Michael Moore’s Planet of the Humans

Thunderian

Superstar
Has anyone seen it? I started watching it today but had to yield the TV to cartoon ninjas.

Moore doesn’t narrate it, and hasn’t appeared in it so far, thank God, so I don’t have the reaction I usually have to Moore docs.

This documentary is causing a stir, chiefly because it’s a skewering of the Left’s fantasy of clean energy, by a filmmaker who has, until now, been a champion of progressive causes.

Of course, a lot of the same people who ate Moore’s shtick up when he was attacking America are now calling him a sensationalist who uses selective reporting to shape a narrative that doesn’t always reflect the truth of a matter.

I’ve read a couple of articles by scandalized lefties who basically say that Moore has always been full of it, and point out that some of his examples of “clean” energy using more fossil fuels to create less power are out of date by years, but I haven’t seen what I would call a proper rebuttal to the doc’s premise, which is that so-called green energy is a myth and a scam.

Watch it and let’s talk about it.

Fun fact: Not everyone on the "left" is a hivemind, anymore that the right. I've always thought a lot of "green" initiatives have been shams... Since it actually doesn't do anything to help protect the enviroment. Buy carbon taxes and keep raping the planet, it's fine! Yeah, it's just the typical neo-liberal bait and switch. To quote the great Jello Biafra, "the Democrats pretend to feel guilty about greed, corruption, bigotry, and war... and don't forget pollution!"

Although I'm not a fan of Michael Moore's style of documentary in general... He's the basically a more polished, liberal version of James O'Keefe. That's to say he uses a lot of sensationalist stuff and stuff out of context to push a narritive.

monkeylove

Rookie
It skewers the left and the right by showing that not only is "green" energy not green it also has low energy returns.

Karlysymon

Superstar
It makes sense now, retrospectively, that the film was pulled from youtube because the Great Reset was going to be announced afew weeks later. If the film had been widely watched by the public, it would have been difficult to sell the Great reset and its green agenda. The Aussie lawmaker rightly questions why all these billionaires are so interested in green energy which isn't profitable.