence, an attribute of God alone). Interpolations? You decide.
There is no other prophet in the bible who gives out the same directive.

His disciples, John and Peter stated:
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which
we must be saved.’ (Acts 4:12 NIV)