Stephen King

I haven't read any of his books but watched Shawshank Redemption and absolutely loved that movie!

I'm not sure if I should give his books a go?
Why not? Reading is such a nice past-time! I don't think you'd really regret it but you decide!

Qedr

Rookie
Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that anyone with a high degree of success in our modern world is most likely a Satanist.
Do you think that it applies to King as well?

My opinion is that King is an awesome writer (not an artist though, more like craftsman). If you pay attention on date of particular book release and compare it with status of Stephen's life (he openly admitted to his mistakes) you may notice that more wicked stuff was created when he was heavily drinking and doing drugs. He put his personal demons on paper. Later books, though, keep more positive approach imo and they are not so sick.
Behind gruesome scenery there is a deep analysis of humanity. It's not horrors, creatures that are worst in King's stories, but people. They turn against each other, use dark power for malicious purposes. But on the other hand they can unite to fight the horror they are facing. All his books contain psychological insight which is more important than supernatural setting.

Personally I don't think Stephen King is satanic. He's not innocent also, probably somehow compliant with the agenda but I don't think his books are used to push one. They might give you nightmares though ;)

IndianaGal

Rookie
Do you think that it applies to King as well?

My opinion is that King is an awesome writer (not an artist though, more like craftsman). If you pay attention on date of particular book release and compare it with status of Stephen's life (he openly admitted to his mistakes) you may notice that more wicked stuff was created when he was heavily drinking and doing drugs. He put his personal demons on paper. Later books, though, keep more positive approach imo and they are not so sick.
Behind gruesome scenery there is a deep analysis of humanity. It's not horrors, creatures that are worst in King's stories, but people. They turn against each other, use dark power for malicious purposes. But on the other hand they can unite to fight the horror they are facing. All his books contain psychological insight which is more important than supernatural setting.

Personally I don't think Stephen King is satanic. He's not innocent also, probably somehow compliant with the agenda but I don't think his books are used to push one. They might give you nightmares though ;)
I can't answer definitively and I am personally torn on this one but he is the #1 author of the world. The last few (Bill Hodges) are more thrillers than horrors but they certainly aren't his biggest sellers. Another movie has been made of one of his horror novels. I imagine Hollywood will most likely be pushing their Satanic agenda and how much responsibility does he have with that?

Although I stick buy my blanket statement that that anyone with a high degree of success in our modern world is most likely a Satanist, I do have pangs of sorrow regarding artists, musicians and others I believe are/were Satanists. It took me a lot of research and long time to fully accept this. I would be entirely happy to be completely wrong about King and the rest.

Last edited:

SkepticCat

Veteran
I have read almost everything he has written. He is a brillient writer. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that anyone with a high degree of success in our modern world is most likely a Satanist. Certainly this applies to Hollywood and the music industry.
There are some interesting 'Illuminati conspiracy' analyses of the The Shining film floating around on the web. It is alleged by them Kubrick knew about the fake moon landings so perhaps King did, too.

The cover of his 'The Regulators' which is about this ancient, evil, reality-bending entity that awakens has an eye on its cover despite no references to eyes in the novel.

The 'It' movie is extremely disturbing and its clown gets referenced by the occultists - VC has, for instance, featured a picture of Bieber wearing an 'It' clown mask.

'Desperation' may have some one-eye action going, too:

'Cycle of the Werewolf'. Yes, I think a picture is forming here:

... Actually, he looks to be pretty much Illuminati 101.

Pushing agenda, alright.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Established
I grew up reading SK, and had read everything he wrote,right up until some silly story about some chick digging up an alien spaceship in the woods behind her house. That was the end for me. And I never "got" the Dark Tower series. Also silly. I loved "The Shining," loooooved "The Stand," and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for all the kids (and Pennywise, heh heh) in "It."

But my favorite Stephen King book Of All Time is "The Talisman." It as a collaboration with another author named Peter Straub, and boy oh boy, that book is a modern classic. All the archetypes are there, with SK's usual sardonic twist, and Mr. Straub adds a lyrical sense, almost but not quite poetry, to the descriptions of people and places (and things...) in the prose. One of King's strengths is in mixing the mundane and the outlandish to produce a skewed perception by the characters of what is or isn't(?) real, and he uses it here to great effect. It's been many years since I read this story, yet every once in a while something IRL will remind me of a character, a line, an image from THIS Book. As. does any great work of literature.

