"Sweet Tooth" Hate Thread

The Agrarian

Veteran
I'll just preface this thread with a disclaimer.

I don't have a NetFlix account and generally live under a rock when it comes to the last decade of pop-culture. When I saw V.C mention this show in his SPOTM article I thought I'd look it up for gawking reasons.

Sweet merciful fuck this is an abomination. Couldn't even look at screenshots from the show, something about "animal-people" makes me viscerally sick.

Has anyone here seen the series? I don't have the stomach for it and want some deconstruction on the agit-prop the masses are being spoonfed.

(For those with stronger guts)

The Agrarian

Veteran
My takeaway:

V.C was right. They want to get the public acclimated to the concept of these demonic abominations walking down the street, a public park, or your local grocery store.

Throwing in that little bit about a virus for a backstory seems like predictive programming to me, but then again, I'm just one guy. Hope V.C writes a full article on this series and roasts tf outta Netflix.

Maldarker

Star
Am planning on it. No reaction either way yet. I know its a graphic novel series and that's about it atm.

Maldarker

Star
My takeaway:

V.C was right. They want to get the public acclimated to the concept of these demonic abominations walking down the street, a public park, or your local grocery store.

Throwing in that little bit about a virus for a backstory seems like predictive programming to me, but then again, I'm just one guy. Hope V.C writes a full article on this series and roasts tf outta Netflix.

Just like the egyptian freaky gods i guess or creatures from myth. SMH

Journeyman

Established
I'll just preface this thread with a disclaimer.

I don't have a NetFlix account and generally live under a rock when it comes to the last decade of pop-culture. When I saw V.C mention this show in his SPOTM article I thought I'd look it up for gawking reasons.

Sweet merciful fuck this is an abomination. Couldn't even look at screenshots from the show, something about "animal-people" makes me viscerally sick.

Has anyone here seen the series? I don't have the stomach for it and want some deconstruction on the agit-prop the masses are being spoonfed.

(For those with stronger guts)

I haven't seen it, thinking of letting my netflix sub slide as I don't really enjoy anything much on there anymore. However, I was reading this page the other day:

and it covers this show, decoding it as being related to offering MKUltra victims who have been used as guerilla soldiers a way out of their current life. You'd probably be better exploring the site a bit to get the idea before leaping into that decode though, it's got pretty deep in the past few months...