Favorite Things Thread!

DesertRose

Superstar
Yeah! I love these little critters. I have 2 budgies and 2 cockatiels, but only one of them is willing to show affection towards other animals and humans :)
Wow you have many birds!:D and they can show affection that must be rewarding!:) Thanks Mr. Anderson!

DesertRose

Superstar
Love It !!! @elsbet keep it coming I love the shares:)

This picture is so whimsical that we are only missing Prince Ali from Agrabah:p:)
On a serious note, very attracted to pottery and tile work, ceramic plates/bowls etc, calligraphy, intricate carpets ....... pretty much everything artistic!!:)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
For those who like to watch different marriage ceremonies here is a neat video. There is an area in Iran with Turkmen tribal lands.
Interesting Fact, Turkmen live in Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Pakistan.
Sometimes I think, if people everywhere were left to prosper in their own lands what a wondrous world this would be.

A Turkmen wedding in Iran | DW Documentary

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
For all our clashing (and I mean all of us lol), my first thought when viewing google homepage, this morning--

Oooh.. @DesertRose has to see this! (as though you won't hit google at some point today). :D

... I thought they were hanging lanterns. Alas-- they are not. They are made of wire (sigh), but they are lovely, nonetheless, and they are currently on display at the Guggenheim (in addition to other notable places). Artist, Ruth Asawa.

:)

Attachments

Allegra

Veteran
Ive been into this kind of egg pod hanging chair. I want to get one for my new house, if the shipping isn’t too much hassle.
I like this for indoor though not outdoor.

2D6EA599-DC14-46F4-8164-0FAABF8B1BFE.jpeg

DesertRose

Superstar
Oooh.. @DesertRose has to see this! (as though you won't hit google at some point today). :D
... I thought they were hanging lanterns. Alas-- they are not. They are made of wire (sigh), but they are lovely, nonetheless, and they are currently on display at the Guggenheim (in addition to other notable places).
Thank You for thinking about me when you saw the lanterns! They are very exquisite!:)
Currently, I am loving SE Asian styles:

Ive been into this kind of egg pod hanging chair. I want to get one for my new house, if the shipping isn’t too much hassle.
I like this for indoor though not outdoor.

Thank you both for your contributions.:)

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
@grateful servant yup we are getting there aren't we I did a part of my shopping. Yay! Blessed month indeed! BarakAllah feeki sis!
@Dalit a bookstore road trip sounds great!:)
All the pics from the link were nice and I especially liked this one! Thanks for sharing:):

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
I totally could have tea here :)
LOL greetings Lisa thanks for your contributions.
These are the things that we could share as long as we do not talk about politics and religion.
Tea and Jane Austen it is.....;):)
Even the zombie version.......ps did you see the modern day spin off by the BBC?

I love sunsets and photography
Wonderful and lovely, thanks for sharing your favorite things.:)

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
LOL greetings Lisa thanks for your contributions.
These are the things that we could share as long as we do not talk about politics and religion.
Tea and Jane Austen it is.....;):)
Even the zombie version.......ps did you see the modern day spin off by the BBC?

Wonderful and lovely, thanks for sharing your favorite things.:)
I read the rules of the thread before I posted Miss Rose and you will see there was no politics or religion to be found...just a lot of tea.

Ya, I know there is a zombie version, I got that for my daughter thinking zombie Jane Austen was better than no Jane Austen lol!

No, I did not see the modern spin off. I’ll have to look for it, thanks!