Ella

Rookie
Is worth mentioning that his son is also a writer and has some dark stuff going on as well. I don't know much of his work only that he writes under a different name then king and that he wrote the book that was made in the movie Horns starring Daniel Radcliffe, if you remember when he had that horns period

SheWatches

Rookie
he is definitely a part of a much darker scene. He is a Democrat.
That is hilarious & I usually vote Democrat. It took me awhile to realize the 2 party system is pretty much broken.

Ah, yes Stephen King. I usually enjoy his shorter stories, especially the ones that aren't specifically horror, like Stand By Me.
He's the number 1 author? I thought that was Ann Rice, Dan Brown or Michael Crichton. Guess it depends what time & what genre.

Lisa

Superstar
@A.J.
Hi :) I know this question will take this thread off topic, if it's a problem for you then don't answer.

Thinking of Stephen King and his books makes me think of someone else..
Have you read Ted Dekker? The reason why I mention him is that he's says he's a Christian (and you said you are one) but he's written some pretty dark books himself. I was wondering if you've read him, what you think?

Sherekeewoman

Rookie
I haven't read any of his books but watched Shawshank Redemption and absolutely loved that movie!

I'm not sure if I should give his books a go?
I have not read any other posts in this forum yet, but I am a lifetime fan of Stephen King. His masterpiece is the Dark Tower series... 7 books, his Opus. It brings connections to many of his other books. There are other "worlds" and "dimensions" and his crafting is fun. I like "dark" content sometimes; murder mysteries, etc. in a Fictional setting! The Talisman and Black House were excellent but really scary!

Sherekeewoman

Rookie
I grew up reading SK, and had read everything he wrote,right up until some silly story about some chick digging up an alien spaceship in the woods behind her house. That was the end for me. And I never "got" the Dark Tower series. Also silly. I loved "The Shining," loooooved "The Stand," and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for all the kids (and Pennywise, heh heh) in "It."

But my favorite Stephen King book Of All Time is "The Talisman." It as a collaboration with another author named Peter Straub, and boy oh boy, that book is a modern classic. All the archetypes are there, with SK's usual sardonic twist, and Mr. Straub adds a lyrical sense, almost but not quite poetry, to the descriptions of people and places (and things...) in the prose. One of King's strengths is in mixing the mundane and the outlandish to produce a skewed perception by the characters of what is or isn't(?) real, and he uses it here to great effect. It's been many years since I read this story, yet every once in a while something IRL will remind me of a character, a line, an image from THIS Book. As. does any great work of literature.
I am shuddering now... since I read that you thought the Dark Tower series was silly!!! WHAT??!!! You CRAZY!! LOL I def agree with the Talisman.....did you read the follow up Black House? Really SCARY!

TMT

Star
I am shuddering now... since I read that you thought the Dark Tower series was silly!!! WHAT??!!! You CRAZY!! LOL I def agree with the Talisman.....did you read the follow up Black House? Really SCARY!
1-4 were great but I did not like 5-7. I am excited by the movie though since its not a direct adaptation.

Trenton

Veteran
I grew up in Bangor and had a chance to meet him once while at the movie theater. He was really nice, and a pretty regular guy.

He writes about really dark shit, but im pretty sure he's just an author. A talented man with a lot on his mind.

He does a lot of kind things. Donates money, attends AA meetings at the Bangor Methodist Church with the locals. Cares a lot about his wife and children.

He's an agnostic as afar as I'm aware, raised Methodist. And a real stand up guy IMO.

TMT

Star
I grew up in Bangor and had a chance to meet him once while at the movie theater. He was really nice, and a pretty regular guy.

He writes about really dark shit, but im pretty sure he's just an author. A talented man with a lot on his mind.

He does a lot of kind things. Donates money, attends AA meetings at the Bangor Methodist Church with the locals. Cares a lot about his wife and children.

He's an agnostic as afar as I'm aware, raised Methodist. And a real stand up guy IMO.
He's an American treasure honestly and by sheer force of will made horror a mainstream genre , and sold more books than anyone, ever. You can tell on his interviews he's as regular as any can be for his amount of success.