Fresh Prince of Bel Air is getting a Gritty Reboot

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
(Disclaimer: This is the fan trailer. But the actual Will Smith is doing this. SOURCE)

Ok, now this is my old man's rant.

Fresh Prince is big here in Brazil. Aparentely, will smith's wife cheated on him or something else, his kids are weird and then he wants us to suffer?

I'm so angry at this that I don't even know how to put this into articulate words, I could just point some random bullet points on how this is wrong.

1. One of the first things you see is Will character in a mkultra dualistic room with a triangle pointed crown making that "gangsta" face. what the heck.
2. Will is going to bel-air because he was caught with a gun? There is an episode of the original series that already deal with this, and it is one of the most well executed episodes in the whole show, maybe barring only that one where will's dad left him again.
3. Will is not in jail due to uncle phil influence? The guy is supossed to be a judge, this is a clear case of corruption. In the O.S. he had to run to bel-air because he was in trouble, but not a crime, you get my drift? And the guy in the end even redeems himself trying to make a better neighborhood.
4. Uncle Phil says he's the law, the heck? Uncle phil is the father figure that everyone is looking foward as inspiration, his respect is earned trough love, not trough fear.
5. Will here looks like he wants to be bad just for the aesthetics.
1597232291280.png
Me, right now

Now, seriously. Will Smith life is become quite messy and that few seconds takes about Will in the prince throne with all the mk ultra imagery surely earns a few red lights. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is a classic, mixing comedy and some surgical drama that never feels artificial or forced and I know that it has influeced a whole generation. Is this what the new generation consumes? Really?