The Secret Power Music Holds Over You

DesertRose

Superstar
To paraphrase
The power of music mind control by rhythmic sound only driving our bodily motions or could it be running deeper. forcing people to perform the same behaviours and act simultaneously bobbing head etc and performing behaviours in synchrony.
This is interesting.
I have a video pertaining to this that I will re-post in the Islamic Videos thread. This is why for me possession in music is a plausible argument.

Etagloc

Superstar
To paraphrase
The power of music mind control by rhythmic sound only driving our bodily motions or could it be running deeper. forcing people to perform the same behaviours and act simultaneously bobbing head etc and performing behaviours in synchrony.
This is interesting.
I have a video pertaining to this that I will re-post in the Islamic Videos thread. This is why for me possession in music is a plausible argument.
To paraphrase
science has proved that Islam has a point... at least when it comes to music.

yiksmes

Established
Going to watch the video but just want to say:
I forgot where i heard the quote, i swear i wrote it down but cant find it - even tried googling lol

I cant put it word for word exactly, but something like this:

A picture and even video makes you see what the artist wants you to see
But with the music, the artist makes you feel and relate to what he wants you to see and feel.

So video + music is a very strong form of magic (magic meaning something that can control your subconscious mind in a way, alters your mood)
I think it's something we all should ponder on.

"They say music can alter moods and talk to you" (Eminem - Sing for the moment)

Edit: Watched the video, very interesting! Thank you))

Last edited:

Sherekeewoman

Rookie
This was such a great video....great share! I am really interested in this topic and have been thinking a lot about how music can heal, eg. crystal bowls, tibetan bowls, etc. I can see good and evil in all of this, which is pretty much the case in all of these themes...we are duality. I saw a video recently when a huge crowd was waiting for the main event, they played Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, and the entire crowd sang the whole song.... it was mesmerizing. I liked the feeling though, because music can bring us together across all walks of life. Of course, the elite machine can use this against people, too. There is something incredibly magical, enigmatic and almost ineffable about how music affects human beings.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I'd read something a while back where 'Todd' was quoted saying that Christian Rock was introduced into the churches to destroy them. And it all makes sense now, when he says that spells are cast over the recording. And i think it also says alot about every artist's defining song, i mean, my song (You're so vain) :) ,or my ex's (American Pie).
After watching the video, i can't stand Hotel California, (an Eagles fan). I feel betrayed. Sometimes, i think the artists do take part in the spell-casting.
What is troubling though is the fact that big labels bought up smaller/indie christian labels. No wonder 'christian music' makes us backslide, specifically CCM (Christian Contemporary Music).

yiksmes

Established
Is anybody well versed here on the subject: Music is haram in islam? Or post some good link to read to understand it properly.
Some say you can listen to music without the songs, some say songs without music, some say if music then depends which instrument, I wan to know about this subject properly - Sorry if it's the wrong section to ask

Karlysymon

Superstar

John Todd may have been a plant, controlled opposition, liar or whatever else but this is real, with or without his 'expose`'.

Lecrae Makes a Major Career Move to Join Beyoncé, Adele, Pharrell. Evangelicals’ favorite rapper signs with one of America's most popular music labels.

The album covers look the same (as secular) and naturally, the music sounds the same. And i guess produces the same result.
Is the symbolism really necessary for the cover and is that the best they could dream up for an album cover, and felt it best represented Christ and the gospel?

Haich

Superstar
Is anybody well versed here on the subject: Music is haram in islam? Or post some good link to read to understand it properly.
Some say you can listen to music without the songs, some say songs without music, some say if music then depends which instrument, I wan to know about this subject properly - Sorry if it's the wrong section to ask
Hey

In Islam, music is a topic which has divided many. The hadith which states music is haram is:

IMG_4691.JPG

As you know, the authenticity and interpretations of Hadiths are disputed. Here, people aren't in agreement about what's meant by 'musical instruments'. Is it physical instruments? Or the voice? (Aka singing)

Music is a means of control, every song in existence has some spiritual effect on you and you can relate to it on a deeper level. There's also hidden ideologies and messages in music which subconsciously affect your mind. Promiscuity, hypersexuality, but most importantly music is all about celebrating the freedom of desire. In Islam, we believe prolonged exposure to music makes it difficult to grasp certain themes in the Quran, as the music (especially modern music) has trained society to deem these themes normal and acceptable

For instance, dating. It's such a common theme in many songs, boy loves girl and they go at it in a park or a dodgy hotel room because that's awesome and spontaneous (sarcasm).
In Islam, independent dating is forbidden and a couple who like eachother must be chaperoned by a third party to prevent any naughty shenanigans. So dates are organised and it should be a public place, where you won't be tempted to pounce on each other. It makes sense, you get to know the person and sexual desires are repressed as there's no opportunity to make a move...

Unfortunately many Young (and old) Muslims listen to music opposing this theme. 'Live your life' 'follow your heart' and 'show him/her how much you mean to them' are typical lyrics which resonate with the youth of today. As a result, society is met with a bunch of rampant teens and teenage pregnancies becoming the norm. Shows like Teem Mom glorify this...

Islam is teaching us to regulate our desires and to avoid sin but people are weak and just because you're Muslim it doesn't mean your exempt from desire and sin, but you're better equipped to handle these situations and you know God is watching and testing your resilience...so you feel shame and guilt...

Music is a very accessible and deviant source of distraction and this is why I personally don't listen to it. I stopped listening to music when I was 19 and I'm now 26, if you try to read the Quran and listen to music, trust me it won't work. One of the two will eventually suffer and for me that's proof that it disturbs the peace of my heart...

Many Muslims do listen to music but that doesn't in any way negate their dedication to God. It's a disputed subject but I don't believe a spiritually sound person would want to listen to the drivel on the music charts.

There's a detailed breakdown of the hadith here,
https://islamqa.info/en/5000 but it's got a lot of technical language so you may want to re-read it a few times.

Ibn Mas’ud, ‘Music plants hypocrisy in the heart’.

Ibn al Qayyim, ‘Music and The Qur’aan can not congregate in the heart’.

Haich

Superstar
Some would argue you could listen to positive music. Ok sure, but it's just another extreme form of hysteria and a euphoric high...almost as if you're worshipping the song.

The point is it controls you and you go back to it, it's addictive. It's an indulgence which disturbs your spirituality. My Christian friend often tells me she worships God through song but how is it worship if you're becoming more emotional at the music and it's beauty as opposed to simple remembrance of the creator?

She goes to an evangelical Caribbean church and their voices are so beautiful (I've heard them at a function) but it's always drowned out by loud instruments...focus on the words and voice,otherwise it's just a rave in God's name.

In Islam we recite the Quran in a melodious tone and there's no instrumentals...unless you're a Sufi. Musical instruments distract the meaning from the words, prayer is supposed to be calm and peaceful not deafening with your heart thumping due to the base.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Couldn't agree more.
And i guess, Cat Stevens aka Yusuf Islam, couldn't resist the call of his old profession.
The flesh is weak and we all make mistakes no matter how hard we try not too and Yusuf Islam is no different in that regard. I believe music can be used for good but often it's not and that's why I have completely cut my self off from it unless I know exactly who it's coming from and what the message is.

Vixy

Star
Sure, he's a bullshitter! Thats probably why he was taken in to an mental asylum against his will and then dissapeared without a trace and was never heard of again. Cause that is absolutely NOTHING the very powerful elite would do, NEVER! :rolleyes: