Scenic Photos And Landmarks From Your Country/ Where You Live

JoChris

Superstar
More than 80% of each year in Maine is completely overcast, raining and or snowing. It can be very depressing.

The summer is beautiful though lol. When it isn't raining...

The winters are ridiculously brutal in Maine.
I wish we could split 50-50 our weather systems. The wet season here in Queensland is in Summer so it gets very hot and sticky. Lots southerners come up here now though. We can tell that by the number of campervans and caravans that start arriving in May.

cajun

Established
I wish we could split 50-50 our weather systems. The wet season here in Queensland is in Summer so it gets very hot and sticky. Lots southerners come up here now though. We can tell that by the number of campervans and caravans that start arriving in May.
Like snowbirds in Texas? :cool:

Here is the beach outside my home. I recorded this today.

Miss Terry

Rookie
Lol, i just grabbed that photo from Instagram ;)
We have tarsier and other endangered animals, im living in the city, but there's a lot more in the province area...
such as Palawan, Bohol and northern part of Luzon

JoChris

Superstar
Like snowbirds in Texas? :cool:

Here is the beach outside my home. I recorded this today.

I love it! Did you do much bodysurfing done there?

That looks quite like the Gold Coast. Some parts are way too overdeveloped now, like here.

A bit better here, but you can still see skyscrapers.

That was the best thing about Western Australia's beaches once you get away from the capital city. The state is way too big to get overdeveloped like many parts of the East Coast now.

JoChris

Superstar
Lol, i just grabbed that photo from Instagram ;)
We have tarsier and other endangered animals, im living in the city, but there's a lot more in the province area...
such as Palawan, Bohol and northern part of Luzon
I am cheating using Google Images. I have been to these places though.
A fringe benefit of being an army wife - I miss the free trips around Australia during posting transfers.

cajun

Established
I love it! Did you do much bodysurfing done there?

That looks quite like the Gold Coast. Some parts are way too overdeveloped now, like here.

A bit better here, but you can still see skyscrapers.

That was the best thing about Western Australia's beaches once you get away from the capital city. The state is way too big to get overdeveloped like many parts of the East Coast now.
No, I'm not much of a bodysurfer. I usually just try to swim a few strokes up and down the beach. When the waves are strong I like to dtand and let them hit my back. But today there were some box jellyfish so I didn't swim. :cool:

JoChris

Superstar
No, I'm not much of a bodysurfer. I usually just try to swim a few strokes up and down the beach. When the waves are strong I like to dtand and let them hit my back. But today there were some box jellyfish so I didn't swim. :cool:
I didn't know the USA got the box jellyfish too.
Do you also have stingers nets at all major beaches within the jellyfish climate zone?

cajun

Established
I didn't know the USA got the box jellyfish too.
Do you also have stingers nets at all major beaches within the jellyfish climate zone?
Maybe it's not the same one. It's not deadly, just painful. You want to avoid it because of tentacles. There's a more common jelly, the cabbage, that stings slightly but does not have tentacles. We don't take precautions. Just look out for them.

JoChris

Superstar