Movies

Daze

Superstar
I'm pretty sure we have a conspiracy movie thread here, Also a documentary thread. But I don't think we have a normal movie thread here.

Occasionally I'll look for a decent movie, but since I don't watch tv I don't really know what's out there. So if you see a good movie (and where to find it) leave it here.
Maybe give some details on it.

I'll source a few that I've come across that might be worth your time.

Daze

Superstar
Lethal Weapon

Cop movie

7.6 on imdb

Starring Mel Gibson and Danny Glover

Daze

Superstar

Daze

Superstar
Misery

Steven King classic.

7.8 on imdb

Staring James Caan and Kathy Bates

Daze

Superstar
You know, it's funny, I made this thread so you people could give me ideas on where to find decent movies. In trying to keep the thread semi active, I've run across a lot of movies that look decent with good ratings on imdb. I got at least 10 now that will last for several weekends easy.

So while I don't need this thread myself atm. I'll continue to post in it. As others can still recommend something decent.

But let me offer a few tips. If anything looks interesting, download it. Even if you don't plan to watch it anytime soon. What's here today might not be tomorrow. Bitchute for example is always axing channels. So is Odysee.

There are many ways to download movies with various browser add-ons. One I'm currently using for Firefox is cococut. But feel free to use whatever you like.

Something else that people might find useful. If you're searching for something to watch on a platform like Bitchute, Odysee, Rumble and so on. A good way to go about it is to look for a movie you've seen and liked. When it comes up in a search. Check out the channel that shared it. Odds are they've uploaded other movies. If you liked that movie, you'll probably like others they've uploaded.

Should we touch on piracy? I think it's very much a personal opinion. You could argue you can watch any of these movies on networks for "free" if you're willing to watch a few commercials, and I'm willing to bet most here use ad blockers to begin with. I know I've used them for years. Not only because it saves bandwidth and speeds up load times, but because many ad's today contain malware.

But pretty much everything I've shared is old anyway. You've not going to see me linking 2024 movies.
Just older ones whose dvd can only be found in pawn shops these days.

I have only added this piracy bit due to the handful of people here who let me live in their heads rent-free :). I'm not against piracy for old content. In many circumstances, it's the only way to get such media.

A Freeman

Superstar
An Education (2009)

"An Education" tells the story of a 16-year-old girl who is the target of a sophisticated seduction by a 35-year-old Jewish-man. This happens in 1961, when 16-year-old girls were a great deal less knowing than they are now.

Stucky

Superstar
I'll post a random list of mainstream movies. You'll need to source them yourself though.

O Brother Where Art Thou

No Country For Old Men

Burn After Reading

Wag The Dog

Cookies Fortune

Sling Blade

My Cousin Vinny

The Fugitive

U.S Marshals

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre

Enter The Dragon

Roman J Israel Esq

Hostiles

Platoon

Mel Gibson's Playback (1999)

I'm not sure why this one has such a low rating on IMDB because I actually found it quite funny. Probably because it mocks Hollywood:

Bowfinger (1999)

jerfer

Rookie
Bridgertons 10/10. For your movie nights, Syfy offers a good selection of sci-fi movies and shows. If you're into sci-fi and need a go-to place for entertainment, Syfy could be worth considering.

Last edited: